What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Simpson Get Out Clause Activated

Angry_eel

First Grade
<UPtheEELS> said:
Hagan hasnt enticed anyone to his club has he?
As said previously he hasn't had the need. I mean even in their 13 match losing streak they had potentially good juniors coming through. They don't have to share a territory of Newcastle + Hunter valley + the small country towns up the coast with anyone.

parra pete

Referee
Reading between the lines...and keeping my ear to the ground..(and I have heard nothing to even suggest it) Steve Simpson and Todd Lowry will be major signings for the Eels. Just an EDUCATED GUESS...and so will Joe Williams

Phillips

Referee
i'd be happy with Simpson & Lowrie

wouldnt complain if Hagan brought Seage over with him aswell

stuke

Bench
Angry_eel said:
As said previously he hasn't had the need. I mean even in their 13 match losing streak they had potentially good juniors coming through. They don't have to share a territory of Newcastle + Hunter valley + the small country towns up the coast with anyone.

during the reign of Hagan at the Knights the juniors that have come through the club have been pretty poor, while the decent ones he has allowed to be enticed by other clubs. you would think with the size of their drawing area the Knights should be leading the way in junior development.

i can also add that Hagan has been like an invisible man with the juniors within the club. i know of some players involved in their system who have seen him once or twice throughout the season.

remember why they have signed B. Smith...with the imminent retirement of Joey they are finally realising the need to develop their junior base. something Hagan has not done in his time at the club.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
joe williams hey...i dunno what to make of him, if we had of signed him a year or 2 ago, it would have been a great signing as he has in pretty good form, and was touted as the saviour of the bunnies

but on current form and having been messed around by the rabbits i dont think he would be the best of signings

eloquentEEL

First Grade
BlueNGoldBlood said:
joe williams hey...i dunno what to make of him, if we had of signed him a year or 2 ago, it would have been a great signing as he has in pretty good form, and was touted as the saviour of the bunnies

but on current form and having been messed around by the rabbits i dont think he would be the best of signings

could've said the same when we signed Moimoi and McKinnon from Rabbitoh's reserve grade, but i agree with the first bit... don't know what to make of this predicition... would probably prefer to see Green get a go ahead of Joe Williams

Angry_eel

First Grade
stuke said:
during the reign of Hagan at the Knights the juniors that have come through the club have been pretty poor, while the decent ones he has allowed to be enticed by other clubs. you would think with the size of their drawing area the Knights should be leading the way in junior development.

i can also add that Hagan has been like an invisible man with the juniors within the club. i know of some players involved in their system who have seen him once or twice throughout the season.

remember why they have signed B. Smith...with the imminent retirement of Joey they are finally realising the need to develop their junior base. something Hagan has not done in his time at the club.
Actually its BECAUSE of Johns they haven't had any junior development. Simply put it, they didn't need to. So th knights are now panicking and to be honest BS would have been the best for them in regards to junior development.

eel4life

Juniors
Hagan will be good for Parra he has won a premiership so we are getting a premiership winning coach.

And before anyone says anything about the Johns Factor what about the Hindmarsh Factor with Parra, i wonder what our record is without hindy.

Every team suffers when the best player isnt in the team.

As for players, the right ones will come to parra and i hope we keep the talented youngsters that we have and by the looks of things we are.

Reddy, Hayne, B Smith, T Smith, Delaney, Inu, Williams, Tsoulos, Codobra
all have massive potential.

Put Tahu, Grothe, PJ, Hindy, Cayless, Robinson with these youngsters then you can see what type of players we need to add something to the club, hard workers and forwards that just bust their gut for the team.

If we get Simpson this will be a sign that other good quality players will come to parra, They have before remember 2004, Tahu, Morro, PJ, Robinson all came to parra I remember the pain in 2004.

parra pete

Referee
Joe Williams CAN play..He just needs more discipline in his game. I rate him. I have seen him come up through the ranks in Riverina, through to the Roosters and now with Souths...He has not fulfilled his potential..It is waiting to be tapped..He has that X factor. Just needs someone to get it out of him.
He has a good kicking game, will take the line on and can tackle...

lucablight

First Grade
parra pete said:
Joe Williams CAN play..He just needs more discipline in his game. I rate him. I have seen him come up through the ranks in Riverina, through to the Roosters and now with Souths...He has not fulfilled his potential..It is waiting to be tapped..He has that X factor. Just needs someone to get it out of him.
He has a good kicking game, will take the line on and can tackle...

I'm surprised that you can rate Joe Williams but be totally against Tim Smith when both players had very good first years and have been down on form ever since.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
eloquentEEL said:
could've said the same when we signed Moimoi and McKinnon from Rabbitoh's reserve grade, but i agree with the first bit... don't know what to make of this predicition... would probably prefer to see Green get a go ahead of Joe Williams

dont get me wrong i rate joey williams when he was in form he looked like he could have been anything, it will be very interesting if we do happen to sign him, is he worth the gamble? i think so but like you id like to see green giving a go first, if he stays that is :oops:

1eyedeel

Juniors
I've been quietly tipping Joe Williams as well. People have to remember that we have to sign backup players as well. Just because we bring a player to the club doesn't mean we expect him to be in the first 17, you have to cover your top players and I think Williams would be good cover for Timmy, assuming Jeremy Smith goes elsewhere.

These boom youngsters have a habit of making good eventually. Scott Prince was dubbed a nuffy at Brisbane, Johnathon Thurston was not rated at the Bulldogs. A change of scene, a new coaching staff can often do wonder for talented but unfulfilled potential.

Latest posts