What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm salary repercussions

Seagullsrock

Juniors
What they have done in the past four seasons has nothing to do with what they have to offload, only the $700K this season. If they survive, most will take pay cuts I assume and a few will venture to rival clubs.

johns_reds

First Grade
If i was Bruno i'd make a play at Tolman.

If Bulldogs get Tolman as it is being reported that they are favourites then we need to make a big play for Hannant. One thing out of this is players prices will drop, why would you pay heaps for Hannant when you can get a storm player for a bit cheaper? This is the GFC for Rugby league.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd first and foremost be going for Cooper Cronk, we need an elite halfback. Adam Blair should be the forward target imo.

johnnyg

Juniors
Repercussions? Make sure our books are in line and ' clean '. I wouldn't be surprised to see every club's books looked at with a microscope in the following couple of months.

ratsack2

Juniors
Brisbane calling melbourne out for breaching the salary cap is worse than the pot calling the kettle black.
I would like the NRL to re-examine the broncs books for all their premiership wins

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Brisbane calling melbourne out for breaching the salary cap is worse than the pot calling the kettle black.
I would like the NRL to re-examine the broncs books for all their premiership wins

Newsflash Einstein: Audits happen every year.

1. You're an idiot

2. Melbourne deliberately rorted the system to the tune of nearly $2m for five years. Care to provide some evidence of Brisbane getting even close to that?

3. You're an idiot.

Do us all a favour and pull your bottom lip over your head, then swallow.

screeder

Juniors
Gotta laugh at the bullsh*t alarmist journo's talking about Bellamy having to leave the Storm. Why? They are so full of crap and just to sell a few papers.

Nice thought though, Bellamy coming back.

BDH

Juniors
In no particular order, but IMO the best possible buys for Broncos (in terms of cash spent vs. skills/leadership/attitude game);

- Tolman
- Blair
- Cronk
- Proctor

P.S. Would love Cam Smith but he has a huge agenda against Broncos so can't ever see it happening.

screeder

Juniors
In no particular order, but IMO the best possible buys for Broncos (in terms of cash spent vs. skills/leadership/attitude game);

- Tolman
- Blair
- Cronk
- Proctor

Agree with these but add

Lima
Manu
Inglis
Slater

Tolman and Proctor would be supreme value

BDH

Juniors
I disagree with the Slater/GI buy. Every team (perhaps every code), will be interested in these guys signatures, problem is, whilst they are game winners, they are not players who create structure within a club.

By "structure" I mean, that they aren't players you can build around. They are freaks of nature, no doubt, but much like an Izzy, they are flair, but not consistent. They don't organise and they don't lead. Big things you want out of a $400k player.

Add to this the fact that they would take up a huge chuck of the cap, and I think we would be silly to waste a huge amount of outside backs.

IMO, Cronk and Cam Smith, are the most valuable players at the Storm

screeder

Juniors
I disagree with the Slater/GI buy. Every team (perhaps every code), will be interested in these guys signatures, problem is, whilst they are game winners, they are not players who create structure within a club.

By "structure" I mean, that they aren't players you can build around. They are freaks of nature, no doubt, but much like an Izzy, they are flair, but not consistent. They don't organise and they don't lead. Big things you want out of a $400k player.

Add to this the fact that they would take up a huge chuck of the cap, and I think we would be silly to waste a huge amount of outside backs.

IMO, Cronk and Cam Smith, are the most valuable players at the Storm

Agree totally. Forwards and playmakers represent best value.

screeder

Juniors
Hows this for a repercussion for us. No spoon, cause dead set we'd be the wooden spoon favorite if not for the Storm