What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm versus Seagulls - Cannot wait

Ice777

Bench
MONY said:
Even though they beat Brisbane the past 2 years in the finals.

In Brisbane as well ;-)

I'd hardly call that going out with a whimper Snot, sorry i meant Snoz.

CharlieF said:
You can't blame him for wanting to be closer to his family and to where he has lived all his life. He is getting the same amount of money as he would have at melbourne and he is getting less than if he had of went to Souths. He is also far from overrated because he is not in any representative team of any note, nor do people heap praise on him. In fact he really has earnt no respect unless he completly dominates in a game. He may have an overinflated ego, but he did make a point last year that he did not go to the Rabbits because he did not consider himself to be good enough to lead them anywhere by himself. That is not the talk of an ego maniac.

Not the talk of an ego maniac ???...Orford did not go to Souths because he did not want to lose every week and be out of the spotlight. It has nothing to do with him being the messiah and lead them anywhere...what a stupid concept.:roll:

Good luck for the weekend boys! (not too much though).

Should be a cracker! Hope BK plays, looks very unlikely at this stage.

CharlieF

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
Not the talk of an ego maniac ???...Orford did not go to Souths because he did not want to lose every week and be out of the spotlight. It has nothing to do with him being the messiah and lead them anywhere...what a stupid concept.:roll:

Um, you're the one with the concept. I am only quoting what he said. You are quoting what you dreamt he said.

effnic

Bench
You cant blame Orford for leaving i mean as if you want to play for a club where non of the players make origin because who really cares about nrl in melbourne not even the test selectors will travel there i mean you want an example look at Bell, came to manly and first year BANG origin. And ffs guys all in all there is not one of you here who would knock back an offer at more money and a better life at your job so please shut the f**k up idiots.

Ice777

Bench
effnic said:
You cant blame Orford for leaving i mean as if you want to play for a club where non of the players make origin because who really cares about nrl in melbourne not even the test selectors will travel there i mean you want an example look at Bell, came to manly and first year BANG origin. And ffs guys all in all there is not one of you here who would knock back an offer at more money and a better life at your job so please shut the f**k up idiots.

This is what happens when you let children near the computer. Let this be a lesson to us all and i think it's quite obvious why this effknuckle effnic has just come back from a 3 month ban.

So you reckon if you play for the Storm you have no chance of playing Origin hey? Now let me see, Smith, Inglis, King, Johnson represented their state and that's only this year. How many other teams besides Brisbane had more reps than us effwit? Not to mention if not suspended Crocker would've walked into the Queensland side as selectors made quite clear and also the likes of Hill, Slater, Geyer have also worn the maroon or blue jersey.

Now let me get this straight once more. You said players can't get a game at origin level if they play for the Storm? Forgive me for asking again but i'm just having a hard time getting over your stupidity. Once again you've just proven to everyone what an idiot you really are. I've just named 7 players that have played origin while playing for the Storm including 4 this year. The ONLY reason why orford has never played origin is because he hasn't been good enough and it's as simple as that. When he got a game in City V Country he choked on the big stage and blew any chance he had of playing for NSW and everyone knows it.

Now, since Ox left the Storm to play origin, how did he go with that this year? He must have been pretty quiet and played average because i can't even remember seeing him. Not only can King and Smith get a game for their states, they'll also get one for their country as will most likely Inglis. Now run along little boy before you make an even bigger knob of yourself than you already have if that's at all possible.

t-ba

Post Whore
He got selected for Origin I but failed the fitness test...And then kicked your a*ses the next week.

*Edit*: Good luck Melbourne. Failing a massive flagellation either way, this weekend proves nothing. It's how deep both The Storm and Orford get into September that are the major issue imo.

Ice777

Bench
t-ba said:
He got selected for Origin I but failed the fitness test...And then kicked your a*ses the next week.

*Edit*: Good luck Melbourne. Failing a massive flagellation either way, this weekend proves nothing. It's how deep both The Storm and Orford get into September that are the major issue imo.

Bottom line is that he hasn't played Origin and there's no gaurantee he ever will. Besides my main point of the argument was the knob effy said if you wear Storm colors you won't get a game in origin yet we had 4 reps this year. Myth busted.

As for Saturday night it should be a great game and i can't wait. Personally i couldn't care less what Orford does in the finals as he's not our worry anymore. But i will say that while he did have a good game against us last time, don't expect he'll get his own way again against a full strength Storm this week. Good luck ;-)

MONY

Juniors
agree, will be much different this time around with a full strength team and at Olympic... Hopefully Cronk can have another cracking game and lead us to a convincing victory.. I hope Crocker gets a game!

CharlieF

Juniors
MONY said:
agree, will be much different this time around with a full strength team and at Olympic... Hopefully Cronk can have another cracking game and lead us to a convincing victory.. I hope Crocker gets a game!

