What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark - Good or bad?

Humphrey

Juniors
Hes crap. Listening to his lectures to players yesterday it made it all clear - THE GAMES ALL ABOUT HIM!!!

skeepe

Immortal
Simpkins was by far the worst on the weekend.. he was the ref of Knights Manly wasn't he? By far the worst performance, close to the worst I have ever seen.

Boxer

Juniors
Clarke is ok.
You need to know who was where to form your opinions.
My recall is:
Hampstead did the Newcastle / Manly game
Hayne did Bronco's / St George Ill
Simpkins did Bulldogs / Canberra
Clarke did Melbourne / Parramatta

My picks on performance for last weekend go to
1 Hayne
2 Clarke
3 Simpkins
4 Hampstead

All refs make mistakes, it's just that some make more & worse ones than others do.
It will never be perfect, you just have to work out which ref created the least influence on the result of the game.

innsaneink

Referee
skeepe said:
Simpkins was by far the worst on the weekend.. he was the ref of Knights Manly wasn't he? By far the worst performance, close to the worst I have ever seen.

You mean Hampstead I think....Simpkins had the Saints Broncos game, Hampstead was in charge of Knights Manly

skeepe

Immortal
innsaneink said:
You mean Hampstead I think....Simpkins had the Saints Broncos game, Hampstead was in charge of Knights Manly

That's right... for some reason I thought Simpkins, but he had the previous match involving these two teams.

Hayne was pretty good, made a couple of bad calls but none as bad as Clarke and Hampstead. Simpkins... I didn't see much of Broncos vs Dragons so can't comment.

Nugby

Juniors
I hope it doesn't come across as biased but I thought that Simpkins had a blinder. I thought that his penalty against Ryles was a bit inconsistent with the time allowed in the tackle but he managed a nice controlled game with a low penalty count. I'd give full marks to the touchie who picked up Hodges no try but we got away with a few forward passes. Can't even saw I disagreed with their decision on Creagh pushing Hodhes for Wicks try.

Hayne was also fantastic. If these two aren't refereeing this weekend, i'll be disappointed.

Latest posts