What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky and Hayne

Where does Sticky start Hayne since he supposedly he is the best 5/8 in the comp?

• Total voters

Grail

Juniors
So, assuming that it is correct that Sticky will be coaching us from next year on, where will he start Hayne?

Eels Dude

Coach
Fullback. And with Stuart's mind-games he'll probably demand the NSW coach to select him at fullback too.

Grail

Juniors
Because of Stuart's insistence over the last two years that 5/8 was his best position and that he doesn't play a proper fullback role and doesn't run the right lines.

Effectively, will he now be putting his money where his mouth is, or conveniently forgetting his past comments?

kelly has showed enough to stay at 6, keep hayne at 1 and with paulo at lock you have plenty of attacking options so if we just defend like we did tonight we'll be a force.

Chipmunk

Coach
He will play him at full-back because thats where he is best suited in this particular Parra team at this particular time. I think Hoppa will play Centre next year, but end up at full-back the year after and Hayne at 6. I think Hoppa will need a year back in the game (maybe a year and a half) before we see him at his best.

Gronk

Staff member
He will play him at full-back because thats where he is best suited in this particular Parra team at this particular time. I think Hoppa will play Centre next year, but end up at full-back the year after and Hayne at 6. I think Hoppa will need a year back in the game (maybe a year and a half) before we see him at his best.

Hoppa's back in 2014 matey.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Coaching a state side when who can pick who ever you want is different to an nrl side where you need to balance your squad out because of the cap. Basically it will come down to if we have a player who can play 5/8 other then hayne who will add more to the side the a player other then hayne who would plAy fullback . Eg is the side stronger with hayne at fullback and Kelly at 5/8 then hayne at 5/8 and mullany at fullback. I just hope stuart isn't stubborn and is flexible with his thinking

Chipmunk

Coach
Coaching a state side when who can pick who ever you want is different to an nrl side where you need to balance your squad out because of the cap. Basically it will come down to if we have a player who can play 5/8 other then hayne who will add more to the side the a player other then hayne who would plAy fullback . Eg is the side stronger with hayne at fullback and Kelly at 5/8 then hayne at 5/8 and mullany at fullback. I just hope stuart isn't stubborn and is flexible with his thinking

Im dont think we can ever have Sandow at 7 and Hayne at 6. I think we need a steadying influence in the 6 who can at least organise a few things. From what I saw the last few weeks before tonight Luke Kelly I think will go pretty well in the 6 next year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Im dont think we can ever have Sandow at 7 and Hayne at 6. I think we need a steadying influence in the 6 who can at least organise a few things. From what I saw the last few weeks before tonight Luke Kelly I think will go pretty well in the 6 next year.

I agree 1. Hayne 6. Kelly 7. Sandow has the potential to be as good as any other combo in the comp in addition to having a real x factor about it ( sandow and hayne can be brilliant). Anyhow that would my combo

Latest posts