What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Waugh - Best ever

Anonymous

Juniors
I think it is way too hard to go comparing eras.

But no-one will disagree in saying that Lara, Waugh & Tendulker where the three premier batsman of the 90's

PB

Bench
Someone touched on it before and i think it is an element that cant be over looked... Uncovered pitches! Some of the dog tracks that Bradman batted on and still managed to fight out a good, if not amazing score, boggles the mind. I can also only imagine that the peice of wood that Bradman used to bat with didnt have quite the same tehcnincal work put into it when desingned as the modern day bats.

I was not a fan of Steve Waugh for a very long time, but in the mid/late 90's, around 96-97 i really changed and admire noone more today than him. Without doubt he is the best leader any of our national teams have had in any sport over the last 30 years and probably then some.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Bradman was an absolute prick. He was a selfish bastard, a tight-arse, was despised by a lot of his team-mates & is a noted religious bigot.

But we all over-look that because he has a test average of 99.94

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Bradman was an absolute prick. He was a selfish bastard, a tight-arse, was despised by a lot of his team-mates & is a noted religious bigot.

But we all over-look that because he has a test average of 99.94

Cheers,
Ben S.

Yeah. You know the more you here about Bradman, the more it seems that he was an absolute bugger of a bloke, and that everyone loves him because of his accomplishments.

syphon

Juniors
whats the big deal about unovered pitches. they do not play as badly as everybody makes out. i've played on many grounds where they dont have covers and the only bugger is it can pop a bit early on. an hour or two in the sun and uncovered pitches turn out to be bloody roads, even if it rained the night before, because the pith is allowed to breath. a lot of covered pitches play worse coz it's a greenhouse under the thing.

broncos2008

Juniors
Never been a big fan of steve waugh. It's always baffled me how he's been able to score runs. I've grown to admire his grit and determination, but i think he's overrated as a captain tactically. My senile grandmother could captain australia and still win becuase there are so many champions in the team. I think tactically steven flemming is a far superior captain to waugh as he showed during the last series in australia. i think lara during his hey day was probably the better than waugh,tendulkar but once that british lingerie model came along his cricket for some reason went downhill.

Latest posts