What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop jumping to conclusions...its only 200K.

melon....

Coach
Everyone seems to have fallen for the NEws Ltd. bait and gone the throat of Easts again, based on idiotic assumption. The latest radio reports, have the Roosters request a modest 200K rise.

Where the hell do you inbreds get "abolish the cap" from that?

melon....

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
The reaction wouldn't have anything to do with Easts threat to take it to court a while back would it?
You mean legally challenging a restraint of trade and highlighting the fact the NRL are acting unethically and illegally? No...not at all.

DJ1

Juniors
melon.... said:
Everyone seems to have fallen for the NEws Ltd. bait and gone the throat of Easts again, based on idiotic assumption. The latest radio reports, have the Roosters request a modest 200K rise.

Where the hell do you inbreds get "abolish the cap" from that?

You could get 4 Chris Walkers for that.

As the Roosters seem to be able to get their players for much less than other clubs, maybe the NRL should look at a Non-Rooster concession for all the other clubs of around $500K.

Kiwi

First Grade
Show us where someone has said the ROOSTERS said abolish the cap? RC said the cap should be abolished and has had responses, but from what I've read so far people know it's "only" 200,000 for now.

melon....

Coach
Kiwi said:
Show us where someone has said the ROOSTERS said abolish the cap? RC said the cap should be abolished and has had responses, but from what I've read so far people know it's "only" 200,000 for now.
Im not going to troll the boards Kiwi, but Im sur eif you do, you'll find the asumption backed up by comment that we want the cap abolished. I dont mean RC's stirring. I mean people genuinely believeing that is teh Easts agenda.

How the f**k did you afford Thorne?

melon.... said:
The reaction wouldn't have anything to do with Easts threat to take it to court a while back would it?
You mean legally challenging a restraint of trade and highlighting the fact the NRL are acting unethically and illegally? No...not at all.

Yeah, that's the one. The one where one club was going to try and put itself above the game.

Why didn't they take it to court?

DJ1

Juniors
They didn't take it to court because the NRL,

Quietly made the secondary cap "Unlimited"

then

Raised the cap by $50K

Kiwi

First Grade
melon.... said:
Kiwi said:
Im not going to troll the boards Kiwi, but Im sur eif you do, you'll find the asumption backed up by comment that we want the cap abolished. I dont mean RC's stirring. I mean people genuinely believeing that is teh Easts agenda.

How the f**k did you afford Thorne?

Firstly there may be people who believe the Roosters want the cap gone, but you are talking about the current topic, the 200,000 they want for themselves, not posts a few weeks ago that have nothing to do with the current topic. All the topics to do with that are on the first page at the top pretty much and I'm yet to read where anyone has labelled the Roosters as wanting the cap gone completely other than responses to RC's stirring in those topics. You are the one jumping the gun here. And why should I prove your point? You tell us we have to show proof whenever we're talking about the Roosters, not you having to find it yourself, so why should I have to do your dirty work, do your own or have you got nothing?

And on Thorn, lets see Frawley, Devere, Tony ( early on ) and probably Tallis aswell all leaving. Kinda frees up some money.

jirskyr

Juniors
Oh God you Roosters fans, stop trying to justify stupid ideas from your club.

Just agree that its a bad idea and move on.

Of course scrapping the salary cap is only my opinion, It has nothing to do with the Roosters club and what they want. One thing though, I'm not stirring, I genuinely want the salary cap to go.

melon....

Coach
melon.... said:

Yeah, that's the one. The one where one club was going to try and put itself above the game.

Why didn't they take it to court?

As opposed to putting itself above the law?

brenno

Juniors
Please explain to us Melon how the salary cap(if that's what your referring to) is a restraint of trade? Please indulge us with your detailed knowledge of legal issues surrounding the game citing relevant statutes, case authorities and analogies. Keeping in my mind most of the people who visit these forums are not part of the legal profession.
I'm just interested to hear your expert analysis?

groggo

Juniors
we only just got to 3.25mill next year I say no rise and chooks release the premier league guys so they can get a run in first grade ya buggers :thumnn

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
If Roosters get the raise, everyone else should.

Should Canberra ask the NRL for a rise, because it's harder to bring people to come and play for the Raiders cause of being in an another city. Coming to play to Canberra is like starting a new life, new house, new friends, new people around you? I say Canberra should be given concessions to for the salary cap to be able to give players more money to come to the ACT.

melon....

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:
If Roosters get the raise, everyone else should.

Should Canberra ask the NRL for a rise, because it's harder to bring people to come and play for the Raiders cause of being in an another city. Coming to play to Canberra is like starting a new life, new house, new friends, new people around you? I say Canberra should be given concessions to for the salary cap to be able to give players more money to come to the ACT.
But I keep hearing Canberra have "All those juniors". Why do you need to attract players from outside Canberra? Becaue everyone does it (refer to Melon's Forum 7s article).

Dont tell me some dim bulb here actually thinks the rise is for Easts only???!! LOL.

Its for ALL NRL CLUBS...and It will happen, with most club's blessings.

brenno

Juniors
melon.... said:
But I keep hearing Canberra have "All those juniors". Why do you need to attract players from outside Canberra? Becaue everyone does it (refer to Melon's Forum 7s article).

Dont tell me some dim bulb here actually thinks the rise is for Easts only???!! LOL.

Its for ALL NRL CLUBS...and It will happen, with most club's blessings.

That's the biggest load of crap i've heard. The roosters always act out of self-interest and couldn't give a stuff about the state of the game. Read the article, their whole argument is based on the costs of living in the eastern suburbs. How would that argument be relevant to increase the cap overall by 200k for clubs like penrith or even the cowboys? THEY WANT CONCESSIONS. That's their ultimate goal. This defence to say that oh it will be an increase for all clubs is absolute bs. The Roosters have always and will continue to operate out of self-interest until they become the man-united of rugby league.

ROOSTERS= CANCERS OF MODERN RUGBY LEAGUE

Raider Ultra

Bench
Banning an athlete for testing positive to drugs is also restraining trade, do you think anyone cares? Stick that argument up your clacker.

Surely

Post Whore
The salary cap is a joke anyway .. far as I'm concerned players should be on an award based system anyway ..

Who the hell can justify paying a football player 500,000 a year ... it's a sick frigging joke ..

Could the world get by without football players .... sure it could

How about policemen, Teachers, Firemen .... no way !!

Latest posts