What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm V Bronco's trial thread

camsmith

Juniors
Was there, very good crowd for a trial match.

Good to see the Storm put on a show for us, but it is only a trial and will mean nothing come round 1.. so bring on round 1 :D

lotti

Bench
broncos_are_the_best said:
broncos lost 46-0:( :( :(

"Saddest day in the history of Rugby Leag....":( :(
What about when the Storm last beat you with that point margin? I believe you had to be handed the ball to score a try and don't worry I've had my fill of heckling the Broncos, at least until later in the season when they come to Olympic Park. Bring on the Tigers and the Unofficial launch of season 2007, thanks to Daylight Savings.

A good trial for the Storm and apart from the score a huge positive to come out of this match were the skills of Tagatase, Falou and Aubusson - all young players who will fill in during the seaon and take nothing away from the potency of the side.

Thaiday, Eastwood and Thorn had strong games for the Broncs as well..

sheet_ed

Juniors
Falou and Lima are going to be 2007 stand outs for the Storm.

I had heard Lima had dropped some puppy fat and stepped up a notch to play first grade and he proved it.

Falou - wow! He is only(17/18) and he is that big and fast - I feel sorry for the poor sod who has to mark him. I now know why we let Smith Samu go.

Hard to judge players at a trial - they all looked different - hair changes and a lot have bulked up - Billy Slater is no longer a flyweight.

My opinion, but I think the Broncos players were in better physical condition then the Storm players - a couple of out forwards looked stuffed and out of breath, this will show up quickly in the first 3 games when the heat is still in the air and you have only 4 subs.

I know Kingy is getting is crop shaved for the Leukaemia foundation but he looked like Scary Spice on acid. Did he have a hair tie to make his hair go straight up?

I would guess that Turner will be out for 3 weeks with a sprained ankle or something - it looked painful but not to serious. Falou or Chambers will get a crack at firsts.

Rua was impressive (until he was knocked out) he really played his arse off - I don't think he wants to go back to QLD cup.

Jeremy Smith will cop 1-2 weeks for a head high.

We still have Crocker and Blair to come back.

Cronk was awesome - again he has gone up a level - you knew when he was on the field.

I know the press said Inglis was impressive at 5/8 but I think I am used to a Scott Hill and he is playing a totally diffferent game. I would have like to see Russell Aitken and what dimensions he would bring to the backline.

Molly

Juniors
Broncos were only there in name, however great for our frame of mind going into Rnd 1. Given what happened yesterday, is it fair to assume that Inglis may actually have a couple of roles this year? Loved Cronks game, he has really matured and looks almost complete as a half, Lima may be a surprise packet, he looks pretty fit compared to last time I saw him.

DeeGan

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Turner is gone for 3 months !!!!...give Falou a shot straight away and watch the boy become a star !!!.

3 months?

I thought it was reported that he will be sidelines for 6 weeks :?

Matt Geyer as I said in another thread will be one nervous veteran when Turner comes back from injury given Falou has the chance to shine and cement his position in the side. Three wingers in to two won't go - MG could be riding the bench or worse case playing for your feeder club.

TITAN1

Juniors
It must be frustrating when a player that the club fought so hard to keep has copped a six week injury..it could be worse (Gasnier)...:(

camsmith said:
Was there, very good crowd for a trial match.

Good to see the Storm put on a show for us, but it is only a trial and will mean nothing come round 1.. so bring on round 1 :D

Was interested to see that. Read in the Sydney papers that it was about 8500, true?? Couldn't see any of the crowd on the TV highlights, the camerawork looked like it was from a JVC handycam.

Ice777

Bench
I'm not sure what the crowd was as it was harder to tell being at Princes Park as opposed to Olympic Park. But for a trial in Melbourne i have to say that i was very impressed by the numbers and hopefully it's a sign of things to come with the season proper just around the corner.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
Was interested to see that. Read in the Sydney papers that it was about 8500, true?? Couldn't see any of the crowd on the TV highlights, the camerawork looked like it was from a JVC handycam.
Yea it was printed in the Herald Sun at about that. 8429 by memory.

If I though OP was a hole, Princess park was 10 times worse.

Ice777 said:
I'm not sure what the crowd was as it was harder to tell being at Princes Park as opposed to Olympic Park. But for a trial in Melbourne i have to say that i was very impressed by the numbers and hopefully it's a sign of things to come with the season proper just around the corner.

Good crowd...horrible venue...it was like walking into the 70's !!!.:lol: