What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Rogers Is Talking To....

BeenThere

Juniors
Hey, SLE, I hear both are just about done deals. Could be a couple of sticking points on the Thommo one, though.

lolesi

First Grade
Hope we get Conn, id be happy for sullyfan to~!

Maybe that article around 2 months ago that had his club : sharks, can predict the future, crazy world we live in.

wittyfan

Referee
Daniel would certainly keep the girls at Toyota Park after Sully's departure. :lol:

And like Zeus, he seems to have a tattoo fetish. :lol:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Thompson-not-wanted-by-NRL-Sharks/2005/11/16/1132016850888.html

Lance Thompson won't receive an NRL lifeline from neighbouring club Cronulla Sharks.

A day after Thompson accepted a mutual agreement to part ways with St George Illawarra, Sharks coach Stuart Raper and general manager Steve Rogers met to discuss a possible future for the backrower.

But both Raper and Rogers agreed to show faith in the young players they already have at the club and not pursue or offer Thompson a contract for next year or anytime in the future.

"Stu and I met and discussed the situation but we are happy with the squad we have assembled and won't be pursuing him for 2006," said Rogers.

"We have got a lot of faith in the young backrowers at the Sharks and believe they can do a good job for us next year."

Sharkie73

Bench
johnsmith@microsoft.com said:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Thompson-not-wanted-by-NRL-Sharks/2005/11/16/1132016850888.html

Lance Thompson won't receive an NRL lifeline from neighbouring club Cronulla Sharks.

A day after Thompson accepted a mutual agreement to part ways with St George Illawarra, Sharks coach Stuart Raper and general manager Steve Rogers met to discuss a possible future for the backrower.

But both Raper and Rogers agreed to show faith in the young players they already have at the club and not pursue or offer Thompson a contract for next year or anytime in the future.

"Stu and I met and discussed the situation but we are happy with the squad we have assembled and won't be pursuing him for 2006," said Rogers.

"We have got a lot of faith in the young backrowers at the Sharks and believe they can do a good job for us next year."

Thank God for that.

Special K

Coach
Thank god but I'd love to have Conn on board. He has massive wraps and a badass tattoo - good enough for the k man.

Jo Ryan

Juniors
Yeap Thank god for that. I think the fans would have revolted. About time we showed some faith in the younger guys. They could do with some confidence boosters from the club officials etc Cronulla have the squad to turn some heads for 2006. Lets get on with 2006.

samshark

Juniors
Dont agree. I think its a wrong decision by Rogers.
While all reports seem to suggest that Lance is a bit of a tosser he is still
a quality established first grader and IMO one of the best secondrowers in the comp. Why wouldnt you sign him. Id take him over Bailey and co any day.

I really hope that some of the young uns do step up buts its a big jump from Flegg to firsts in a year and if they do perform one may ask...will supercoach give them a go??

Latest posts