What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm threaten legal action against NRL

As I ask the question that I quoted previously, HOW DID I (as a Melbourne Storm Supporter) RORT THE SYSTEM?

You didn't - but you did benefit from your club's cheating by enjoying the "success"* of your team for those years.

Suck it up and accept it :?

* success in this context means the delusion of the Storm, its members and supporters that cheating their way to premierships is acceptable and that in no way did anyone do anything wrong except Brian Waldron. Everyone else is completely free of any guilt in the matter.

Ulysseus

Bench
Good.. hope they do take NRL to court.. and win them back.. and i reckon they very well might..

Like I "reckon" and by reckon I mean know, that you are one deluded f**kwit destined to give the handful of sane storm fans here desperate to move forward with some dignity a bad f**king name.

Storming Norman

Juniors
You worked for them. You probably hid the illegal files under your cumquat tree you salary cap wrecking f*ckwit!!!

Anyway, re the betting - chances are it was Storm management wanting cash for SBW ffs.

F*ck off you salary cap rorting turd!!!!!!!!!

Oh grow up Dickhead, As I said, This was the making of 5 people who are no longer in the club.

I did not know this whole situation until a Office Meeting on Thursday Morning.

I ashamed for the club I support and the club I work at. I tell you morale is high at the moment because of the pride factor however all thursday, I DID NOT KNOW IF I HAD A JOB LEFT thanks to those 5 arseholes.

Ulysseus

Bench
Oh grow up Dickhead, As I said, This was the making of 5 people who are no longer in the club.

I did not know this whole situation until a Office Meeting on Thursday Morning.

I ashamed for the club I support and the club I work at. I tell you morale is high at the moment because of the pride factor however all thursday, I DID NOT KNOW IF I HAD A JOB LEFT thanks to those 5 arseholes.

Well I do feel for you there I'll give you that, been there before mate.
There is nothing quiet like not knowing whether you have a job thanks to the general incompetence of people you thought were doing a great job, or if not great at least competently.
Best of luck with it mate, I know your pain in that regard.

bileduct

Coach
The NRL let the lid out that Melbourne Storm got the wooden spoon hence why there was money plonk on the Storm hence why it went from 250-1 to 20-1. David Gallop and hes Dickhead mates have given out a penalities before getting board approval that will affect the history and the future of the game.

The fact it was leaked by the NRL to the Betting Agency and the fact that it was not approved by the board until 48 hours after the David Gallop press conference.
Uhh, you are aware that the first bet was placed on April 13, 9 days before the announcement and, funnily enough, the exact same day the Melbourne board was supposedly "informed" of the clubs cheating.

Given the allegations of cheating and the apparent physical evidence directly supporting those allegations, it doesn't take a fortune teller to predict the future, particularly after the Bulldogs scandal.

It is more likely than not, given other behaviour of the club, that the bet was placed by someone connected with the Melbourne Storm.

As for the NRL's actions not being approved by the board, I have no f**king idea what dimension this occurred in, but maybe you'd better get back there.

The arrogance and sheer denial of some Storm supporters that are posting here is absolutely pathetic.

You make it extremely difficult to feel any sympathy towards anyone even remotely associated with your club.

bileduct

Coach
Well, Answer by the NRL are needed.

1. Who in the NRL started or leeked the bets upto 48 hours beore the announcement? It would been only from two sources NRL and Melbourne Storm Senior Management Team. Seeing that David Gallop has come out as said "He spoke to a lot of people" It need to be investigated.
You are in some kind of bizarre fantasy.

The board knew NINE DAYS before the announcement. In that time they would have pulled every administrative employee before them to determine what had happened. In that time you can bet that many frantic phone calls were made to other people who are no longer associated with the club.

Your posts reek of the same crap that 9/11 truthers pull in their attempts to revise history. Just askin questions, maaaaan, while blindly ignoring all signs pointing to the fact that the club, through the actions of it's employees, are a bunch of f**kin cheats.

siv

First Grade
So are we going to see a "Dennis Tutty" type court case that highlights that a Salary Cap is a unfair restriction of trade, and stops a player from earning more money or changing clubs

As is clearly the case in this situation

That is the only way "the players" can force the Storm's and NRL's managements hands on the issue

As they lost the premierships becuase of the Salary Cap breach

If the Slary Cap is illegal - then there is no breach and no reason to take away all of the items they did

Gaba

First Grade
So are we going to see a "Dennis Tutty" type court case that highlights that a Salary Cap is a unfair restriction of trade, and stops a player from earning more money or changing clubs

As is clearly the case in this situation

No one has stopped the players earning more money or going elsewhere, the storm could have let the players go ,but instead they chose to break the rules.

