What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Price

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
I know like a lot of others I carried on about how wanky Souffs were when they announced that everyone but the ball kids would be "captains". But a mate of mine who is very good friends with Maguire passed on that Madge had told him early last year how he was pushing really hard to build a team with belief in each other and themselves to do more than they thought they could (the inference being that Lang had failed miserably by doing his best impersonation of a tomato at every opportunity).

Now it isn't quite perfect but it would hard to argue that Maguire hasn't gone a fair way to creating a really positive on field team culture at Souths. Witness what Furner has done with Papa, Milford and other young blokes at Canberra.

As someone who has worked with some truly inspirational leaders in my professional life (blokes like Peter Cosgrove), Steve Price just doesn't have it and I suspect never will.

I know like a lot of others I carried on about how wanky Souffs were when they announced that everyone but the ball kids would be "captains". But a mate of mine who is very good friends with Maguire passed on that Madge had told him early last year how he was pushing really hard to build a team with belief in each other and themselves to do more than they thought they could (the inference being that Lang had failed miserably by doing his best impersonation of a tomato at every opportunity).

Now it isn't quite perfect but it would hard to argue that Maguire hasn't gone a fair way to creating a really positive on field team culture at Souths. Witness what Furner has done with Papa, Milford and other young blokes at Canberra.

As someone who has worked with some truly inspirational leaders in my professional life (blokes like Peter Cosgrove), Steve Price just doesn't have it and I suspect never will.

On the money in every respect. Just look at his body language at interview, win or lose, it has never been anything different. From what he demonstrates, he lacks passion, conviction, confidence and influence. Maybe he has all those, but he doesn't show it ...doesn't deliver any of it to the players or us as fans. Add the cliches that say nothing. How are we supposed to be lifted, let alone inspired. I bet it is the same for the players.

Look, all things equal, and for thhe most that includes players salaries, the difference IS LEADERSHIP.

mickeylane

Bench
360 program highlighted tonite that Steve Price the most under fire coach...

top 4 experienced coaches available:
Sheens
Smith
Folkes
Hagan

At least they are stating the obvious!!

KiamaSaint

Coach
Well we can remove one from that list, unless not offering Folkes a renewal of his contract as assistant coach is code for upgrading him to first grade coach.

David007

Juniors
And so the coaching merry-go-round begins. Not long till the end of the season & it is apparent which clubs will take on new coaches. I've said before the Dragons board should move first & in my opinion quickly as to secure the best candidate. With Henry reportedly gone from The Cowboys they may strike first. With Kevin Walters walking away from The Storm this week it could prove an interesting ride on said merry-go-round. Many coaches are being touted - the right fit is imperative or the sad plight of the dragons will continue and even worse than that is Price remaining exactly where he is!

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
How has the Bennett steel like defence degenerated into the paper thin stuff we now witness ??? Piss off Price immediately

mickeylane

Bench
Price,doust,young,Stanley,fein,weyman,hunt,ah mau,creagh,prior,green,cooper, should all go now. Did I miss anyone

Totally agree...btw as reported on 873AM Dragons in discussion w Sheens as we speak w more to be reported by early next week...! Light at the end of the tunnell...sheens will do me for 2 years......

And so the coaching merry-go-round begins. Not long till the end of the season & it is apparent which clubs will take on new coaches. I've said before the Dragons board should move first & in my opinion quickly as to secure the best candidate. With Henry reportedly gone from The Cowboys they may strike first. With Kevin Walters walking away from The Storm this week it could prove an interesting ride on said merry-go-round. Many coaches are being touted - the right fit is imperative or the sad plight of the dragons will continue and even worse than that is Price remaining exactly where he is!

...think there is alot of merit in this post.

Price,doust,young,Stanley,fein,weyman,hunt,ah mau,creagh,prior,green,cooper, should all go now. Did I miss anyone

It may Sound good but this is no solution.

A careful appraisal to determine cause and effect is essential. I think it was mentioned at the Dragons supporter's Forum at Kogarah that the Coaching Situation was either currently (then) under Review by the board, or was about to be.

(again, pls excuse the capitals midsentence)