What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm and Sharks shouldn't be allowed to share reserve side

Seriously, I know why they do it but it speaks volumes of unprofessionalism that in this day and age two multi million dollar clubs need to share a reserves side. NRL need to help Melbourne have their own side, either a NSW based team or a VIC base team, whatever, it's better than the current situation.

fizman

Bench
As of next season, the Melbourne Storm reserve grade team will be based in Albury. Cronulla will be aligned with the Wyong Roos.

Seriously, I know why they do it but it speaks volumes of unprofessionalism that in this day and age two multi million dollar clubs need to share a reserves side. NRL need to help Melbourne have their own side, either a NSW based team or a VIC base team, whatever, it's better than the current situation.

nothing would be said if they were bottom of the ladder. Sour Grapes from opposition supporters.

My understanding was that those players with roots in NSW played for the Sharks in Reserve Grade, and those from elsewhere went to the Tigers in the Qld Cup. Next year it's the Aubry Thunder though right?

Raider Azz

Bench
nothing would be said if they were bottom of the ladder. Sour Grapes from opposition supporters.
theyre at the top of the ladder because theyre being fed by two NRL teams. a slight unfair advantage, don't you think?

Not that I care in the slightest, just making a point :lol:

theyre at the top of the ladder because theyre being fed by two NRL teams. a slight unfair advantage, don't you think?

Not that I care in the slightest, just making a point :lol:

Lol have a good look at who is in the team.

Anyway, been this way for a couple of years and no one took any notice. Until now.

Personally I find it detrimental to our club. Certain positions we cannot call on when an injury occurs because those are Storm contracted players.

Diesel

Referee
As of next season, the Melbourne Storm reserve grade team will be based in Albury. Cronulla will be aligned with the Wyong Roos.

I knew the Storm were getting a reserve based team in Vic but why are the Sharks reserve grade team not the Cronulla Sharks?

gronkathon

First Grade
I feel sorry for the Sharks if they link with Wyong next season.

Club full of human garbage. One of their back rowers fathers hurling pretty off racial stuff at the big WT winger this Saturday. NSWRL rep didn't want to hear about a supporter complaining about it either

Haffa

Wish the Storm would send all their players to Easts. The tigers could do with a few more quality players.

RL Tragic

Juniors
Went down to Henson Park on the weekend to watch Jets vs the Sharks and unfortunately it poured rain and the crowd was quite small but it was still a great atmosphere. If you actually have a look at who played for the Sharks they are no different to any other NSW Cup side...Gibbs was the only big name and he is on his way back from injury other than that a kid from the 20s,Tonumapeia, Auva'a, Manu, Gigot, Politoni, Roqica, Sopoaga, Coates, Weston who was offloaded by the Panthers, Peachey, Robinson, Tafua, Mills and Wright have played first grade.

gronkathon

First Grade
They have had a superior lineup to that for most of the season though.

A Townsend/Finch halves combination works wonders

Bench

Spot on,I hope they get rolled by a fair dinkum reserve grade side,if they win there should an * next to it,totally unfair on all the other teams,don't know how the NSWRL approved it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Exactly. In any given game they will average twice as many blokes on fulltime contracts as every other team, including twice as many NRL top 25 players.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gee theres some irrational & stupid comments in this thread.

NRL & NSWRL gave it the green light.

Deal with it.