What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm to have full-training match this Satuday

philstorm

Juniors
To be played at their training base - a full 80 minute game between a mixture of the Storm team (as reported on Ten News).

That's great news for mine - would really get the boys in the match-like situation.

Question - have other teams ever done this during their week off during the finals?

Just hope no injuries arise. :?

Ice777

Bench
I know where i'll be on Saturday and that's Princes Park. Well i will be if it's an open session anyway.

philstorm

Juniors
Ice777 said:
I know where i'll be on Saturday and that's Princes Park. Well i will be if it's an open session anyway.

If you go mate, keep some notes and post them up on the Storm forum if you can. ;-)

JK

Don't expect the dogs to do it - we don't have enough people to take the field!!

salivor

First Grade
philstorm said:
Based on your posts around the board, you'd like to see that happen wouldn't you? You and your anti-storm mantra ... :roll:

Lol, what are you smoking mate? What anti-Storm comments have I been making. In fact they're probably amongst my top 3 "second-fav" teams. Drugs are bad m'kay.

scottyeel

Bench
salivor said:
Lol, what are you smoking mate? What anti-Storm comments have I been making. In fact they're probably amongst my top 3 "second-fav" teams. Drugs are bad m'kay.
Don't worry salivor, he accused me of the same thing.:lol:
Philstorm I think you're in desperate need of some anti-paranoia drugs ok.:sarcasm:

dimitri

First Grade
philstorm said:
To be played at their training base - a full 80 minute game between a mixture of the Storm team (as reported on Ten News).

That's great news for mine - would really get the boys in the match-like situation.

Question - have other teams ever done this during their week off during the finals?

Just hope no injuries arise. :?

the sydney swans may be doing it this week

Ice777

Bench
Rainman said:
Might be punishment for their lacklustre performance against Parra?

I'd be more worried about my own teams performance if i were you rainman and not the Storm's. We have some work to do i agree but from what i saw Manly have their own problems to take care of themselves. You wouldn't want to fall in a heap against the Dragons like you did last week against the Knights.

At least we won and always remember, it's much better to win ugly than to lose pretty which you blokes did either of those anyway. Well you may have lost but it wasn't that pretty ;-)

phonetic

Juniors
Interesting plan from Bellamy.

Considering how stale we were in the prelim vs the Tigers last year, maybe we could have done with something like this during our 2 week break.

It certainly has it's risks though.

Inferno

Coach
Well traditionally seeing how many teams struggle after the bye and also the week off in finals footy might be a stroke of genius.

Ice777

Bench
innsaneink said:
But Phonetic...the Storm are one team that handle the breaks, no probs...ay Ice?

Well if you call winning your last 5 after having a break being able to handle it then yes, the Storm can handle it. It's not to say they'll win every single game after a break but i'd be much more confident winning the last 5 than losing the last 5 ay ink?