What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
yeah i do love that whole argument that we didn't beat the storm last year, so we aren't premiers..

but we also didn't beat the raiders last year... and i'm pretty sure there was one more team that we didn't beat..

Tim Smith

Juniors
What staggers me is the early season leg up for the Storm with 4 of the first 5 games at home...how can that be fair for other teams when early season momentum does help a team build into the season...we always hear about the salary cap designed to bring teams closer together and then a favourable draw benefits one over the other..seeing the ladder as it stands tonight we are in good shape with only one home game so far (SCG) and three away wins...Brisbane too have had 3 at home one down the road at Robina and one interstae trip to Canberra...so to be up the top with both of them is a great effort by the boys so far...now for two huge grudge matches against Souths and Roosters.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What staggers me is the early season leg up for the Storm with 4 of the first 5 games at home...how can that be fair for other teams when early season momentum does help a team build into the season...

i see your 4 home games for the storm and raise you 4 away games for the dragons (5 if you count the SCG)..

Minh

First Grade
We were the best team all year last year and for most of 2009, that's why the opposition refer to us as the "benchmark" nuff said.

big pat

Coach
What staggers me is the early season leg up for the Storm with 4 of the first 5 games at home...how can that be fair for other teams when early season momentum does help a team build into the season...we always hear about the salary cap designed to bring teams closer together and then a favourable draw benefits one over the other..seeing the ladder as it stands tonight we are in good shape with only one home game so far (SCG) and three away wins...Brisbane too have had 3 at home one down the road at Robina and one interstae trip to Canberra...so to be up the top with both of them is a great effort by the boys so far...now for two huge grudge matches against Souths and Roosters.

don't worry too much, of the last 10 games, we have 7 home games, which is just as important heading towards the finals.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Souths, Roosters, Parra, Cowboys (at home. wherever that is), Dogs - BYE.

I say we win the next 3. That would make us 7-1. Split one between the Dogs & Cows & I'm calling that, at worst, we are 8-2 at our first bye.

Lets not forget we have 6 of our last 9 in the Gong. lets not forget we have been on the road for 2 months already.

We've already set our season up.

InThatNumber

Juniors
yeah i do love that whole argument that we didn't beat the storm last year, so we aren't premiers..

but we also didn't beat the raiders last year... and i'm pretty sure there was one more team that we didn't beat..
Panthers got us after Origin and the return of Gaz (1st game back)...

Raiders, thorn in our side for a decade which I just don't get...still we didn't lose to Brisbane in 2006 and that included a final in Brisbane, but they got the trophy... doubt they would care just as I don't that we didn't roll the Raiders last year... Defending Premiers BABY!!!!!

saints4ever

First Grade
Sorry guys, probably should clear my points up a bit.

-I meant to say Melbourne were the defending premiers last year (which they shouldnt have been)

-I was meaning to say the match against them in rnd 24 this year is huge IMO for the simple reason of the farkwit supporters around me on a daily basis asking how my tarnished and manufactured premiership feels. That it took for a team to be eliminated from competing for the Dragons to finally win. The comments don't bother me, I was there of GF day and will never forget the moment as long as I live. These "fans" range from dogs, rabbits and tigers nuff said.

-Even Slater and Smith last year made smart ass comments before the finals series that whoever wins wouldn't have to play them.

To summarize, I HATE Melbourne (in my top three besides dogs and souths) and in no way was I meaning to insinuate there is doubt we arent as good or as deserving of the title as the Storm, (pre or post cheating). Melbourne have been scum since their 98 inception, last years coming out party proved it. The match in rnd 24 will be the reigning premiers and champions of the world versus the (hopefully) first fair Storm team in years. We will be up for it as will they. I think our boys will feel the significance too, but I could be wrong.

In the weeks leading up to it the may be no hair or hide of anyone mentioning anything of the sort. It may be billed as just another heavyweight clash, but I dont think so.

Will the Dragons say publicly they want this one bad? Probably not. But then again they all said the chokers tag didnt bother them either

saints4ever

First Grade
Souths, Roosters, Parra, Cowboys (at home. wherever that is), Dogs - BYE.

I say we win the next 3. That would make us 7-1. Split one between the Dogs & Cows & I'm calling that, at worst, we are 8-2 at our first bye.

Lets not forget we have 6 of our last 9 in the Gong. lets not forget we have been on the road for 2 months already.

We've already set our season up.

Im calling easy top four, top two at least if injuries and origin are kind

Tim Smith

Juniors
Thanks big pat...I was not whinging about our draw as our lack of home games was of our own doing in getting both grounds revamped...it is more to do with the equality for the whole league as Storm get an early roll on while others can almost forget 2011 after just 5 rounds...it just seems mismanaged to me...I am glad we have done so well early on...I was fearful of so many away games to start the season and the uncertainty of Bennett, Boyd and who else might go. Now we know where Bennett is going, most of our future stars are wrapped up, Boyd will be missed but not irreplaceable and we are in great shape for 2011 defense of the title...happy days

big pat

Coach
the storm are lying cheating pricks, shame they can't f**k off, but thats life, some teams could be feeling the pinch after origin, and its good to know, that we can finish with so many home games, some teams won't relish travelling to wollongong, just on bennett, you could see with the defensive effort against the knights and the hunger they had for the dogs, they will be hell bent on sending wayne out a winner.

Cagey Mac

Bench
the storm are lying cheating pricks, shame they can't f**k off, but thats life, some teams could be feeling the pinch after origin, and its good to know, that we can finish with so many home games, some teams won't relish travelling to wollongong, just on bennett, you could see with the defensive effort against the knights and the hunger they had for the dogs, they will be hell bent on sending wayne out a winner.

Don't hold back Pat :D

Devoted Dragon

Juniors

sh*t yeah !! I agree so much. They should be kicked out of the comp for what they did. Ruining genuine fair teams CHANCES who played by the salary cap rules struggling week in week out with injuries and they just spend up behind closed doors luring all the good players giving them free gifts and god knows what else. Seems like everything I say lately gets moderated by bronco moderators whilst they are allowed to say im a dope cause I live in byron bay and they live in dirty old bronco town. Lets see if that gets MODERATED ! :lol:

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
No they weren't. Not last year, or the year before, or the year before, or the year before that... Correct.No, the facts seem to have alluded you again. The Storm were not premiers. Not last year, or the year before, or the year before, or the year before that... I get the insinuation - and there's a "but" coming in your post where you think the Storm would have won if they weren't caught with two (or was it three?) sets of books. That's your opinion. IMO we would have defeated a cheating Storm. lol. Wet sail? We won the minor premiership, the premiership and the world club trophy, along with every other trophy that was on offer. Grand Final: 32-8. 26-0 in the second half. We killed 'em.
Not in my opinion.

As hard as it is for some to accept it, the Storm cheated and were disqualified.

The asterix things comes from a few opposition supporters who were death riding us. Sore losers are to be expected.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the opposition says. Look at the scoreboard.
We have nothing to prove to the Storm. They're the ones that need to redeem themselves. It'll be another game and it's there to be won or lost.

We were the best team on (and off) the field all year in 2010. Even with a cheating Storm sooking away in the background.

To summarise: There are no doubts. We won the comp. We're the best.

The storm cheats owe it " morally " to rugby league in general. What they did is an embaressment to the game as a whole. I'd be ashamed to wear the storm jersey or wave its flag.

big pat

Coach
The storm cheats owe it " morally " to rugby league in general. What they did is an embaressment to the game as a whole. I'd be ashamed to wear the storm jersey or wave its flag.

yet their f**kwit supporters think they did nothing wrong.:crazy: