What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm and Sharks shouldn't be allowed to share reserve side

cb4

First Grade
The Sharks/Storm agreement will still be in place next year.

It finishes in 2015. Steve Noyce has confirmed this multiple times.

shaggs

Coach
how many Storm players play in the CS reserve grade side- I find this rather bizarre owing to the fact you want your reserve grade team to play in a similair manner to the NRL side in case you need to being these players upto NRL so they will know the drills and moves etc. That would mean the Melbourne storm players would be able to pass this info on the NRL club coaches/players. Doesn't Canberra do they same have their players play for one of the other NRL sides NSW Cup side?

Albury??? gees it's getting a bit like ask the Leyland brothers this NSW Cup comp with all this travelling.

From the 20 named for the weekend only 4 were storm players.

Melbourne send the majority of their players to easts tigers in the Q cup.

Ben Hampton played for sharks at first and then melbourne realised he was good so that made him play for easts.

Southern Shark

Juniors
All the sides are mergers. Easts and Newtown, Souths and Norths, Penrith and Windsor etc Hopefully next year it will be called Reserve Grade and be played before the Nrl game and move the under twents back.

Frailty

First Grade
how many Storm players play in the CS reserve grade side- I find this rather bizarre owing to the fact you want your reserve grade team to play in a similair manner to the NRL side in case you need to being these players upto NRL so they will know the drills and moves etc. That would mean the Melbourne storm players would be able to pass this info on the NRL club coaches/players. Doesn't Canberra do they same have their players play for one of the other NRL sides NSW Cup side?

Albury??? gees it's getting a bit like ask the Leyland brothers this NSW Cup comp with all this travelling.

As far as I'm aware, we have used 6 storm players in NSW Cup this year. 4 were named on the 20 man squad last week, but not all played.

Canberra's NSW Cup side is Mounties.

Joker's Wild

Coach
No,I am a WestsTiger supporter,but the fact the Sharks get storm and Sharks players is wrong,therefore they are cheating,I hope Windsor rip them a new one,everyone should be on an equal playing field,and clearly the gummy storm are not on that field.

So what about the teams who have no affiliation with NRL clubs? They basically have no chance of winning yet no one seems to complain about that

Jeezus, stop sooking princess. Its reserve grade FFS

Newtown feed between two other clubs in the Roosters and Cabramatta, so they have three clubs to pick from.

If the Sharks finished near the bottom of the ladder like last season with the same agreement in place nothing would be said.

Like I said earlier in the thread its just sour grapes

Carrn the mighty SHARKIES

NSW CUP PREMIERS 2013

cb4

First Grade
As far as I'm aware, we have used 6 storm players in NSW Cup this year. 4 were named on the 20 man squad last week, but not all played.

Canberra's NSW Cup side is Mounties.

All 4 played.

Auv'a (Left Centre)
Tonumipea (sp) (Left wing)
Vave (prop)
Moors (2nd row)

Then we have had guys like Ben Hampton, Brett Finsh, Jorden McClean, Dayne Weston and a few others on the way.

Hampton and McClean ended up in first grade and the Easts Tigers, as did Finch.

mxlegend99

Referee
Newtown feed between two other clubs in the Roosters and Cabramatta, so they have three clubs to pick from.

If the Sharks finished near the bottom of the ladder like last season with the same agreement in place nothing would be said.

NSW CUP PREMIERS 2013
The Sharks pick from the best of two top 8 NRL sides depth players. That 's a pretty big leg up
On other sides. The side they face in the grand final is the depth of a team that missed the top 8 altogether.

Throw another team or two in with depth picked from Top 8 teams and the Sharks wouldn't be nearly as dominant. Combine Manly/Newcastle, Roosters/Bulldogs etc. for feeder clubs and suddenly you have a stack of reserve grade sides that aren't far off first grade.

If the Sharks were near the bottom they would be beyond a joke given the advantage they hold over most teams.

This is the 3rd season the joint venture has been together, not many seemed worried about it before now.
Anyway.
GO THE STORKS!

thorson1987

Coach
The Sharks pick from the best of two top 8 NRL sides depth players. That 's a pretty big leg up
On other sides. The side they face in the grand final is the depth of a team that missed the top 8 altogether.

Throw another team or two in with depth picked from Top 8 teams and the Sharks wouldn't be nearly as dominant. Combine Manly/Newcastle, Roosters/Bulldogs etc. for feeder clubs and suddenly you have a stack of reserve grade sides that aren't far off first grade.

If the Sharks were near the bottom they would be beyond a joke given the advantage they hold over most teams.

Actually, our best generally go to Easts Tigers.

we finished close to the bottom of the ladder last season and no one cared. we win a few games and people feel the need to complain

The end of the day all that matters is : NSW CUP PREMIERS 2013

we finished close to the bottom of the ladder last season and no one cared. we win a few games and people feel the need to complain

The end of the day all that matters is : NSW CUP PREMIERS 2013

Hahahaha still and always cheating (a match made in heaven) first the salary cap, then the peptides and now the NSW Cup. Doesn't seem right does it having two clubs feeding into a side especially when Wyong doesn't have any though I've heard that may change with the Bulldogs soon.

Last edited:

NSW CUP PREMIERS 2013

Thats rubbish, we've been complaining about it since the merger of sorts first happened, its just that you guys always fell at the final hurdle.