What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

storm vs dragons

Here you go mate. Ignore Kia, absolutely no idea at all.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=354753

Touchy are we ??...obviously your view is correct in all instances.

My point is that if the game is marketed correctly then supporters and non NRL fans will go as well...Melbourne public will go to anything and there is nothing else on in Melbourne on Friday.

Showing it live could compromise the potential to draw a good crowd...

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Not at all. I considered your comment "no point in showing it live into Melbourne when true supporters will actually be at the game" silly and very short sighted considering Melbourne Storm are and have been trying to gain exposue in Victoria &Melbourne since their inception.

Why miss an opportunity to broadcast the best code in this country to all of Victoria and hopefully expose them to what could be one of the best games of the year. People are more lkely to sit at home and watch a new code for the first time, rather than forking out $$$ on a product they have likely not tried.

Jono1987

Juniors
I knew your blokes had one eye on this game. I mean otherwise you would have put the Panthers to the sword...right? Anyway I look forward to the game, but fully expect us to win.

to_ddeath

Coach
I'm not so confident despite the fact we are playing great footy right now.
Expect the drizzle to step up for this & have a big one, as per usual...home penalties
will help as well..
Probably better to play them now as opposed to later in the season pre-finals...
Our dismal record in Melbourne has to turn around once in a while however, & we got very
close in Round 1 last season...
Toss of the coin job really. We need to get ahead on the scoreboard early and first
to stay in the contest for the remainder. You'll never get ahead playing catch up against this
mob.
May the best side win.

T.

grandorient

Bench
I know that the scum have a supporters group in Melbourne but I doubt that there will be a scum function after the game ??.

Scum, SCUM. I didn't realise the Sharks were playing in Melbourne.

kia ora, wash your mouth out with soap (or something stronger). Hmph

GO

Nevan_

First Grade
yeah travelling down to Melb to watch the Dragons, Ist time @ Etihad Stadium whats its like as a venue. Anyone know if there would be a Dragons supporters function after the game being Good Friday??????

It's a horrible venue for Rugby League.

Hang on ??...did I wander into the Dragons forum ??.:?

Will be running back to some quality discussion in the Storm room in a second...

Last edited:

tezzah

Juniors
Has got to be possibly the game of the round? Two juggernaut teams with explosive power and pace... be another close game I hope. Storms 3 away wins from 3- finally with a home crowd and hopefully great home crowd support

to_ddeath

Coach
I didnt even notice that there was any quality discussions in here...excuse our ignorance, it did say " storm v dragons" after all didnt it??...so therefore it should be perfectly normal for us to comment on it should it not??

Last edited:

Mark Rudd

Juniors
30,000+ would be a great turn out. For putting this game on Good Friday in Melbourne, the NRL should've pumped mega bucks at advertising this game.

Common sence and NRL dont always go together though...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
yeah travelling down to Melb to watch the Dragons, Ist time @ Etihad Stadium whats its like as a venue. Anyone know if there would be a Dragons supporters function after the game being Good Friday??????

www.mbds.com.au

can't go wrong there..

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Touchy are we ??...obviously your view is correct in all instances.

It was with that point, you made the ignorant comment that there would probably be no post match function for Saints fans, yet there is. And just for good measure there's a pre-game function. We don't need News Limited, the NRL or Robert Finch and Co. helping us, holding our hand, feathering our nest, all for the sake of 'growing the game' in Melbourne/Victoria.....

Big Norm

barney838

Juniors
Any one know if they are selling alcohol at the game? I didn't think of it until a mate asked me because of good friday.

It was with that point, you made the ignorant comment that there would probably be no post match function for Saints fans, yet there is. And just for good measure there's a pre-game function. We don't need News Limited, the NRL or Robert Finch and Co. helping us, holding our hand, feathering our nest, all for the sake of 'growing the game' in Melbourne/Victoria.....

Big Norm

Trolling a bit late...why would Storm supporters care about a Dragons post match function in the first instance ??.

Really can't be bothered replying to your tired, many years too late dribble re News limited.

j0nesy

Bench
Should be a good match. A shame I can't get down there though and fecking ch9 not playing it live is Sydney is a farce. Dragons by 11 :)