What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop jumping to conclusions...its only 200K.

jed

First Grade
I fully support the raise for living in the Eastern suburbs. I mean, it's just so expensive buying silver polish for your spoon all the time. And the premiums for insuring your Mercedes are just through the roof!

But why stop there? If it costs so much to live in the Eastern suburbs, surely to live in the Western suburbs would be cheaper, so let's penalise clubs like Parramatta and Penrith for living in the slums.

:roll:

Lang Park

Juniors
melon.... said:
Raiders 2004 said:
If Roosters get the raise, everyone else should.

Should Canberra ask the NRL for a rise, because it's harder to bring people to come and play for the Raiders cause of being in an another city. Coming to play to Canberra is like starting a new life, new house, new friends, new people around you? I say Canberra should be given concessions to for the salary cap to be able to give players more money to come to the ACT.
But I keep hearing Canberra have "All those juniors". Why do you need to attract players from outside Canberra? Becaue everyone does it (refer to Melon's Forum 7s article).

Dont tell me some dim bulb here actually thinks the rise is for Easts only???!! LOL.

Its for ALL NRL CLUBS...and It will happen, with most club's blessings.

:lol: :lol: :lol: total BS melon,better you pay more attention to what your club is saying

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10561869-23209,00.html

Canavan believes that all clubs being on the same $3.25 million salary cap ($3.3m next year) provided an "unequal playing field".

Raiders 2004 said:

Should Canberra ask the NRL for a rise, because it's harder to bring people to come and play for the Raiders cause of being in an another city. Coming to play to Canberra is like starting a new life, new house, new friends, new people around you? I say Canberra should be given concessions to for the salary cap to be able to give players more money to come to the ACT.

The exact argument can be said for North Queensland, Brisbane, Auckland, and Melbourne, especially Melbourne, being a city with little background on league, which apparently is one of the reasons why Reynoldson left.

Surely

Post Whore
Actually an award based system would work well ... base of say 50k PA then increases per year, so if you are good enough to stay in first grade for several years you'll earn more, then bonus payments for rep selections.

Then the players may actually play for the area they grew up in ... although it would spell the end for the roosters ... any of their youngsters would be playing Polo and sipping latte's !

Paullyboy

Coach
melon.... said:
Raiders 2004 said:

But I keep hearing Canberra have "All those juniors". Why do you need to attract players from outside Canberra? Becaue everyone does it (refer to Melon's Forum 7s article).

Maybe if you thought for a second instead of blindly following everything your roosters leaders tell you (it must be strange not having your own will, you guys dont call your CEO Hitler by any chance do you?) you would realise that everytime we develop someone - a team without a salary cap or juniors just takes them - hmmmm who could I possibly be referring to?

Obviously you'll have to wait to hear what the Roosters say before you have any form of opinion, so we'll just wait patiently for their next press release before we hear from you

brenno

Juniors
It's not just the raiders but a host of clubs i.e. parra, penrith, dragons that the rorters continue to poach quality juniors from and stock them to stock up in their flegg & PL teams :roll: :roll: Their trying every dirty tactic possible in order to satisfy their own interests. Next we shall hear their media puppet Phil Gould come out with the same redundant argument that the salary cap "punishes success". Their supporters just don't get it. Their not hated for their success on the field. Their hated/loathed for their attitude (where bigger than the game) and measures they try to employ to promote a lobsided competition.

SaintArsenal

Juniors
The only way you could get rid of the salary cap is if you based it more like the English Premier League where the clubs own the players.

Therefore if a club wants to poach a player not only do they have to come to personal terms with the player, they also have to come to a financial agreement with the players current club.

In which case if you had a well managed club you could survive by either making money off selling your juniors to the Roosters or just outprice them like Everton are doing with Rooney!!!

I've got a feeling alot more clubs would be taking a greater interest in their juniors thats for sure!!!

SaintArsenal

Juniors
It also means that you could stick those 'contract breaking mercenaries' that don't wanna play in your fifth division for a couple of seasons to ruin there personal bargaining powers then piss them off.

Bit like what Sir Fergie did with Bosnich

melon....

Coach
Kiwi said:
melon.... said:
Kiwi said:
Show us where someone has said the ROOSTERS said abolish the cap? RC said the cap should be abolished and has had responses, but from what I've read so far people know it's "only" 200,000 for now.
Im not going to troll the boards Kiwi, but Im sur eif you do, you'll find the asumption backed up by comment that we want the cap abolished. I dont mean RC's stirring. I mean people genuinely believeing that is teh Easts agenda.

How the f**k did you afford Thorne?

Firstly there may be people who believe the Roosters want the cap gone, but you are talking about the current topic, the 200,000 they want for themselves, not posts a few weeks ago that have nothing to do with the current topic. All the topics to do with that are on the first page at the top pretty much and I'm yet to read where anyone has labelled the Roosters as wanting the cap gone completely other than responses to RC's stirring in those topics. You are the one jumping the gun here. And why should I prove your point? You tell us we have to show proof whenever we're talking about the Roosters, not you having to find it yourself, so why should I have to do your dirty work, do your own or have you got nothing?

