What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Peter Devereux Smith - Best Test Batsman Since Bradman

69-05-41

Juniors
Smith scored more runs in his first Test back than the mighty Marshtards combined scored from 11 Tests and 21 innings during the entire year Smith was out. Not sure if this is a reflection on Smith's greatness or the Marshmallows' geniusation.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Border v Smith pulling a bunch of geniuss out of trouble stakes please.

I think I'd still go for Border. Smith is probably the better batsman but Border did it with his captaincy and leadership too. Although I think his captaincy style would be completely unsuccessful and even in many ways unacceptable today, it was what we needed back then

Smith is a very ordinary captain

Dave's mate

Juniors
I think I'd still go for Border. Smith is probably the better batsman but Border did it with his captaincy and leadership too. Although I think his captaincy style would be completely unsuccessful and even in many ways unacceptable today, it was what we needed back then

Nope Smith is well ahead. Just amazing

Fangs

Coach

Ordinary? I think the ball-tampering fiasco shows he was never captaincy material. Our team played like a bunch of children under Smith.

Though I do expect now the captaincy will return to him, as soon as his ban is up. Australian's love runs. Most runs is the captain.

DC_fan

Coach
I am not sure any batsman will ever be considered better then Bradman, but Smith is the closest to being so.