What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm out for the year ?

muznik

Juniors
Unconfirmed reports on Gold Coast radio that the Storm will not fly to NZ this weekend and may not play for the rest of the year !

:crazy:

stuke

Bench
i dare say that rumours like this will fly around everywhere as they "don't have anything to play for". once the players work out that they won't get paid if they don't fulfill their obligations I reckon they'll find a reason to keep on playing.

Gronk

Staff member
Oh FFS, I hope that they're not playing the victim card again.

Suitman

Post Whore
The NRL have checked it out and apparantly the rumour is untrue.
The original source was a rumour segment on 3AW in Melbourne.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
The NRL have checked it out and apparantly the rumour is untrue.
The original source was a rumour segment on 3AW in Melbourne.

Suity

LOL, wasnt melbourne radio also the original source that was picked up by 2GB that some players (ie lowrie) were going to boycott the first match after the scandal broke and were seen on the Central Coast?

Gronk

Staff member
Since when does Mexican Radio even care about the NRL.

Hehe "I'm on a Mexican radiooo, I'm on the Mexican whoa-oh radio..."

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If true that should be the final nail in their coffin, but i think it sounds like just another bullsh*t rumour. Sure it didn't come from Casper???? ;-)

fibroboy

Juniors
Don't forget,the more matches Melbourne win this season the higher Parramatta finish on the laddder.
I hope they thrash Warriors this week.
Melbourne are my 2nd favourite club for the rest of the season.

Gronk

Staff member
Don't forget,the more matches Melbourne win this season the higher Parramatta finish on the laddder.
I hope they thrash Warriors this week.
Melbourne are my 2nd favourite club for the rest of the season.

Haha, I like it.

bradeel

Juniors
very good theory. I've also been thinking along these lines. If they play, they cause massive upheaval to the ladder because they are out of contention but actually better than most of the Top 8, so should send a few so-called Top 8 sides packing.

And speaking from on the ground in enemy territory, I can confirm that all the radio stations were carrying the rumour that the Storm were boycotting from this week's game onwards and whilst the average man on the street doesn't care or know much about rugby league, people are pretty interested in what is going on with the Storm in general. They loved having a winning side, even just to lord it over the northern states in a code they don't really care about, and feel as though this is some sort of conspiracy from NSW because of jealousy or something. This is obviously a moronic opinion and I do my best to set it straight where possible. It is giving the NRL something of a profile down here though and it wouldn't surprise me if people get even more behind the Storm with a backs to the wall approach and a young team in 2011...if they survive at all...