What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Tactics....

petetheileet

First Grade
As per usual...Melbourne return to their illegal tactics which are a blight on our game and they recieve nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Manu was charged with unnecessary use of his knees on the back of a roosters leg and will escape suspension...

(Morris missed a week with injury when this was performed on him when saints played em.)

How everyone in the NRL keeps believing all their sh*t that they do not practice these moves honestly enrages me.

I am quite certain in recent weeks Bellamy has told his players to stop with the tactics to prevent further embarrassment.

In recent weeks i have seen Crocker, Geyer, Blair and more have their arm around their opponents neck, then when they realise what they are doing, they sh*t themselves and quickly move their arm away.

(take a look at the Geyer tackle on Price in i think the 73rd minute of the warriors game if you dont believe me)

They have obviously trained hard to perfect these moves and are finding it difficult to stop doing them all of a sudden because they have been in their array of tricks for so long now.

Rubbing your shin or knee with force on an other persons achillies or calf is extremely painful.

It is an attempt to directly injure an opponent when they have no means to defend themselves. I find it to be no different than a king hit or even a hopoate!

Saints made a big deal of it and brought all these things to every ones attention but as the latest evidence suggests no one else is willing to do sh*t!

The Dodger

First Grade
the reason why they get away with it so much is because there is usually three players in the tackle making it easier for them to do it without being seen from the ref.

and the touchies should just grab some popcorn and enjoy the seats they are given every match...

Parra

Referee
The Storm could win 10 comps in a row and they still would not rate in Victoria.

They are a money pit, they cheat, they get away with it, and they are totally insignificant. If this team disappeared tomorrow there would be a brief fight over the scraps and then they would be forgotten forever. This will be as true in 2018 as it is today.

philstorm

Juniors
Was wondering when this weeks' 'Storm are cheating thread' would emerge.

For what it's worth, since when did Parra make money? :lol:

Say what you like about us, I give you fellas 2 years before you merge/die.

P.S - You should get over the Prelim from last year already.

The Storm could win 10 comps in a row and they still would not rate in Victoria.

They are a money pit, they cheat, they get away with it, and they are totally insignificant. If this team disappeared tomorrow there would be a brief fight over the scraps and then they would be forgotten forever. This will be as true in 2018 as it is today.
Hello Dennis

Godz Illa

Coach
"Melbourne have been very, very good at it (and have been) for a long time," Brown said.
"We're not good enough at it - they're better at ... half of it they invented, they'll tell you they didn't.
"It doesn't bother me they do it, but what bothers me is the officials in our game keep letting the system down.
"We went there the other night to ruffle their feathers.
"They keep letting it happen and my advice to other sides is the only chance you've got of beating Melbourne is to join in, you join in and get in and rip in a make the game a bloodbath.
"That's the only way you can win unless the officials want to change their approach to the game."

Once Dead

Bench
Was wondering when this weeks' 'Storm are cheating thread' would emerge.

For what it's worth, since when did Parra make money? :lol:

Say what you like about us, I give you fellas 2 years before you merge/die.

P.S - You should get over the Prelim from last year already.

For what it's worth, since when did Melbourne make money?

Oh, that's right.....never......hell, it took them half a season after winning one premiership and making the one before that before they got a full house.....YAY, GO STURMZ

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
the reason why they get away with it so much is because there is usually three players in the tackle making it easier for them to do it without being seen from the ref.

and the touchies should just grab some popcorn and enjoy the seats they are given every match...

That is why imo we really need to experiment with 2 refs so they can't keep getting away with it.

Evolution

Juniors
People seem to be blind or do not care if any other team than the storm do suspect tackles. Some examples for you:
grapple1.jpg
grapple2.jpg

coops.jpg
blair.jpg

81757629.jpg

cupid

Juniors
Still shots mean nothing, video is the way to go when you want to prove something.

Godz Illa

Coach
We would post all the shots of Storm grapples, chicken wings, snappers, leg grinds, crunchers etc but the internet isn't ready for that kind of bandwidth stretch atm. Maybe 10-15 years.

Evolution

Juniors
It is funny when still shots are enough to condemn a Storm player but the other way around mean nothing.

You will notice that the first two pictures are from the same tackle that ended with a suspension to Rodgers. I could get the whole sequence of the other tackles but it is not worth the time but I will say they are not tricks of the eye but lingering illegal tackles on the head.

It is easy to find pictures of Storm tackles as the media seem to go out of their way to capture them. The first 4 photos are from Storm games in the last 2 weeks.

I still say that third picture is one of the more dangerous I could see. I though the whole reaction to a grapple was it could cause brain damage due to loss of oxygen from 'sleeper' holds. The only intention of that tackle is to cut of the air supply of the player and hurt him and if done incorrectly could kill the player.

Last edited:

little_aza

Juniors
LOL @ all the parra and dragons fans!!!! sorry we've ended so many of your seasons!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

"hey guyz..lets think of something to target melbourne about!!" you are all so pathetic.

i'll have pleasure in watching us demolish st geroge and parramatta once more.

Dasher39

Juniors
Still shots mean nothing, video is the way to go when you want to prove something.
:lol:

What a convenient cop out for you. The fact is when other teams do it to the Storm, no one cares. Yet when the Storm do it, dozens of threads like this appear.

Talk about hypocricy.

Apey

Staff member
FMD this is getting sad.

Storm > Dragons. Get the f**k over it :lol:

Latest posts