What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky names junior Blues squad

born an eel

Bench
If the players want to play and/or be part of these types of games/camps etc then it matters sweet f**k all what anyone elses opinion is.
players have no choice if they want to represent they have to make themselves available, what you should have said was
"If the sticky wants to play and/or be part of these types of games/camps etc then it matters sweet f**k all what anyone elses opinion is"

Hellsy

Immortal
And if they want to play why shouldn't they make themselves available if that is what the coach wants?????? If my boss gave me an opportunity to go away on a 3 day junket with people in the same job as me striving to get into something higher I'd bloody well take it.
Did QLD not do the same thing a few years ago? Gee it didn't hurt them did it?? :roll:

I bet if you spoke to the country/city players that they are extremely happy to be part of the team and would not want the game scrapped at all. Luke Burt was one of the proudest individuals playing for country last year, for a guy that has been overlooked for years and years on rep squads this was one of the biggest moments in his career. It seems to be on some of the gen public that think this game is a waste of time, the players sure don't.

If the players are happy I am happy

born an eel

Bench
And if they want to play why shouldn't they make themselves available if that is what the coach wants?????? If my boss gave me an opportunity to go away on a 3 day junket with people in the same job as me striving to get into something higher I'd bloody well take it.
Did QLD not do the same thing a few years ago? Gee it didn't hurt them did it?? :roll:
as you have said, it's a junket, it really has no benefit for the future selections of SoO.
If you think QLD success was born from a 3 day junket, maybe you should coach the eels, take them away for a weekend and we will have unlimited success. :sarcasm:

I'm sure most players would enjoy have a relaxing catch up at this time of year when coaches are getting them ready for a hard season ahead by flogging them on the training paddock. These players first responsibility is to their clubs, who pay their wages, while 1 coach may want it I'm sure there are 16 other coaches who would prefer to keep their players to their pre-season routine.

Hellsy

Immortal
Did I say I think all of QLD's success came from a 3 day junket? No. What I said was it didn't hurt them.
Unless you are a 1st grade coach then your opinion of what they think of this camp is just that. Some may agree and some may not, I won't pretend to know. But if they have isues with it they have to speak out or put up with it.
If you want to talk about disruption... then lets talk about our entire squad going up to Brisbane this week. Now I have absolutely no issues with it, I think it is wonderful that they have put their hands up and support them 110%... but if you are concerned about a 3 day camp being a disruption... in any case the camp falls over a Fri/Sat/Sun at the end of this week of them being in Brisbane.
Disruption? In my opinion this whole week is a disruption, and I have no qualms about it at all.

Latest posts