What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Witt

the_knights_rule

First Grade
according to the knights website he is signed untill 2005. i think he has been a pretty good buy for the club. hopefully once he gets more confidence and starts playing even better

keeney

First Grade
weve had 2 great rookies, and one that shows the signs of being good blooded so far this year, weve easily had the best pre NRL signings of any club(players who had not previously playedfirst grade)

wittyz chick

Coach
the_knights_rule said:
according to the knights website he is signed untill 2005. i think he has been a pretty good buy for the club. hopefully once he gets more confidence and starts playing even better
and when you finished could parra pppllleeeaaassseee have him back. (I and a few others would like him back :D

wittyz chick

Coach
astrogirl said:
~knights~ said:
Just some info on steve.

From
http://www.nrl.com.au/news.cfm?id=8413

For a year, the Knights had been tapping on his door. Witt had a link there in Robbie O'Davis, who grew up in Toowoomba and acted as Witt's big brother.

"I should have come here a year ago," said Witt, whose godparents are O'Davis' parents. "Compared to Parramatta, it's a lot more laidback, training is different and it just suits me better.

"The Parramatta style just wasn't for me. It's pretty strict there, but here it's a new start, there's new faces, new coaches, new surroundings and it's freshened me up."

Wow, that's a great article.

I had no idea that he knew Robbie O prior to joining the Knights. I hope the Knights set up really does bring out the best in him.

I'm pretty impressed to hear that Joey had spent some extra time working with K Gids and Witt. What a star :D

www.nrl.com.au said:
"Joey's been awesome for me," says Witt. "Before he got injured, he'd ring me and Kurt (Gidley) up on our day off from training and say: 'C'mon, let's go down to the park'.

"We work on passing, kicking, footwork, just the three of us. He gives all sorts of tips, it's just so exciting to be learning from the best player in the world."

ok you read the article and probably know how they know each other but you say Steve is a good buy well you mite wanna thank Robbie O for that...during the off season Robbie O used to go back to QLD and teach Michael and Stevie a few things...and to tell you's the truth (if you dont know it yet) the knights tried to get Michael as well but Michael stayed cause he got a spot in first grade but...after 2007 please dont take Michael as well :cry: (unless we have Stevie)