What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm threaten legal action against NRL

Frailty

First Grade
Channel 7 reported that the Melbourne Storm Chairperson, Dr. Rob Moodie, is considering to take the NRL to court over the stripping of the premierships.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

the premierships were gained illegally what possible defence can they make against that? it smells of legal posturing to me

Gaba

First Grade
Storm admitted guilt and accepted the umpires decision in a public statement, if the storm take action they will lose and the nrl should say bye bye storm,you showed you cant be trusted again.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
If anything the storm should be sued by the sea eagles and eels for knowingly fielding an illegal team.

Gaba

First Grade
If anything the storm should be sued by the sea eagles and eels for knowingly fielding an illegal team.
Actually all the teams who made the finals and teams who finish outside , because the finals would have been different results

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He would lose.

People like to have a say on Gallop.

He has already stated he took QC advise on this.

I back him and the NRL to win any legal challenge on this, after all they are the governing body and can make rules as they see fit.

Moodie has zero cred, he was the chairman, this happened under his chairmanship, he is legless.

Storming Norman

Juniors
Rob Moodie has got this right. David Gallop and bullsh*t of a meeting on Thursday has caused the storm to go down this track. The NRL let the lid out that Melbourne Storm got the wooden spoon hence why there was money plonk on the Storm hence why it went from 250-1 to 20-1. David Gallop and hes Dickhead mates have given out a penalities before getting board approval that will affect the history and the future of the game.

The fact it was leaked by the NRL to the Betting Agency and the fact that it was not approved by the board until 48 hours after the David Gallop press conference.

I support the decision but the NRL need to be accountable for there wrong doing and to be perfectly honest the answer from the NRL are not coming forward

Chook Herron

Juniors
Didn't they say the same thing about taking legal action against the judiciary over Cameron Smith? What came of that?

Eels Dude

Coach
They're not going to get any support by News Ltd, who own them, so they're going to have to funds to take this legal action themselves. News Ltd are already going to bail them out for their penalities... where are the funds for this legal action going to come from? Unless they an 'extra' pool of money to use... legal action is not going to happen.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Rob Moodie has got this right.
lol Moodie is a chairman who has know furrrrrking idea what his operations team do, he is not the first nor the last, but he has no leg to stand on, his operations team lead him down the garden path and he did not check what was going on.

Same for many businesses, many chairman like Moodie are clueless.

I would suggets the Storm save thier money.

Glenn

First Grade
Good.. hope they do take NRL to court.. and win them back.. and i reckon they very well might..

On what grounds? They were shown to be over the cap when the premierships were won, and as such in breech of NRL rules.
The best QC in the country couldn't win that argument for Melbourne.

clarency

Juniors
I remember reading something about this in the paper. It's not so much sueing them as it is appealing their punishment. The grounds they are taking have to do with the methods that were used. They will claim something to do with a particular board not being consulted before a final decision was made regarding the punishment.

I doubt they'll do it through lack of money. And even then they stated they accepted the punishment, which will work against them. And even if all that happened... what happens then... the points get given back... Gallop then goes to the appropriate board to decide the punishment... and they come out with the same original verdict?

It all seems like a waste of time really.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They're not going to get any support by News Ltd, who own them, so they're going to have to funds to take this legal action themselves. News Ltd are already going to bail them out for their penalities... where are the funds for this legal action going to come from? Unless they an 'extra' pool of money to use... legal action is not going to happen.
They might be able to sell some boats,cars and electrical goods.

Latest posts