What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strongest French Lineup

langpark

First Grade
6 years of working towards it and a lot of luck and it hardly the most unrealistic ambition of all time. Still very unlikely but what is wrong with aiming high?
Nothing at all, everyone should aim high. I'm just saying a lot of those other 'second tier' nations are also improving at a rapid rate themselves, not to mention the big 3. Hence why top 2 might be aiming just a bit too high.

jim_57

Staff member
Nothing at all, everyone should aim high. I'm just saying a lot of those other 'second tier' nations are also improving at a rapid rate themselves, not to mention the big 3. Hence why top 2 might be aiming just a bit too high.

True, but I tend to look at it as if they think that on any particular day they could beat one of the big 3, even if it's a very long shot that should be the goal.

I guess really top 2 they might as well aim to win it which technically every team should hope for.

Look at the 4 Nations last year, Samoa nearly overturned NZ, who's to say in 6 (even 2) years time that one of the big 3 couldn't get overturned in the semi finals of the World Cup.

Storm13

Juniors
I think we will see the first upset at the next world cup. Will go with either Australia or England losing to one of the Island nations.

JasonE

Bench
Fages and Gigot are a pretty exciting long term halves pairing for the future.

Last edited:

nadera78

Juniors
Gigot looks better at centre now than he ever did in the halves. Some quality coming through in France though, and we're finally seeing English clubs taking on not just pros but youngsters too.

Storm13

Juniors
Where was Gigot playing before he signed with Catalans?

Yaha has been great and to think he's only 18 years old :shock:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Where was Gigot playing before he signed with Catalans?

Yaha has been great and to think he's only 18 years old :shock:
Where as in what position or what club? I believe he was signed from Avignon but he's been all over the place, he was with Cronulla's reserve grade in 2013 and was signed by London Broncos last year but didn't last long, I think that was his second spell at the club too. I think most people had written him off/forgotten about him after that so it's great to see him bounce back in the way he has done. Remy Marginet is another who was signed by London, disappeared without really playing for them and has resurfaced years later looking like a far better player.

Storm13

Juniors
Was talking about which club. Last I remembered he was with Cronulla and heard about London but didn't hear much about him in the last year, was just surprised how well he has fit right back into SL like he had never left.

Anyone have any ideas on why these English clubs have finally started to look at French players all of a sudden?