What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Menzies v. Nathan Hindmarsh

parra_princess

Juniors
To answer this question properly you'll have to answer it after both players have retired from the game. Hindmarsh's career is starting to hit it's peak (look out for a huge 2005 around better players than previous years) and Beaver has achieved and proven himself in his peak.

I'm concerned however that Beaver is winding down to quickly as I think 2004 was a mediocre year in comparison to the standards that he has set in previous years. Some may argue that after 11 years of first grade footy one is entitled to let somebody else be the enforcer.

And Hindmarsh. Hindy. Well he's just magical to watch and makes me so proud to be wearing an eels Jersey. His workload is outstanding i doubt there is a team in the comp that wouldn't shed half there regular first grade team to make way for him he's just that good.

I look forward to answering this question in due time.

Booyah

Bench
Johns Magic said:
What do you think it means? It means he is still a good player, but not the player he once was :roll:

And if you were to describe it in one word, what would you use?

:roll: !!!!!!!!!!!

RABK

Referee
There both great players. Menzies will have a spot in history due to his incredible tryscoring feats. Hindmarsh has plenty of time left to establish himself as one of the games finest backrowers. Menzies in his prime was an awesome player. He scored something like 22 try's in 1995. 140 odd try's is an incredible achievement by a forward. Hindmarsh is imo yet to reach his prime. I believe he'll really begin to step up at rep level over the next 2 years and become one of the games top 3 players. A 107kg 2nd rower that can make 40+ tackles, 17+ hit-ups, play 80 mins and run the 100 metres in sub 11 times is something very special.

Hurriflatch

Referee
As has been said a lot they are both diffrent styles of player.

The big difference is Hindmarsh can play the wide running extra centre style of game that made Menzies the star he was (see 2001 for Hindmarsh). but I don't think Menzies could play the workhorse role that Hindmarsh has been forced into for at least the last 3 seasons (2002-2004).

In 2005 with Morrison joining the club I'd expect to see more wide runing attack from Hindmarsh. While should equal more tries.

My Pick: Hindmarsh

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Booyah said:
CC_Eagle said:
Booyah said:
He's crap now though. :lol:

:? :?

Who else agrees?

Oh come on. You can't honestly say that he's playing as well as he once was?

He isn't as good as he was when he was playing for Australia and NSW. But he is nearly 30 and has been playing for a club that has been almost bankrupt for the past 5 years. He may not be the #1 2nd rower in the game anymore, but he's definetly not crap. If I remember a thread here recently he was the Manly player alot would want in their side.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CliffyIsGod said:
Hurriflatch said:
btw, Cliffy since you made this post are you going ot vote?

Menzies.

Done.

shall we call you Pat Malone??????? ;-)

CC no one here surely believes Menzies is shit!! those that do have no idea about rugby league talent or are just plain morons. don't take it so bloody seriously.

Pat Malone!! aka Cliffy asked the question to compare who's better and alot of people answered.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
2003 and 2004 form
id love to say the beaver
but the arsecrack man has surged ahead.

However as recent as 2002 Beavers form was awesome he carried an understrength Manly (NE) side.

Infact that year he played origin and Tests and was up there in very top of the games elite on the level just below the likes of Johns, lockie etc.

I just hope he can recapture that form this season.

As for big arse, hes got a heart same size as his arse, parra would have won the spoon last year had it not been for him.

One thing is for sure
Two Great Back rowers and two very loyal clubmen sadly for Hindy he plays for the wrong club :p

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
And further to GC's point, Menzies was Lock of the Year in 2002, so it's not like he has had a form slump over a long period of time or anything...

Booyah

Bench
Briza said:
Booyah, he is better than anything your Rabble has or has ever had.

Ken Maddison
Steve Kneen
Greg Pierce
Kurt Sorenson
Gavin Miller
Les Davidson

You were saying?

Latest posts