What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price autobiography

Jesbass

First Grade
Do you know what it's called, mate? And is it written by Price, or Richard Becht? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

ozbash

Referee
make a nice xmas pressie, wonder what wazzas getting me..

has anyone got the new 100 years of Maori RL yet ?

Jesbass

First Grade
$39.99 at the warehouse i do believe ?

I haven't seen a warewhare around here just yet, but I'll keep my eyes peeled, because there must be one, lol.

How does it compare to the 100 Years of New Zealand Rugby League book from a couple of years ago?

ozbash

Referee
havnt seen it yet but it looks a lot smaller.

100 Years of New Zealand Rugby League is probably the most comprehensive book in print, its quite an amazing source of info.

LeagueNut

First Grade
A snippet from Pricey's book: (source)

KANGAROO front-rowers Steve Price and Josh Perry are hardly the closest of the Australians to take the field against England tonight.

In his new book to be released shortly, Price reveals he was called "a twinkie'' by Perry when the Warriors played the Sea Eagles this year.

At the time, Price was furious that Perry would drag out a rumour that first emerged eight years ago and is so far off the mark it's not funny.

Perry is far from the most popular member of the team and many believe Kurt Gidley's withdrawal from the squad was a blessing in disguise.

Insiders say there was plenty of tension between the Knights utility and his former team-mate. Like Storm hitman Michael Crocker, Gidley is a close mate of Clint Newton, the player Perry infamously betrayed last year.

Newton's popularity put Perry in plenty of bad books after the Eagles prop slept with the ex-Knight's girlfriend Erin Salkeld in a tryst that destroyed their relationship.
Gotta admit, I'd never heard that rumour before. Wonder how Josh is enjoying his time in the Aussie camp?

HevyDevy

Coach
Price has been through quite a bit during his career - salary cap, Coffs Harbour, gay rumours, gambling rumours, leaving the Dogs and all the crap at the Warriors in 2005.

Jesbass

First Grade
havnt seen it yet but it looks a lot smaller.

100 Years of New Zealand Rugby League is probably the most comprehensive book in print, its quite an amazing source of info.

Yeah, it sure is. I've got a copy - autographed and all! :D I've used it a number of times while researching for articles.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Josh will be sweet in the Oz camp, plenty of Manly boys around him

Price's book will be a good read probably, am nearly finished Menzies and that has been great

When in Australia i picked up the Centenary of Rugby Legaue book, basically the Oz version of our kiwis one, that is an awesome book too. Was lucky enough that is basically only cost me $10, and in some shops was going for $75. I won $40 worth of vouchers, and was in Big W and they well selling the book for 40 so that was perfect

Jesbass

First Grade
Price has been through quite a bit during his career - salary cap, Coffs Harbour, gay rumours, gambling rumours, leaving the Dogs and all the crap at the Warriors in 2005.

This is the first I've heard of rumours about Price being gay... :?

Jesbass

First Grade
I've had a look around, it seems that they stemmed from him appearing in a gay magazine called Blue back around 1999-2001.

Steve Price was in the issue of the Gay men's magazine blue he posed nude in it for an artistic look. This issue resulted in one of the highest sales of the magazine. The article was a 6 page black and white photoshoot of artistic shots of Steve's buff body. Steve posed for this magazine in 1999-2001. Steve is the 2nd NRL player to pose nude for a Gay magazine.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Steve_Price

wittyfan

Referee
Steve wore a dog collar for some of the pics in that shoot.

No wonder there were rumours at the time.

keeney

First Grade
I thought the gambling rumours were accepted facts? Forgive my ignorance but I thought that was the impetus behind leaving Sydney, ala Sullivan?

Jesbass

First Grade
I thought the gambling rumours were accepted facts? Forgive my ignorance but I thought that was the impetus behind leaving Sydney, ala Sullivan?

Yeah, Price has admitted his former gambling problems in the New Zealand press.