And on Thorn, lets see Frawley, Devere, Tony ( early on ) and probably Tallis aswell all leaving. Kinda frees up some money.

You are Kidding Kiwi. Just look at every second post in this place and you'll see some imba accusing Easts of rorting. Imbeciles have Avatars and Signatures dedicated to these baseless, factless lies. And now you want me to hold your hand and show you where? Get real.
Everyone here besides Easts fans are accusing my club of cheating without proof. I see it, and you see it. I need no further explanations to your line of questioning. It doesnt warrant one.

How much is Benny giving Fat Hodgo?
Why doesnt that logic work for my club? I mean weve only bought Roberts, Firman, Monoghan and a Penrith kiddie in exchange for losing Cusack, Heggarty, Fittler, Crouch, Hodges, Philips (retired earlier this year, again), and add the eventual goodbye of Byrne and Lester.

Kiwi

First Grade
You are Kidding Kiwi. Just look at every second post in this place and you'll see some imba accusing Easts of rorting. Imbeciles have Avatars and Signatures dedicated to these baseless, factless lies. And now you want me to hold your hand and show you where? Get real.
Everyone here besides Easts fans are accusing my club of cheating without proof. I see it, and you see it. I need no further explanations to your line of questioning. It doesnt warrant one.

How much is Benny giving Fat Hodgo?
Why doesnt that logic work for my club? I mean weve only bought Roberts, Firman, Monoghan and a Penrith kiddie in exchange for losing Cusack, Heggarty, Fittler, Crouch, Hodges, Philips (retired earlier this year, again), and add the eventual goodbye of Byrne and Lester.

This'll be fun

You claimed that people were saying the roosters want the cap abolished not the 200,000 increase. Noone has said that with regards to the current 200,000 the Roosters want extra in the cap. You accused people of jumping the gun, yet no one did with regards to the 200,000.

"Everyone seems to have fallen for the NEws Ltd. bait and gone the throat of Easts again, based on idiotic assumption. The latest radio reports, have the Roosters request a modest 200K rise.

Where the hell do you inbreds get "abolish the cap" from that?"

That was your first post in this topic, clearly stating that people have in your eyes said the Roosters want the cap abolished in the talk about the 200,000 consession. Now it's rorting thats the issue aswell, peoples sigs, avatars ect? care to add anymore whinges seeing as you couldn't justify this topic?

And you seem to want everyone to hold your hand in showing proof when they make accusations against your club, yet when you make accusations against people your word is good enough or find proof to prove you arguement for you? can't have it both ways.

fat Hodgo huh, wasn't long ago he was the best centre in game, now it's fat hodgo :roll:

And finally we never used the cap as an excuse for not being able to keep a player whilst signing another. Our only two signings are 2 former players who wanted to return home, we didn't outbid other clubs for them.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Well then the Salary cap is doing its job. And Lester isn't moving on, he is staying but thats irrelevant, if the Roosters took the time to blood juniors instead of taking others they may well have no problem with the salary cap.

Chook

First Grade
It's not the amount that's the problem Melon, it's the principle of the request. Even I can't justify it!

Chook.

Paullyboy

Coach
Finally one of the Rooster fans grows a backbone and actually forms his/her own opinion instead of just nodding along with whatever they are fed by the Roosters

Iafeta

Referee
Question - hows this warranted when the likes of Brad Fittler (Glenmore Park) and Anthony Minichiello (Prestons) don't live in the Eastern Suburbs anymore? Learn to deal with it like we all have to - Sydney is a big mother f***ing place and they'll just have to learn to commute!!!!! What makes rugby league players any different? Surely travelling for their 2 hour training session our of peak hour from the western suburbs to the Chook Pen isn't that difficult, thousands upon thousands of people have to do it in peak hour day in day out.

lazza

Juniors
Parra_Eels said:
you don't see souths asking for one - they live next door to each other

The problem with the roosters as per the article is the restrictions on getting jnrs due to district lines... ie the eastern suburbs has changed and not as many ppl play league there anymore... and most go to souths.

In the scheme of things, I dont know why they are asking only for an extra 200k.. its not a lot.. may as well ask for nothing at all... it'll only get 1 player... or spread it across the remaining first grade players, its tiny.

I suppose its a sign of the club being pro-active... ie it looks like we're going to lose a lot of players soon due to the cap since our players keep getting picked for rep squads.

miccle

Bench
melon.... said:
How the f**k did you afford Thorne?

Mate you're not usually that bad, but I really have to laugh at you this time :lol:

Take Motu Tony, Michael De Vere, Craig Frawley, Ashley Alberts, Ben Czislowski, Carl Webb and Gordon Tallis (almost definite) out of the broncos.

Replace all of that with Justin Hodges and Brad Thorn... seems to me like we should have a bit more money to spare

Latest posts