What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky names junior Blues squad

Gronk

Staff member
NSW coach Ricky Stuart has taken his first step towards turning State of Origin fortunes around by naming a "Blues in waiting" squad.
The three day camp taking place in late January will feature a mix of NRL and Toyota Cup players Stuart believes could feature in future Origin teams.

---8<---

The camp will take place at Homebush from January 21-23.

Squad: Aiden Tolman, Jamal Idris, Josh Jackson, Kris Keating, Trent Hodkinson, Aidan Sezer, Josh Morris (Bulldogs), Blake Ferguson, Josh Dugan, Jarrod Croker, Josh McCrone, Joel Thompson, Alan Tongue, Drury Low (Raiders), Tariq Sims (Cowboys), Matt Prior, Jamie Soward, Cameron King (Dragons), Tim Mannah, Joel Reddy (Eels), Cory Paterson, Jarrod Mullen, Akuila Uate (Knights), Tony Williams, Will Hopoate (Sea Eagles), Tim Grant, Lachlan Coote (Panthers), Mitch Aubusson, Boyd Cordner, Kane Linnett, Joseph Leilua (Roosters), Luke Douglas, Kade Snowden, Albert Kelly, Stewart Mills, Nathan Gardner (Sharks), Dylan Farrell, Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs), Mitch Johnson, Dane Chisholm, Beau Champion (Storm), Ryan James, Mark Minichiello, Kevin Gordon (Titans), Keith Galloway, Andrew Fifita, Aaron Woods, Simon Dwyer, Chris Heighington, Tim Moltzen, Blake Ayshford (Tigers).
http://www.nrl.com/NewsViews/LatestNews/NewsArticle/tabid/10874/newsId/61094/Default.aspx

Parra Guru

Coach
Will Albert even play first grade?? :lol:

And at 28/29 I think Merritt and Minichiello are a bit old and have probably already peaked.

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like Sticky struggled to find another player after Tim Mannah. Sad that we don't have a player recognised as an "up and commer".

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I just think that this is Sticky trying to justify his job, albeit poorly.

aqua_duck

Coach
Useless PR stunt, I'd say a dozen of those guys will never make it, and another dozen are a good 5-6 years off

Parra Guru

Coach
I think I'll put in bold the guys I think should play within the next 2-3 years. Interesting to see Mick Gordon isn't there.

Squad: Aiden Tolman, Jamal Idris, Josh Jackson, Kris Keating, Trent Hodkinson, Aidan Sezer, Josh Morris (Bulldogs), Blake Ferguson, Josh Dugan, Jarrod Croker, Josh McCrone, Joel Thompson, Alan Tongue, Drury Low (Raiders), Tariq Sims (Cowboys), Matt Prior, Jamie Soward, Cameron King (Dragons), Tim Mannah, Joel Reddy (Eels), Cory Paterson, Jarrod Mullen, Akuila Uate (Knights), Tony Williams, Will Hopoate (Sea Eagles), Tim Grant, Lachlan Coote (Panthers), Mitch Aubusson, Boyd Cordner, Kane Linnett, Joseph Leilua (Roosters), Luke Douglas, Kade Snowden, Albert Kelly, Stewart Mills, Nathan Gardner (Sharks), Dylan Farrell, Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs), Mitch Johnson, Dane Chisholm, Beau Champion (Storm), Ryan James, Mark Minichiello, Kevin Gordon (Titans), Keith Galloway, Andrew Fifita, Aaron Woods, Simon Dwyer, Chris Heighington, Tim Moltzen, Blake Ayshford (Tigers).

For the educated ones out there - how good is Mitch Johnson? If he is good enough for a "in waiting" team, why did we let him go to the Storm after 3 years?

Parra Guru

Coach
For the educated ones out there - how good is Mitch Johnson? If he is good enough for a "in waiting" team, why did we let him go to the Storm after 3 years?

Haven't you heard the song?

he bowls to the left........ he bowls to the riiiiiiiight

That man Mitchell Johnson.... his bowling is sh*te!!

Sorry that f**kin thing has been in my head since I sat through the onslaught on day 3 of the Sydney Test!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Haven't you heard the song?

he bowls to the left........ he bowls to the riiiiiiiight

That man Mitchell Johnson.... his bowling is sh*te!!

Sorry that f**kin thing has been in my head since I sat through the onslaught on day 3 of the Sydney Test!
:lol: That was gold.