What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price to retire at the end of 2010

Red Bear

Referee
Not a massive surprise, I mean he's 35 turning 36, but still a bit sad. Great player, along with Petero one of the first two players i would have chosen in my side over the last 5-10 years, Qld will miss these kind of props.

ByRd

First Grade
Champion, will forever be a Bulldog legend and even though he is a Warrior, he will always be a Bulldog.

Even though he isnt playing this week, im positive he will get a mighty cheer from dogs fans, awesome career and only got better with age.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Did I miss some big renaming of the NRL side hailing from New Zealand? The Vodaphone Warriors???

WTF?

Does that mean, like referring to the Raiders as 'Canberra', the Panthers as 'Penrith' or the Storm as 'News Ltd', we now refer to the Warriors as 'Vodaphone' as in, "Jeez, don't know who to tip out of Penrith & Vodaphone"???

shiznit

Coach
Did I miss some big renaming of the NRL side hailing from New Zealand? The Vodaphone Warriors???

WTF?

Does that mean, like referring to the Raiders as 'Canberra', the Panthers as 'Penrith' or the Storm as 'News Ltd', we now refer to the Warriors as 'Vodaphone' as in, "Jeez, don't know who to tip out of Penrith & Vodaphone"???
until the Auckland City Council or NZ Govt start paying the big bucks to get the naming rights for the club then they can be the 'Bleachbum Anal Bleaching Cream' Warriors for all i care... that sponsorship money would be important.

Butters

Bench
It's a shame that such a scummy player will be remembered as a champion by some people (Dogs and QLD supporters mostly). Although i suppose kneeing players in the head and diving at players knee's is admired amongst the dogs.

Butters

Bench
steveprice.jpg

Red Bear

Referee
It's a shame that such a scummy player will be remembered as a champion by some people (Dogs and QLD supporters mostly). Although i suppose kneeing players in the head and diving at players knee's is admired amongst the dogs.
Kind of like wondering why someone like Billy Slater seems to be a cleanskin when discussed in the media despite being a total prick on the field.

cupid

Juniors
Atleast we won't be seeing his bloody face on the front of every Rugby Legue game anymore

Butters

Bench
Kind of like wondering why someone like Billy Slater seems to be a cleanskin when discussed in the media despite being a total prick on the field.

Being a prick and actively trying to wreck players knees are worlds apart. Go cry some more.

Thaigarr

Juniors
Congrats to Price. The first and only player to be involved in 2 massive salary cap rorts where he received under the table payments. A stalwart. A bigger gimp than even Gallop

Iafeta

Referee
LOL@ the Mickey Mouse Loser Brigade.

Congratulations on a terrific career. Over 300 first grade games and what, 40 odd rep games is a damn fine effort. He's been an epic metre eater for 16 odd years now.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
My fav moment was when he got knocked out SOO game 3 2009. It's a pity his career didnt end there.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Certainly mixed reactions from everyone, I liked Price, the NRL should have been onto the charge down thing earlier but he was a great player regardless.

Bazal

Post Whore
One of the best props in the game, and a great ambassador...always gave his all, always played hard but fair. Very glad he won't be playing for QLD for too much longer as a NSW fan

Bazal

Post Whore

Much like Cameron Smith trying to twist a players head off like a bottle top, or Brett White deliberately and maliciously taking out the opposing captain by wrenching his bicep off the bone is admired amongst Victorians, I suppose...

Loudstrat

Coach
16 Origins is a good effort considering Queensland didn't know he existed until he was, what, 28? With correct selection at rep level - he'd be in the Webcke class.

He always came across well in the media, and always seemed to stay out of the grubby stuff. Not one to earn the ire of opposition fans.

His greatest tribute? Butters bags him. Therefore hail him as a hero - the Weary Dunlop of Belmore! He did well carrying the hallowed Price name - the second best Price to play the game post war.

kbw

Bench
Not the dirtiest but not close to the cleanest.
I dislike that he is portraited as the good guy, when he certainly isn't.
I think its unclear whether he was in on the Dogs cap scandal but he must have known about the NZ one, don't forget to find out the real reasons he went to NZ.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
:( Pricey was and still is one of the best players around both on and off the field. Whatever other people think of 'charge downs' is their opinion but I guess if he played for your side you wouldn't mind it one bit ;-)

Seriously some people need to let go of the past....

As for the knockpit thing in Origin, if you are condening that no matter what your personal feelinsg are about the guy, I'd like to see you getting KO yourself see if you'd like it ;-) Never a knock it unless you've been in it!

Latest posts