What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Salary Cap Issues

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
giphy.gif

Slater1

Juniors
What I don't understand about this rumour is that there wasn't that many "moving parts" in regards to the Melbourne Storm salary cap when the final signings were completed.

After Cam Munster signed his contract extension back in October; there's only been two players of any note signed to contracts of any significance (that I've heard/read about at least)--- Sandor Earl's contract would be close to minimum money considering his circumstances (former suspension, 5 years out of the game, his ties to Melbourne meaning he won't want to leave) leaving only the Cam Smith contract.

It can't be that hard for the Melbourne Storm to figure out how much they can afford to pay Cam Smith and then balance his two year contract around that.

I think what is more likely happening is that the Storm are offering opportunities for P Kaufusi, Cheyse Blair & Sam Kasiano to move on to another club because they are just depth players and unlikely to play many games for the Storm in 2019.

Exsilium

First Grade
Salary cap fines should just go into an account to fund the North Sydney Bears.

Or we could relocate the sharks, kick Souths out of the competition or pay out Greenberg from his contract.

I see only positives

thorson1987

Coach
What I don't understand about this rumour is that there wasn't that many "moving parts" in regards to the Melbourne Storm salary cap when the final signings were completed.

After Cam Munster signed his contract extension back in October; there's only been two players of any note signed to contracts of any significance (that I've heard/read about at least)--- Sandor Earl's contract would be close to minimum money considering his circumstances (former suspension, 5 years out of the game, his ties to Melbourne meaning he won't want to leave) leaving only the Cam Smith contract.

It can't be that hard for the Melbourne Storm to figure out how much they can afford to pay Cam Smith and then balance his two year contract around that.

I think what is more likely happening is that the Storm are offering opportunities for P Kaufusi, Cheyse Blair & Sam Kasiano to move on to another club because they are just depth players and unlikely to play many games for the Storm in 2019.

Nah the Mole said it's a salary cap issue so it must be that.

Latest posts