What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky in 2011

super_coach

First Grade
Just read Danny W column in the Sunday paper, a small bit on Stuart been keen to take over from Sheens in 2011.

Although the chances of Danny boy writing a creditable story is very slim I get nightmares of the thought of Sticky in charge of the tigers. Its either a beat up to get Sticky a better deal at the Sharks or a beat up to get Tom Shines a new contract at the tigers before even the season starts. (takes all the pressure off when he brings us home 9th past the post)

Its a horrible thought, give me Tom no9 Shines anyday over the little angry man

King Tigerman

Juniors
Just read Danny W column in the Sunday paper, a small bit on Stuart been keen to take over from Sheens in 2011.

Although the chances of Danny boy writing a creditable story is very slim I get nightmares of the thought of Sticky in charge of the tigers. Its either a beat up to get Sticky a better deal at the Sharks or a beat up to get Tom Shines a new contract at the tigers before even the season starts. (takes all the pressure off when he brings us home 9th past the post)

Its a horrible thought, give me Tom no9 Shines anyday over the little angry man

if we do get a new coach in 2011 i have a feeling it will be nathan brown , also how long left is stuarts contract @ cronulla the sharks arent in a position to pay out a coach
also on sheens he shouldnt get a new deal just for the sake of it a decision shouldnt be made until at least mid season

westie

Bench
I reckon Ricky would work for us. He coaches a system to give exceptional play makers the room to play. I.e himself or Freddy. We've Benji, Farah and Taumata. He's struggled recently because his halves weren't good enough. He should have realised that before, I hope he has now.

Tiger_Tomato

Juniors
I would prefer Stephen Kearney. Has had a good apprenticeship down in Melbourne and i think maybe with the kiwi coach coming benji may stay on too.

Talanexor

Juniors
I reckon Ricky would work for us. He coaches a system to give exceptional play makers the room to play. I.e himself or Freddy. We've Benji, Farah and Taumata. He's struggled recently because his halves weren't good enough. He should have realised that before, I hope he has now.

Stuart has destroyed every halfback he's ever coached. Kimmorley is the best NSW half going around, has been since Joey retired - but at the Sharks, all Stuart would let him do is bomb to the wing on the 5th.

Your defence would improve, but your attack would be stifled to the point nobody would want to watch the Tigers play. You don't need or want Stuart at your club.

Give either Moltzen or Taumata a decent crack at the 7 jersey and sign another prop, and you'll be well on your way to a top 4 finish.

westie

Bench
Didn't destroy Fittler. Picked up a nice trophy actually.

Stuart justified Kimmorley's failings and to be honest I now agree with him. With Kimmorley he got the Sharks to an equal first finish. They struggled in the semis but, as Stuart pointed out when the Dogs "should have" come first and did nothing in the semis, he just didn't have the x-factor when it came to the crunch.

Barrett is a bit the same. Very good player, Origin quality even... but not really a premiership winner.

Benji, Farah and Taumata have all that class. I'm not sure I'd want him at the club, he seems too one dimensional, some one like Brown would be better. But I think he is capable of keeping us in the top 4 and jagging a premiership and WCC.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
My wish list would be Kearney or Matt Johns.

I think Browny has learnt a bit overseas and wouldn't have the "friendship" factor that stuffed him at St's.

He would be my distant third choice.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd personally like to see Folkes or Brown as the coach. imo no other coach except Bennett has the ability to make this side progress to the levels they should be at.

Fordy20

Juniors
There is a succession plan in place. Either Sheens gets us into the finals this year or next year Folkes is head coach.

As for Sticky, well the Tigers seemed to linked to anyone and everyone these days. We were linked with Burgess before he signed with Souths, there's Tuqiri, Gallen, Mason... it won't be long before we're linked to Thurston given his contact negotiations are underway at the moment.

Borat.

Juniors
If we sign Sticky as head coach that is the end of us-

FFS look how he left the rorters- look at the sharks- ...how does this guy still get a gig

gurstar

Juniors
If we sign Sticky as head coach that is the end of us-

FFS look how he left the rorters- look at the sharks- ...how does this guy still get a gig

I agree borat . he hasnt done anything since hes been a first grade coach graham murry built the side when the roosters won the comp with ricky there,

westie

Bench
And Ricky gave them the attitude. You can't tell me they'd have ripped in after Fittler went down if tea-party Murray was in charge.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Me likes the combination of Stephen Kearney in charge of a young and exciting team. I am telling you, if we don't grab him someone else will and we'll be hanging with out ho ho's in the breeze.

westie

Bench
McGuire was the one we should have poached. I'm not really a Kearney fan. Imagine even, had Bellamy accepted our approach and not Sheens.

Latest posts