What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm: We'll outsell Sydney game

eels_fan_01

Bench
Beaches Boy said:
Listen c**k head stop being a keyboard hero, I don't agree with you at all. I will agree to disagree, cause I just can't be bothered dealing with the brain dead.

You havent given one valid reason why i was wrong and all you have done is talk sh*t.

So you cant be bothered dealing with the brain dead? Why because its like looking into a mirror?

Moffo

Referee
eels_fan_01 said:
You havent given one valid reason why i was wrong and all you have done is talk sh*t.

So you cant be bothered dealing with the brain dead? Why because its like looking into a mirror?

get a room guys

Stormboyz said:
Limited to only 200 giveaways.
I think we'll get 35,000 there to be honest. There's a lot of coverage down here this week. people are actually excited.

Sounds good. What is the vibe like?

Stormboyz

Juniors
International RL said:
Sounds good. What is the vibe like?
Considering the big ticket in town is the Geelong vs Collingwood match, I'm truly surprised at the level of interest here. I've noticed a lot this season, that after a game I'll be walking through the city in my jersey and people will stop and ask how the Storm went.
I think if the AFL match tomorrow night is a fizzer, then we may get 40k.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Beaches Boy said:
Try to explain this to eels_fan_01 plz;-)

Easy it was at the SFS on a Friday night, you see some people actually work and it is very hard to get to on a Friday night. Still should have gotten more i agree but that was a major factor.

ByRd

First Grade
Friday night at SFS was pathetic and dumb scheduling by the NRL, if it was on a Saturday night it would of gotten 35k easily, thats why they got rid of it and when back to sat night and sunday afternoon.

doglyf said:
Friday night at SFS was pathetic and dumb scheduling by the NRL, if it was on a Saturday night it would of gotten 35k easily, thats why they got rid of it and when back to sat night and sunday afternoon.

Bloody pandering to TV...glad to see commonsense prevailed. I love the sunday arvo prelim final. possibly my fav game of the year.

Stormboyz said:
Limited to only 200 giveaways.
I think we'll get 35,000 there to be honest. There's a lot of coverage down here this week. people are actually excited.

I wouldn't have said there is a lot of coverage of the storm so far...apart from the CEOs spat there has barely been anything, IMO the coverage in Melbourne this week has been:

1. Chris Judd returning to Melbourne

2. Geelong vs Collingwood Prelim

3. Port Adeladie vs Kangaroos Prelim

4. Twenty20 cricket
5. Melbourne Storm vs Parra Prelim

6. Rugby World Cup

yakstorm

First Grade
Should be a good atmosphere in Melbourne now, less than 2,500 seats left on the bottom 2 levels and already Category 1 tickets are selling onto Level 3.

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Collingwood Storm said:
I wouldn't have said there is a lot of coverage of the storm so far...apart from the CEOs spat there has barely been anything, IMO the coverage in Melbourne this week has been:

Thankfully for the storm the collingwood and geelong game(sold out in two days..afl fans are nuts) is on friday night so that should free up some space for some media attention.

I've got my tickets for sunday and hope to see a good win from the storm boys. Hopefully we get some more coverage GF week but im not holding my breath, especially if its an all Vic Grand final in the AFL. It's a shame because this team has earned some decent publicity.

Collingwood Storm said:

Balanced offerings as always from the Storm's number 1 supporter....

Hutty1986

Immortal
Most Victorians would go to see the opening of an envelope.
This game is potentially a classic. I hope it sells out!

Stormboyz

Juniors
Collingwood Storm said:

3. Port Adeladie vs Kangaroos Prelim

4. Twenty20 cricket
5. Melbourne Storm vs Parra Prelim

6. Rugby World Cup
Maybe I got excited and played it up a bit but I disagree with the NRL prelim being beaten by Port vs Roos and the Mickey Mouse 20/20 comp.

Ice777

Bench
Stormboyz said:
Maybe I got excited and played it up a bit but I disagree with the NRL prelim being beaten by Port vs Roos and the Mickey Mouse 20/20 comp.

A agree with that, i don't think the coverage for the Storm has been too bad down here so far. We've been getting on average 2 full pages this week so it's nowhere near as dire as what Collingwoodstorm would like people to believe.

You only have to open up the back page of todays herald sun to see a big photo of Billy and the accompanying article which takes up 3/4 of a page. Not to mention yesterday the same page had a big picture of Cooper Cronk with an article as well. Not bad Storm having 2 days in a row taking up the second page of sport in the biggest selling newspaper in Australia if you aske me.

LESStar58

Referee
yakstorm said:
Should be a good atmosphere in Melbourne now, less than 2,500 seats left on the bottom 2 levels and already Category 1 tickets are selling onto Level 3.

so about 30, 000 or so thus far? Can't see how level 3 can hold more than 20K.

*shrugs*

BuffaloRules

Coach
Have there been any reports this week about the Storm on the Melbourne television news, or is thas still too much to ask??

Ice777

Bench
BuffaloRules said:
Have there been any reports this week about the Storm on the Melbourne television news, or is thas still too much to ask??

I've seen little snippets pretty much every night on at least one station and a couple of nights i've seen them on 2 or 3 so it is getting coverage on the news. Albeit in small quantities.

Latest posts