Don't forget that Manly were also missing Menzies, Kite, Bell and Stewart. This weeks game should give a better indication though, even with Kennedy out, Manly are more than capable of jagging a win.

Ice777

Bench
CharlieF said:
Don't forget that Manly were also missing Menzies, Kite, Bell and Stewart. This weeks game should give a better indication though, even with Kennedy out, Manly are more than capable of jagging a win.

We know that manly were missing those players, but we aren't talking about the teams performance as a whole in Rd 11, we're talking about Orford's alone which was very good. You blokes missing those players had no bearing on whether he played well or not that night, but us missing our boys did and that's our point. With those blokes back there's no way he'll have such an easy time of it and i'm sure he and everyone else including you knows it.

Now getting back to the team perspective. You're right when you say this game will give a better indication than what the first game did and of course Manly can jag the win. But in saying that they'll have to bring their very best game to do that to do that.

effnic

Bench
Ice777 said:
This is what happens when you let children near the computer. Let this be a lesson to us all and i think it's quite obvious why this effknuckle effnic has just come back from a 3 month ban.

So you reckon if you play for the Storm you have no chance of playing Origin hey? Now let me see, Smith, Inglis, King, Johnson represented their state and that's only this year. How many other teams besides Brisbane had more reps than us effwit? Not to mention if not suspended Crocker would've walked into the Queensland side as selectors made quite clear and also the likes of Hill, Slater, Geyer have also worn the maroon or blue jersey.

Now let me get this straight once more. You said players can't get a game at origin level if they play for the Storm? Forgive me for asking again but i'm just having a hard time getting over your stupidity. Once again you've just proven to everyone what an idiot you really are. I've just named 7 players that have played origin while playing for the Storm including 4 this year. The ONLY reason why orford has never played origin is because he hasn't been good enough and it's as simple as that. When he got a game in City V Country he choked on the big stage and blew any chance he had of playing for NSW and everyone knows it.

Now, since Ox left the Storm to play origin, how did he go with that this year? He must have been pretty quiet and played average because i can't even remember seeing him. Not only can King and Smith get a game for their states, they'll also get one for their country as will most likely Inglis. Now run along little boy before you make an even bigger knob of yourself than you already have if that's at all possible.
Do you ever and i mean EVER get to the point, you waste all your time writing that and i read 1 line and fall asleep. But i did notice one thing congratulations on not adding a :lol: symbol at the end your learning.

Ice777

Bench
Sorry effy i forgot you have trouble reading more than a couple of sentences at once or anything other than a comic. If in fact you didn't read it which i higly doubt, i basically just shot your ridiculous post about Storm players not being able to make origin down in flames, made you out to be the effwit you are if you hadn't already done so and pretty much owned you. I'm surprised you never added your mandatory AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA like you do with all your other posts.

Keep up those reading lessons effy, you'll be able to read things without pictures in no time :lol:...:lol:...:lol:...:lol:...:lol:

effnic said:
Do you ever and i mean EVER get to the point, you waste all your time writing that and i read 1 line and fall asleep. But i did notice one thing congratulations on not adding a :lol: symbol at the end your learning.
Thats "You're learning".

Imbecile.
:lol:

:sch:

ortz18

Juniors
Mike hate to burst your bubble, but 'you're' is only used when you abbreviate you are. So instead of saying you are wrong, it is you're wrong.

MONY

Juniors
ortz18 said:
Mike hate to burst your bubble, but 'you're' is only used when you abbreviate you are. So instead of saying you are wrong, it is you're wrong.

No Ortz, Mike is absolutely correct. Your is used when describing something that belongs to someone or something. ie a possesive adjective.

You're is an abbreviation of you are which in Mike's post was 100% correct.

You are wrong and You're wrong are both acceptable.

Sorry to burst your bubble Ortz :crazy:

Ice777

Bench
Dead right Mike and Mony. You're or you're can both be used and they're both more than acceptable. "Your" in the context it was used by effknuckle is just plain wrong. Oh and another thing you were right about Mike is that effie is an imbecile of the highest order.

Consider YOUR bubble well and truly burst Ortz ;-)

Jasestorm

Juniors
CharlieF said:

I'll take your Menzies, Bell, Kite and Stewart and raise you Slater, Inglis, Crocker, C. Smith, Johnson, King, Scott missing from the Melbourne side at Brookvale.

BTW, Stewart played. He made 14 runs for 85 metres; 4 tackles; 4 missed tackles; 1 offload and 2 errors.

MONY said:
No Ortz, Mike is absolutely correct. Your is used when describing something that belongs to someone or something. ie a possesive adjective.

You're is an abbreviation of you are which in Mike's post was 100% correct.

You are wrong and You're wrong are both acceptable.

Sorry to burst your bubble Ortz :crazy:
Thanks Mony.

I reread it after Ortz's reply to reasure my accuracy was in fact intact. :D

(knowing my luck I probably spelt imbecile wrong :lol:)