What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sth Africa V. Australia, 5th ODI

wildmooka

Juniors
El Diablo said:
pitched on leg

If we go on the strike zone that they have on their replays, it shows that the majority of the ball was outside the strike zone, thus giving the umpire a valid excuse to give the batsman not out (although I don't really beleive that was his initial thinking he just made a f**k up, cos in normal motion I too was giving Lara the send off). I'm just stating that if the technicalities of the game are brought in to it, and that decision been referred to the 3rd umpire, I dont possibly see how it could be given out when the majority of the ball was pitched outside the line of the leg stump.

In hindsight, it was a great decision. Australia won the test match, Warnie got 6 in the second dig, and we were treated to one of the finest batting displays ever by one the few great geniuses of the game.:D

lockyno1

Post Whore
wildmooka said:
You mean the ball that pitched outside the leg stump to Brian Lara in Adelaide dont you?

No it was the one he knicked and it was in Tassie (I admit I thought it was Adelaide). Selective walker!

Iafeta

Referee
Its funny the discussion on LBW decisions, they were just showing highlights of that test v England which you held on to draw last year - Brett Lee was categorically dead in front of middle stump half way up, but got given not out. Australia hung on by one wicket.

Goes both ways. Lee must be a selective walker.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Its funny the discussion on LBW decisions, they were just showing highlights of that test v England which you held on to draw last year - Brett Lee was categorically dead in front of middle stump half way up, but got given not out. Australia hung on by one wicket.

Goes both ways. Lee must be a selective walker.

Same test that Flintoff was dead plumb as well!

Iafeta

Referee
Speaking of mongs, Lockky, I'm sure they missed Nathan Hauritz's flight and guile out there...

*The South Africans that is*

Could have been 500

Latest posts