What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Tactics....

philstorm

Juniors
For what it's worth, since when did Melbourne make money?

Who said we did?

Yet the opening poster has the gall to ridicule others, when his own team is set to post a record loss.

Aren't you the ones in 'Rugby League heartland'? :lol:

Still shots mean nothing, video is the way to go when you want to prove something.

Don't forget to add, "Still shots are only acceptable when showing Storm players doing the grappling".

I mean, hell, it's what the Daily Telegraph has based 2 years of sports headlines on, no?

Once Dead

Bench
Who said we did?

Yet the opening poster has the gall to ridicule others, when his own team is set to post a record loss.

Aren't you the ones in 'Rugby League heartland'? :lol:

Don't forget to add, "Still shots are only acceptable when showing Storm players doing the grappling".

I mean, hell, it's what the Daily Telegraph has based 2 years of sports headlines on, no?

Mate, if you're going to attack another club for making a profit, be prepared to receive criticism in return especially for a team that is propped up by News Limited.

philstorm

Juniors
Mate, if you're going to attack another club for making a profit, be prepared to receive criticism in return especially for a team that is propped up by News Limited.

Say what?

Last time I checked, it was the Parra fan bringing money into the equation.

FWIW, i'd rather be 'propped up' by a company likes News Limited than being 'propped up' by a Leagues Club financed primarily by pokies.

Godz Illa

Coach
FWIW, i'd rather be 'propped up' by a company likes News Limited than being 'propped up' by a Leagues Club financed primarily by pokies.
lol sure pal, pokies are the ultimate evil. Not the behemoth corporation that hijacked our game, crippling it in the process and continues to hold it to ransom for an absolute pittance

scottyeel

Bench
I still say that third picture is one of the more dangerous I could see. I though the whole reaction to a grapple was it could cause brain damage due to loss of oxygen from 'sleeper' holds. The only intention of that tackle is to cut of the air supply of the player and hurt him and if done incorrectly could kill the player.
Is that from the preliminary final last year?
Do you think you could find a pic of Cayless getting his pectoral muscle ripped from the bone in a chicken wing tackle or will that not suit your argument?

Apey

Staff member
:lol: Here comes the nuffy calvary. Surprised you didn't have a whinge about the Saints-Knights game.

Lol? what relevance does that have with this thread? not to mention I conceded Dragons were better from the get-go :? ??

wow, I didn't think the Storm > Dragons was that hurtful :lol:

this topic has been done to the death and it's sad to watch.

Last edited:

thug jimmy

Juniors
People seem to be blind or do not care if any other team than the storm do suspect tackles. Some examples for you:
grapple1.jpg
grapple2.jpg

coops.jpg
blair.jpg

81757629.jpg
care factor? its like punching someone and expecting them not to punch you back. melbourne brought this sh7t upon themselves.

i want to see teams grapple, chicken wing, horses leg, off the turnbuckle, kickbox, punch, belt, smash and destroy melbourne.

they made their own rules, so we'll make ours. try and stop us.

P.S. just read over those browny comments again. bring on the blood bath..!!

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol? what relevance does that have with this thread? not to mention I conceded Dragons were better from the get-go :? ??

wow, I didn't think the Storm > Dragons was that hurtful :lol:

this topic has been done to the death and it's sad to watch.

Nothings being done about it though. I couldnt care less that its Melbourne that does it, the fact of the matter is that its disgusting and shouldn't happen

philstorm

Juniors
lol sure pal, pokies are the ultimate evil. Not the behemoth corporation that hijacked our game, crippling it in the process and continues to hold it to ransom for an absolute pittance

:lol:

Yes, the 'behemoth corporation' is worse than the blight on society that tears families apart.

Cletus

First Grade
How was that Parra player tonight he was trying to unscrew his head! Melbourne seem too do it less since the media made a fuss about it, but in the last few rounds the speed of the play the ball has slowed down a lot also.

petetheileet

First Grade
I think the topic will stop being brought up when it is resolved from our game, rogers and rules both got suspended for a one off offence when it suited the NRL to do something. Yet the storm who have brought this rubbish into our game have never been punished despite repeated offences, when they are held accountable for their actions I'm sure the topic will fade away.

The fact I brought up in my initial post was that Manu deliberately rubbed his knee/shin on the back of an opponents leg when he had no means of defending himself.

Fact: cat and dog act in one.
Fact: both illegal play and not in the spirit of the game.
Fact: it has occured more than once.

What I planned for this thread was a discussion on why Manu or the repeated offending club is not punished.

Unfortunately all instead of getting some Intelligent comments I get storm fans diverting blame and other fans whinging about past events.

I'd love for a storm fan to put their hand up one day and say "yep that's not on"

Instead we get a bunch of denial and bull sh*t from club and fans alike.

The question still stands. Should Manu have gotten away with what he did considering the points I stated earlier?

sting

Bench
he certainly should not get away from it. if the judiciary or the ref isn't gonna do anything, i'd love nothing better than some bloke to get up and absolutely deck him. i'd love nothing more than someone like weyman to get up and just shatter his jaw. same thing goes for any of those players who wanna use such tactics in their game.

i'd imagine some of the storm players would think twice about doing their crap if say a slater or smith was out for 8 weeks getting their face and jaw put back together after someone resenting something in a tackle and dishing out some justice.

philstorm

Juniors
I think the topic will stop being brought up when it is resolved from our game, rogers and rules both got suspended for a one off offence when it suited the NRL to do something. Yet the storm who have brought this rubbish into our game have never been punished despite repeated offences, when they are held accountable for their actions I'm sure the topic will fade away.

The fact I brought up in my initial post was that Manu deliberately rubbed his knee/shin on the back of an opponents leg when he had no means of defending himself.

Fact: cat and dog act in one.
Fact: both illegal play and not in the spirit of the game.
Fact: it has occured more than once.

What I planned for this thread was a discussion on why Manu or the repeated offending club is not punished.

Unfortunately all instead of getting some Intelligent comments I get storm fans diverting blame and other fans whinging about past events.

I'd love for a storm fan to put their hand up one day and say "yep that's not on"

Instead we get a bunch of denial and bull sh*t from club and fans alike.

The question still stands. Should Manu have gotten away with what he did considering the points I stated earlier?

You'll get your admission when either yourself or another Parra fan comes out and admits "Yep, our club does it just as much as the Storm, only they do it better".

Seen the pics posted earlier, or let me guess? They were an exception/aberration on the part of the Parramatta RL Club.

We would post all the shots of Storm grapples, chicken wings, snappers, leg grinds, crunchers etc but the internet isn't ready for that kind of bandwidth stretch atm. Maybe 10-15 years.

Post St George's wins for the last decade...should be enough for a few seconds of highlights ??.;-)

Haven't seen the footage of the Manu tackle so can't comment.
Will say, that after the Wests player's grapple last night, you wouldn't want to see any Tigers fans complaining about grapples!!! Ranked 1 in the MRC list of reviewed grapples the other week, and then last night I thought it was a legitimate sleeper hold to put Hayne to sleep!

Latest posts