What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Simpson Get Out Clause Activated

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Simpson is also probably more versatile than Morrison. At least 4 or 5 good years left in Simpson

I don't think we could have kept Morrison no matter what. It was a perfect time to take his young family over and his rep career had probably been fully ended

mickdo

Coach
Just as long as we also pick up a good front rower I would be happy to get Simpson. He rarely has a bad game.

eel4life

Juniors
Its not like Simpson will come cheep, but he has played in the last 2 origin series played for Aussies aswell, he can play Prop Second Row.

He has an origin Mentality aswell where the guy can lift in the big games where we need someone to lift.

He is 26 now so yeah he has a good 5 years in him at a high level.

Parra Guru

Coach
I'm keen on Simpson, Poore and Creagh

If we get one of them, I'll be happy, if we get 2, I'll be over the moon, if we get all of them, I'll be :crazy: with excitement

sooperdooper

First Grade
eel4life said:
Its not like Simpson will come cheep, but he has played in the last 2 origin series played for Aussies aswell, he can play Prop Second Row.

He has an origin Mentality aswell where the guy can lift in the big games where we need someone to lift.

He is 26 now so yeah he has a good 5 years in him at a high level.
yeh but he is a player who is no frills and does his job and doesnt grab the spotlight

Bigfella

Coach
We now appear to be pinning our hopes on ALL of the remaining top shelf off contract players, as opposed to SOME of them

Surely this looking decidedly unrealistic?

I don't want to be the voice of doom but are we leaving our run too late?

It looks like we (as fans) are pinning our hope to the fact that we have actually signed some of these players but for some reason not announced the signings?

The Colonel

Immortal
I think we are pinning our hopes on just being able to put a competitive side on the park for next year. A lot of faith will be placed on the shoulders of our juniors unless we pick up even some mid-range signings.

Parra Guru

Coach
I think we're going to have to be very patient with Hagan next season, unless we produce some massive signings and quick!!

It's going to be hard coming into a a club that, along with it's supporters, is scarred from the Brian Smith saga and the goings on of 2006.

I guess the positive that we can take from all this is that Parra are seeking a fresh approach by bringing in Hagan. Maybe he might bring a more positive influence in with him.

The Colonel said:
I think we are pinning our hopes on just being able to put a competitive side on the park for next year. A lot of faith will be placed on the shoulders of our juniors unless we pick up even some mid-range signings.

Which Juniors?? ..... most of them a leaving. Doesn't look good at all. ;-)

yy_cheng

Coach
Flegg players. Fast Track promotion.

We could do what the Flegg team does, backs in the pack and your star

8. Burt

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
it's just a story guys..I wouldn't get too excited, however regardless of the situation it's not as if we don't have money to burn..so who knows.

I hope the people recruiting at Parramatta don't feel this way. There is a limit where a player is no longer worth the money he is offered.

The Colonel

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
Flegg players. Fast Track promotion.

That isn't necessarily a great help. We are already looking at a lack of depth given who has left. Pushing these kids on too early may be detrimental to their long term development.

Unless management have a few names up their sleeves in Myles, Manuokafoa, Asotasi and Craig Stapleton what is left out there doesn't instil much confidence. Probably explains the interest again in Delaney and Cannings.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
Which Juniors?? ..... most of them a leaving. Doesn't look good at all. ;-)

That wonderful SG Ball side who should be playing Flegg next year. ;-)

Cordoba, Hauraki, Taia, Tsoulos, Inu, Keating. They have had the wraps from a lot of people so they may have to stand up and prove their potential. It isn't really doom and gloom but our depth next season will be tested.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
I hope the people recruiting at Parramatta don't feel this way. There is a limit where a player is no longer worth the money he is offered.

well, I agree i don't want to turn out like Souths but at the moment it sure as hell seems that way.

The Colonel said:
That wonderful SG Ball side who should be playing Flegg next year. ;-)

Cordoba, Hauraki, Taia, Tsoulos, Inu, Keating. They have had the wraps from a lot of people so they may have to stand up and prove their potential. It isn't really doom and gloom but our depth next season will be tested.

yep all those players that you mentioned have talent. You can add Tony Williams to that List too.

But Losing Feleti and Green will not be good for Parra.

yy_cheng

Coach
The Colonel said:
That isn't necessarily a great help. We are already looking at a lack of depth given who has left. Pushing these kids on too early may be detrimental to their long term development.

Unless management have a few names up their sleeves in Myles, Manuokafoa, Asotasi and Craig Stapleton what is left out there doesn't instil much confidence. Probably explains the interest again in Delaney and Cannings.

My post was a bit of tongue in cheek as it appears we have let go a few 1st grade forwards and also letting go some of our PL players forwards.

If the expected targets do not come, there will be a gaping hole.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
yep all those players that you mentioned have talent. You can add Tony Williams to that List too.

But Losing Feleti and Green will not be good for Parra.

Tony is a good kid and will go far. The likes of Hodkinson, Mannah, Wood, Tautai, Tua'au and some of the other youngsters will hopefully go on. But they haven't even played a full season in Flegg yet. Thankfully we have signed them but there time isn't next year.

Green maybe will be a loss.

Feleti just hasn't been consistent enough. He was given the opportunity at the start of the year to push for a first grade spot but hasn't come on. The bloke looks disinterested most of the time and is shockingly lazy in defence. His attack is there but he needs to do a bit more for mine. I think he is very much suited to a long career in England.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
well, I agree i don't want to turn out like Souths but at the moment it sure as hell seems that way.

I notice you have stopped adding winky.

I have a really bad feeling about our recruitment.

Suity

Parraren

Bench
Apparently Delaney & Cannings have been offered contracts. That to me is a worrying sign.

Could be a sign that we haven't been able to OR are not confident of picking up any quality players on the market and are going to have to retain players that would otherwise have not been offered contracts.

Latest posts