What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

strongest 17 for 2015

alien

Referee
i think:

1. inglis
2. johnston
3. auva'a
4. walker
5. tuqiri (if he stays)/goodwin
6. keary
7. reynolds
13. stewart
12. sutton
11. mcqueen
10. tyrrell
9. luke
8. george burgess

14. thomas burgess
15. clarke
16. turner
17. grant

GI Cordial

Juniors
i think:

1. inglis
2. johnston
3. auva'a
4. walker
5. tuqiri (if he stays)/Sam Manuleleua
6. keary
7. reynolds
13. stewart
12. sutton
11. mcqueen
10. tyrrell
9. luke
8. george burgess

14. thomas burgess
15. clarke
16. turner
17. grant

Sam Manuleleua is going to be a gun winger no 5 already selected in the Junior Kiwis. He is already been training with the boys.

alien

Referee
Sam Manuleleua is going to be a gun winger no 5 already selected in the Junior Kiwis. He is already been training with the boys.

oh good

off topic. i heard norths will not be souths' feeder club in the nsw cup next year, so will there be a souths team in the nsw cup next year???

Rabbits20

Immortal
That team looks spot on to me Alien.

For back up in backs we will have Gray, Manuleleau, Hughes, Goolagong and we still will have Reddy.

There is some good young depth in our backs.

For the halves back up there will be Cody Walker, Sutton and Dylan could also play there next year.

For the forwards we will have L. Burgess, Grevshmul and possibly Lowe if he goes 1 more year.

Does anyone know if we have young forwards coming through who may be ready to play off interchange if needed?

I reckon Madge will look to sign another forward for some more depth. Possibly 2 if we can afford it.

We still have some reasonable depth next year.

rabbitohs95

Bench
That team looks spot on to me Alien.

For back up in backs we will have Gray, Manuleleau, Hughes, Goolagong and we still will have Reddy.

There is some good young depth in our backs.

For the halves back up there will be Cody Walker, Sutton and Dylan could also play there next year.

For the forwards we will have L. Burgess, Grevshmul and possibly Lowe if he goes 1 more year.

Does anyone know if we have young forwards coming through who may be ready to play off interchange if needed?

I reckon Madge will look to sign another forward for some more depth. Possibly 2 if we can afford it.

We still have some reasonable depth next year.

We have Cheyne Whitelaw and Tulsa Saumamao who are promising young forwards in the 20's although they might need a few more years to develop. I agree we might have to get a few more forwards for depth, definitely re-sign Ben Lowe.

GI Cordial

Juniors
Sounds good, who is responsible for his signing, did Grant Jones have a hand in it?

Don't know stats below.

• Date of Birth: 20-10-1994
  • Height: 190cm
  • Weight: 101kg
  • Position: Wing
  • Rep. Honours: Junior Kiwis (2014); Auckland Pride
  • Junior Clubs: Mt Wellington Warriors

Sam Manuleleua joined the Rabbitohs' under 20s squad in 2014 from Parramatta. A tall and powerful outside back, Manuleleua will be pushing a spot in the Rabbitohs backline this year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't know stats below.

• Date of Birth: 20-10-1994
  • Height: 190cm
  • Weight: 101kg
  • Position: Wing
  • Rep. Honours: Junior Kiwis (2014); Auckland Pride
  • Junior Clubs: Mt Wellington Warriors

Sam Manuleleua joined the Rabbitohs' under 20s squad in 2014 from Parramatta. A tall and powerful outside back, Manuleleua will be pushing a spot in the Rabbitohs backline this year.

Manuleleua may be similar to Tupou from the Roosters.

Seems like he has the height, probably great speed and power as well.

Galeforce

Bench
I think Grant will be a starting prop and Tyrell on the bench .Also would plug for Stewart on the bench and start with Turner.
Also would like to get Luke B into the side , as when he has minimised his errors his work rate is good.
Interesting to see how Madge manages the team for next year and especially how/which young forwards he brings into the team.

souths_pride

Juniors
I think Grant will be a starting prop and Tyrell on the bench .Also would plug for Stewart on the bench and start with Turner.
Also would like to get Luke B into the side , as when he has minimised his errors his work rate is good.
Interesting to see how Madge manages the team for next year and especially how/which young forwards he brings into the team.

It wouldn't surprise me if Madge converted Tim Grant to a lock and and got him playing slightly wider in a Burgess-eque role. If you look at their physique's, they're both very similar; theyve both very mobile and powerful runners. If Grant can make the same sort of runs and isolate smaller players in the defensive line, he could well be the buy of the year. He may not have the same workrate of Burgess but he definitely has quality from what I saw when he was at Penrith and played for NSW. I'm not expecting him to be Sam Burgess, but he definitely has the potential to be an origin and test player for sure.

drago brelli

Bench
Souths will make the four in '15. The big improvers will be Brisbane, Penrith, Canterbury and Parramatta. Easts, Melbourne and North Queensland will be a threat as well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It wouldn't surprise me if Madge converted Tim Grant to a lock and and got him playing slightly wider in a Burgess-eque role. If you look at their physique's, they're both very similar; theyve both very mobile and powerful runners. If Grant can make the same sort of runs and isolate smaller players in the defensive line, he could well be the buy of the year. He may not have the same workrate of Burgess but he definitely has quality from what I saw when he was at Penrith and played for NSW. I'm not expecting him to be Sam Burgess, but he definitely has the potential to be an origin and test player for sure.

Yeah I think Grant is a decent buy. I think Madge will get him playing very good footy.

I think he has a good work rate too.

No doubt his goal will be to get into really good form and contribute well to Souths and he will also be hoping in the next couple of years he can push for origin selection.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
oh good

off topic. i heard norths will not be souths' feeder club in the nsw cup next year, so will there be a souths team in the nsw cup next year???

Souths will partner with Melbourne Storm in the NSW Cup next year since Cronulla who had an arrangement with Melbourne will have Newtown as their NSW Cup team and the Roosters Wyong Roos.

i dont know how this works when NRL sides partner up with other NRL sides in NSW CUP though as one would assume you want you reggies to play a similair style of game to your NRL side when you need to bring players up to the NRL - The other NRL side will then know the way you play??.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors

good to see Souffs having so much confidence in their juniors they sign players from other NRL Clubs - mmm Grant/Stewart this dude plus how many others- the great myth of the NRL Souffs Juniors :lol:

Rabbits20

Immortal
NRL updated strongest Souths team for round 1 2015 a couple of days ago. This is it:

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dylan Walker
4. Bryson Goodwin
5. Joel Reddy
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Dave Tyrrell
11. Chris McQueen
12. John Sutton (C)
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jason Clark
15. Kyle Turner
16. Tim Grant
17. Tom Burgess

I would then have on standby:

18. Luke Burgess
19. Chris Grevshmul
20. Aaron Gray

Also if Ben Lowe plays on next year which I think he will. He will be pushing for a bench spot too.

Outside those 20 players named we still have solid depth with good youngsters waiting for an opportunity if guys don't perform.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would like to see Lote play on 1 more year like most of us would.

But in the next 2 weeks I think he'll announce his retirement.

Franko

Juniors

I really liked what I saw from him in the semi final this year against the Tigers. Reminded me a lot of a young Josh Mansour.