What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stone wants players to put rep snubs out of mind

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Maddog plays when he wants to play simple as that. The Mrs and I joke every week if his playing that the weather must be nice, or if its cold that it must have been because a cold westerly breeze was due.... Always quite amusing.

Anything less then 2 star signings and 2-3 extra solid first graders and our management is a complete failure......

Macdougall broke and dislocated his thumb. He then played another 35 minutes with the injury and it was still displaced well after the game. I'd call that a pretty serious injury that will take time to heal, particularly at 35 years of age.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
And when you consider the value for money? What is the point of having Doogs on the books?

Same with Simmo. Now im not saying they are bad players or they can't handle NRL at the moment, but is the value there? They have served knights well, but hey this is a business now.

The same thing was said about Kennedy and Tahu before they left. They went on to play the large majority of the possible games at their new clubs.

Hindsight really is a wonderful thing....

Spot On

Coach
I can understand Patto being a little disappointed - he doesn't get a look in at city/country level but Sua gets a run in a test match?????

Stranger

Coach
The same thing was said about Kennedy and Tahu before they left. They went on to play the large majority of the possible games at their new clubs.

Hindsight really is a wonderful thing....

I don't remember the Kennedy thing. TBH, i remember questioning whether Rino could live upto BK's boots. I may be wrong because it was about 5 years ago now... 5 long... long years.

Tahu on the other hand was still very much young when he was still here. Simmo and Doogs are definately not in the young basket. As i recall Tahu left chasing the $$ and unhappy we wouldn't play him in the centre position.

Also, there is no hindshight in making an assumption that Simmo and Doogs are bound to miss a part of the season. With their age, their bodies and the history of injuries... its going to happen.

macavity

Referee
Yosh and Serc gave the boys a pep talk at training this week
129157543070178916.gif

source: NBN news

Serc

First Grade
hmm...I am special, but Yosh is at least twice as special as me...how dare you put the two of us in the same sentence!

PS: I don't get it either lol

I don't remember the Kennedy thing. TBH, i remember questioning whether Rino could live upto BK's boots. I may be wrong because it was about 5 years ago now... 5 long... long years.

Tahu on the other hand was still very much young when he was still here. Simmo and Doogs are definately not in the young basket. As i recall Tahu left chasing the $$ and unhappy we wouldn't play him in the centre position.

Also, there is no hindshight in making an assumption that Simmo and Doogs are bound to miss a part of the season. With their age, their bodies and the history of injuries... its going to happen.

RE Tahu wasnt it Carmont who was keeping him out of the Centres at the time or was that a little after?

Serc

First Grade
Carmont started for us early in 04, Hughes played into 05 for us, and Matt Gidley played until the end of 06.