What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Masters to Bunnies?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Well done to the young man for taking the opportunity. Big gamble on a 1yr contract, but hell, I'd take it too.

From what i can see from this is:
1. No opportunity at StGI
2. Probability of him being placed on a Development contract again was very high.
3. Was he told to look elswewhere given our DS is at maximum.
4. No other "centres" in our squad other than Lafai and Aitken = they aint going anywhere soon.

It will now be interesting to see who else jumps ship in the not to distant future.

denis preston

First Grade
Said it before, why invest in a "pathways program " only for a pathway to other clubs ! Lets ditch it and do what the Rorters do , invest in the top shelve juniors and put them in the Ball & JF sides.Don't hang on to them too long and replace them with other elite juniors.

Sad to see them go but I'd say Masters manager instigated this as his boy wasn't going anywhere at the Dragons. From the Dragons view point i'd say he has been told to show more effort in defense, and until he does he indeed was not going higher. Can also see the attraction of being coached by someone that would actually help them improve and be able to show them the way. Place needs a clean out.

qld redvee

Juniors
well you have to admit our pathways work a treat - if only we had a coach / staff that could truly nurture and develop talent .. Im glad we spent the dollars on young Masters and not see one red cent in return I think he got a token go in a trial if memory serves correct but its obvious he was stamped to stay in reserves . As mentioned prior with lafai / aitken in front theres little chance of change unless theres a change at the top ... Good luck to him as long as he doesnt come back to haunt us when we play souths next year

Gareth67

First Grade
The season finds new ways to bring new lows. Agree with everyone else, well done to him for avoiding McGregor. I remember the day when the pull of playing in the red v would be just too much, now I can't blame any of these blokes for leaving.

Sadly you are correct rednwhites - the Big Red V is the laughing stock of the NRL .
I never thought that I would see the day - the way the joint venture is run is disgraceful.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Until the Moron goes nothing changes watch him under Bennett, like Garrick under Hasler.[/QUOTE

On the face of it, a depth signing for Souths- difficult to see Marsters removing either Braidon Burns or James Roberts from the starting centres positions in the next few years. However, with the speculation surrounding Gagai and a possible falling out with Bennett, it may be that Souths were able to dangle the carrot of a first grade wing position as well.

Old Timer

Coach
No..

Most of those actually made it to first grade..

If Marsters does, he can join them in that boat..

Until then, he has to swim..
Sure you weren't trying to say well you forgot all these shitters who never made a successful career out of it?
That would be more like your sarcastic way of things.

BLM01

First Grade
well you have to admit our pathways work a treat - if only we had a coach / staff that could truly nurture and develop talent .. Im glad we spent the dollars on young Masters and not see one red cent in return I think he got a token go in a trial if memory serves correct but its obvious he was stamped to stay in reserves . As mentioned prior with lafai / aitken in front theres little chance of change unless theres a change at the top ... Good luck to him as long as he doesnt come back to haunt us when we play souths next year
Yes probably the young man saw the light as I assume Widdop did when he obviously asked for a release when told they were looking to extend Mary for 2 more years till the end of his contract
He thought..Na no comp here... I'm going home back to Pricey.