What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky is gone!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Don't worry Iafeta. Its obvious Rabbitohs2005 is some US Hollywood dickhead who only 'follows' league because his idol Rusty Crowe is deeply involved with the Bunnies.

why is it players contracts are binding but coaches contracts seem to be torn up at will.....haha the rabbitohs - no comment needed, the same club who sacked coleman cos the rabbitohos conceeded like 120 points in 3 trials and put the defensive coach in charge lol

how is bellamy the best coach on earth? cos melbourne are on top?

when will i read a thread in here that says "POLITIS SACKED/RESIGNS" that guy is a prick whos f**king our club who demands too much

and f**k both andersons, said it before, daniel or chris take over my supporting the roosters is on hiatuous till theyre gone

adamkungl

Immortal
Daniel Anderson has proven himself to be able to get a team from nowhere to success. If he is picked I wouldn't be to worried, at least no more than I am now. Sad to see Stuart go, but I think when a coach is failing to get results two years in a row, something needs to change, or you end up in a situation like Parra (sacking Smith was the best decision they ever made) or Sharks. Not to say its all the coaches fault, this year has been plagued by injuries, and simple things like ball handling, which has often been abysmal, can not be the coach's fault.

"the roosters, need chris anderson imo, only decent free-agent coach out there"

Are you kidding. This is the bloke who took Sharks from Minor Premiers to 12th or so in the space of 2 years, sacking players like Preston Campbell and replacing them with dropkicks like Kimmorley. It is his fault the Sharks are no longer any sort of threat and the effects of his coaching are still seen today. Chris Anderson is a no-talent moron, I hold him in the same regard as Kimmorley.

2002 - premiers - no way the form team of the year
2003 - runners up - penrith form team over us
2004 - runners up - equal with bulldogs as form team
2005 - missed semis by 2 points, remembering atleast 3 times the ref cost us games, the one with manly where we were called for a forward pass that went 5 meters backwards to deny us a try
2006 - second last

we had eric grother junior twiddling his thumbs in 03 with todd byrne the slowest winger in history getting gunned down by granddad sattler, we've also lost a sh*t load of players, not many survivours from those team, youngest squad in NRL, its all a learning curve for the boys

in theory, we've had one poor season, this, last year wasnt tragic like everyone makes out, just up and down, so lets say we've had one and a half bad years v 3 good years, the maths dont add, 1.5 isnt stronger than 3

im not sure if i misunderstood but i thought i just herd on raido flannagan been sacked too, true?

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Choppies said:
I thought change was needed but I was of 2 minds about it. On the one hand I wanted him to stay but the other hand was I think we need a change.

What a poor poor effort by the Roosters in two days politis has destroyed the club. The roosters was a club that no one wanted to play for unless they got paid way over. Ricky turned the roosters into a club that could choose who "they" wanted. He won us a premiership, he turned us into the most feared club in the league. He changed the way the game was played after 2002, other clubs began to play roosters style football in 2003.
You cant be at the top every year and cant win everygame, he loved our club and the club threw him away like a used tissue.

Always a kind word and good thoughts for you Ricky no matter what club you sign with.

Why exactly was anderson was sacked ??? use your brain

kitanis had a decent record in his very short first grade coaching position at souths

bringing the bunnies crap coaches into play is stupid, souths just returned from being kicked out in 2002, they re-signed coleman, he wasnt overly that bad when coaching them in 1999, but was terrible, souths management rushed their decision for another coach, langmack pretty much put his hand up, and souths accepted, than along came kitanis, who was just a automatic pick coming from being assistant coach, we would of been better off, to keep kitanis as head coach, and not sign bomber at all, kitanis has been our best coach for a long time

however JT next year, will definately change that

back to daniel anderson, he is exactly like ricky stuart, in my opinion.. doesnt have the coaching talent to coach a nrl club and an international club at the same time

if he coached either of them individually then he would be very good

btw, coaches dont have the final say, whether players come or leave clubs, the player himself has a major say in the matter, and the rest is done by a recruitment manager, and the CEO of the club, would have a bigger say in the matter than the coach

Kimmorley, would of been a major signing for any club, knowing his career best form with melbourne, so you cant blame anyone for that signing either

i

Rotten Rooster said:
What a poor poor effort by the Roosters in two days politis has destroyed the club. The roosters was a club that no one wanted to play for unless they got paid way over. Ricky turned the roosters into a club that could choose who "they" wanted. He won us a premiership, he turned us into the most feared club in the league. He changed the way the game was played after 2002, other clubs began to play roosters style football in 2003.
You cant be at the top every year and cant win everygame, he loved our club and the club threw him away like a used tissue.

Always a kind word and good thoughts for you Ricky no matter what club you sign with.

pat on the back mate well said

becos of ricky stuart and his attitude and his committment he is the reason why we are the most hated club in the comp - cos we f**ked everyones arse in 03 and 04

we were always a close but no cigar club, and before that a replica of souths sydney

did anyone check his record in the paper?a coach of that record doesnt get sacked, a coach like mcrae's record should, how ironic

adamkungl

Immortal
I know its harsh, but what else would you suggest. I couldn't see anything different between this year and next year, so something had to change. A new coach might bring some new ideas and get us back on track. Ricky Stuart was a top coach, but all good things must come to an end, as unfortunately we've seen the last 2 years. On the other hand, i think sacking the assistant coach is a bit over the top, might have taken it a little too far.