That is the only way "the players" can force the Storm's and NRL's managements hands on the issue

As they lost the premierships becuase of the Salary Cap breach

If the Slary Cap is illegal - then there is no breach and no reason to take away all of the items they did

The salary cap was agreed too by all of the nrl clubs so they have acknowledge it is part of the rules in the nrl competition.

Storming Norman

Juniors
You are in some kind of bizarre fantasy.

The board knew NINE DAYS before the announcement. In that time they would have pulled every administrative employee before them to determine what had happened. In that time you can bet that many frantic phone calls were made to other people who are no longer associated with the club.

Your posts reek of the same crap that 9/11 truthers pull in their attempts to revise history. Just askin questions, maaaaan, while blindly ignoring all signs pointing to the fact that the club, through the actions of it's employees, are a bunch of f**kin cheats.

9 day before the announcement however it did not go thru 48 hours after the announcement was set out. The penalites were decieded 2 hours before the press release at 4pm on Thursday.

It's a bit like Ivan Milat taking the backpackers to court for pinching his bullets

Oh Grow up mate. You sound like RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY's Dribblers

Loudstrat

Coach
So what? How does that affect the fact that you cheated for 4 years?

Or are you doing a Wally and blaming everyone else for irelleveny crap just because you cannot accept the fact that YOU ARE CORRUPT AND CHEATED AND GOT CAUGHT?????????

siv

First Grade
No one has stopped the players earning more money or going elsewhere, the storm could have let the players go ,but instead they chose to break the rules.

The salary cap was agreed too by all of the nrl clubs so they have acknowledge it is part of the rules in the nrl competition.

Sorry but yes there is a restriction - Mathematically there is a $2.5 mil upper limit on what a single player could earn (allowing for ALL other 24 squad members to be on minimum wages)

So in this scenario you have 16 highly paid players and everyone else on minimum wages

While this is a extreme if you expand this to 4 players then the maximum quickly drops to $630K with the other 21 players only getting minimum wage. Which is basically the Rep Players

And the Salary Cap was not really agreed by all - it was introduced post Super League war to reduce the costs in the game. The issue however is that many clubs "can" spend more

Players continue to complain in general about the issue every time a major contract comes up for renewal

And we continue to bleed at the lower grades with RG / U23 / U21(Pres Cup) comps alll gone

with the equivalent of FG / (Flegg)U19 / (SG Ball)U17 / (Matts)U15 existing today as NRL / NYC(U20) / SG Ball(U18) / Matts(U16)

So where are the clubs spending their money if they cannot on FG players ?

You now see players say in NSW Cup or fringe First Graders getting signed up - in case they might be needed

And clubs signing vast # of juniors at ages 13 / 14 due to lack of lower grades - and they get locked into a feeder system that they cannot easily change from if things don't go their way.

I would rather see a reduction in the # of non formal teams and juniors level players signed by the NRL club - eg say 100 junors max (incl SB Ball / Matts and under)

And of course the re-introdcution of National Resreve Grade with a NRL clubs Top 25 expanded to Top 40

Loudstrat

Coach
Regardless of that drivel - MELBOURNE CHEATED!

Oh the irony that they are now going through legal channels. Like Jack the Ripper suing his victims for damaging his rope ffs!

Gaba

First Grade
Sorry but yes there is a restriction - Mathematically there is a $2.5 mil upper limit on what a single player could earn (allowing for ALL other 24 squad members to be on minimum wages)

So in this scenario you have 16 highly paid players and everyone else on minimum wages

While this is a extreme if you expand this to 4 players then the maximum quickly drops to $630K with the other 21 players only getting minimum wage. Which is basically the Rep Players

But what gives those 4 players the right to say they should be getting alot more then the rest of the team the club didn't have to re-sign those players. The players are still able to dictate to the closest payment they want or threat to leave so there is no restraint.

Still no excuse for what the storm did, they did not play inside the of the rules.

Last edited:

Latest posts