What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Seems like everything I say lately gets moderated by bronco moderators whilst they are allowed to say im a dope cause I live in byron bay and they live in dirty old bronco town. Lets see if that gets MODERATED ! :lol:
Dirty hippy.

Oh yeah, you've been moderated. :D

hardbaby

Coach
The Storm suck dead dogs balls. We all know it. But I am focused on this season now and I reckon they look the business. Sure home games help. Sure the quality of the opposition is down. But I have seen every game they have played this year and they are red hot.

There are some absolute champions in that team and they would be stinging to win this year. Smith (surely the best player in the world) and Slater are playing the best footy of their lives. Cronk looks good. Widdop will end up a lot better player than Finch ever was. Best spine in the comp by far. All their forwards play tough. Speed out wide. Great coach.

Dragons-Storm grand final this year. We'll need a Soward field goal on the siren to win it.

stormbati

Bench
They played with 14 players in the last 10 minutes
Some prick called Harrigan won the game for them

Not Harrigan, Chris Ward :p
Back on topic. We don't have the players to grind out like we use to imo. I think the most important player in the matchup would be Cameron Smith, he's the player the Dragons don't have. Boyd is your Slater, Soward is your Cronk, but Smith is the key for us.
We are still a work in progress and hopefully come round 24, we're a lot stronger outfit and can match the Dragons. Especially up front.

dragondad

First Grade
We shouldn't be torturing ourselves over 99 but Harrigan's refereeing in the second half affected us more; Nikau's over aggression which wasn't pulled up and the forward pass that led to a try. At the ground, I felt that Chris Ward was always going to give the penalty try.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It wasn't just the one incident. It's myth that Saints supporters were blaming the penalty try, most accepted that decision.

There were a dozen other incidents including the forward pass (led to a cheater's try), Wishart being taken out in a classic head high (led to a cheater's try) and cheater players generally getting a free rein in the ruck. They would have penalised out of the game by any other ref.

No surprise that years later, the cheaters were still trying to have a special set of rules just for themselves.

Gaba

First Grade
Also there were reports that the touch judge was trying to tell harrigan to check for the offside from smith

Harrigan ignored the touch judge and only check for the penalty try

If harrigan asked for the replay of whether smith was onside was the big factor, if he was offside there would be no penalty try

Willow

Assistant Moderator
there are no hippies in byron bay tool. just rich developers and locals. and the odd farkwit from sydney tourist wanna be.
I was down there about two weeks ago - helping the local economy.

Had lunch on balcony bar at the roundabout. Great spot. And great idea when I saw long necks of carlton draught in ice buckets. So I ordered one. They came back and said the beer was warm but they'll put ice in the bucket. Yep, only warm beer. Someone forgot to fill up the fridge. lol. Suffice to say, I stuck with the water.

Dragon David

First Grade
Definitely not a good look particularly when it is alleged that the women wasn't even known to this Tui guy. Are a few of the wheels falling off the Storms wheel of fortune? Their culture seems to be changing for the worse. With Finucaine gone, the players will miss his off the field persona.