What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stop the clock simpkins u idiot

maladroit

Juniors
If he Awarded a penalty instead of scrum then they had as long as they wanted after the siren to take the tap and run at the try line

ROOOOOOOBBBBBBEEEEEDDDD!!!!!!!

Fibroman

First Grade
maladroit said:
If he Awarded a penalty instead of scrum then they had as long as they wanted after the siren to take the tap and run at the try line

ROOOOOOOBBBBBBEEEEEDDDD!!!!!!!

Absolutely correct. Simpkins needs to go and get some bloody glasses. It was obvious that Minnicello knocked the ball forward, and it was picked up by a rorter in an offside position. Penalty-Cowboys try.

Anonymous

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Willow said:
Raider_69 said:
Crippler said:
wasnt it simpkins that stopped the clock after the siren had rung in a canberra saints match a couple of years back?

it most certainlly was
he robbed us then, and now he has robbed the 'boys!
Was that the match where Simpkins sent off Mark Riddell but allowed Troy Thompson to stay on the field?
And I think the decisive penalty was when Finch was a mile offside (that right, you mate Finch).
Yes that was the match.

Selective memories.

People whinge too much about referees.

Firstly the hooter had gone, the scrum should never have packed and i didnt think finch was offside at all.., i dont recall Riddell being sent off, nor do i recall any incident involving thompson so i cant comment on that
As I said, Selective memories.
Riddell was sent off earlier in the match... Canberra were playing against 12 men.
Troy Thompson was placed on report for a similar incident.

In the same match, people were going on about the TV clock going down to 0:00.

Contrary to popular belief, The TV is not the official team keeper and it is in fact the referee who is charge of the match.

The Dragons forwards had about 10-15 seconds to pack into the scrum. They were ready, so time was called off.
Brett Finch gave away the penalty and he was a mile offside. Your assertion that he was not offiside is the stuff of urban myth. The referee was correct.
Being a differential, Saints couldn't take a shot at goal so they took a tap and then potted a field goal, equalling the scores and forcing a draw.

My understanding is that the Cowboys didn't have time to pack down before fulltime, about 5-6 seconds.

maladroit

Juniors
it's not relevant though is it lads ? The scrum being awarded was the WRONG decision and that is where the error was, that he did not award the offside penalty for the not one, but TWO roosters players who played at the ball from right in front of the fullback after he dropped it forward. That is not only a penalty, but the cowboys should have been taking the tap for one last ditch assault on the roosters line of only 12 men, because a deliberate ( proffesional) foul was committed.

sretsoor

Juniors
I could have sworn when the kick went up there were at least 4 or 5 Roosters players contesting the footabll in the air, Mini in fact caught it but lost it coming down when the ball hit another Rooster (could hacve been Finch).

You guys make it out that Mini dropped it and Finch ran over from in front to pick it up, not that he was contesting the ball and when they hit the ground he ended up with it.

FFS keep carrying on. I'll just say the cows should thank Simpkins for their first two tries. Decisions went both ways.

KFC

Juniors
Non of this is relevant maladroit as the Roosters won the game and will play in the Grand Final next week.

No amount of debating is going to change the outcome of the match IT"S OVER!

Innconu

Juniors
sretsoor said:
I could have sworn when the kick went up there were at least 4 or 5 Roosters players contesting the footabll in the air, Mini in fact caught it but lost it coming down when the ball hit another Rooster (could hacve been Finch).

You guys make it out that Mini dropped it and Finch ran over from in front to pick it up, not that he was contesting the ball and when they hit the ground he ended up with it.

FFS keep carrying on. I'll just say the cows should thank Simpkins for their first two tries. Decisions went both ways.

That about sums it up the I saw it as well and so as such Finch was offside. "Accidently offside" which by the rules is a scrum with the feed to the opposition.

So Simpkins would appear to have gotten that call correct, why don't all these Rooster haters just leave it out till next year and let the lucky supporters of the dogs and the Roosters get on with the fun of GF week.

I do not like either club but I have to admit they are the best two sides this season and lets be realistic the Cowboys should not have been in the playoffs at all. They finished in teh bottom half of the comp while the roosters finished first.

gregstar

Referee
what you didn't see behind the towel covering ricko was a pair of hairy knees on the ground in front of him!!!!