What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart Fielden

Kris_man

Bench
*bump*

i've seen Fielden play a couple of tests now, and i have to say, i think he's overrated. i don't think he is the answer to our problems. then again, he was playing test footy, at which is much harder to shine.

greeneyed

First Grade
Kris.... I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning when I watched the Britain v NZ Tri series match. He coughed up the ball and did nothing special with gaining forward dominance, it seemed to me. I haven't seen the stats, but I'd be very surprised if he got much in the way of metres....

Prodigiousman

Juniors
People... if we sign Fielden and we won't baring a miracle, he will be the best signing we could possibly have made in the past 5 years. You don't win the big games without dominant props, he is a dominant prop.

but we won't get him* so don't talk him down! he's a proverbial gun.

* baring a miracle! i gotta hold out that tiny smidgen of hope...

greeneyed

First Grade
I have not seen a lot of him. Only his performance in Tests. But in the Tests he has been nothing like Morley, for example, in terms of dominance.....

Kris_man

Bench
or compare him to the Australian props like Webcke, O'Meley and Mason, or the Kiwi props like Asotasi, Rauhihi and even Alex Chan (f**k, we should have made some sort of effort to sign this guy earlier in the year). i'm not saying Fielden isn't a good player, 'cos i haven't seen him enough to judge, i'm just saying that from what i've seen in the Tri-Nations, he's not worth his hype.

Bullseye

Juniors
Kris_man said:
or compare him to the Australian props like Webcke, O'Meley and Mason, or the Kiwi props like Asotasi, Rauhihi and even Alex Chan (f**k, we should have made some sort of effort to sign this guy earlier in the year). i'm not saying Fielden isn't a good player, 'cos i haven't seen him enough to judge, i'm just saying that from what i've seen in the Tri-Nations, he's not worth his hype.

He's been well p***** off with his form this year and in the Tri Nations. On form he's streets ahead of anyone over here and most in the NRL. Only Webcke is better IMO.

Kris_man

Bench
OK, the Tri-Nations is over. 48 hours before i lose all hope of getting Stuart Fielden for '05. btw, another ordinary performance by the man in the Tri-Nations final. get him, not get him...meh.

greeneyed

First Grade
I agree with you Kris. Their forwards looked awful against the Australians... even Morley.... I think the English simply choked....

Kris_man

Bench
i've never liked that word, "choke". the British were simply not good enough. Darren Lockyer murdered them - they don't have anyone remotely near him in talent.

greeneyed

First Grade
Their forwards just didn't measure up, while the Kangaroos forwards were awesome right from the kick off... the English produced numerous handling errors as well, plus the backchatting and other penalties.... I am sure that they choked. And without the stupendous go forward, Lockyer wouldn't have had the room to do what he did... which was spectacular.

SOULS 04

Juniors
the fieldon story is starting to fizzle

tri nations is over and no announcement yet

not looking good

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought he played OK in a pack that was soundly thrashed

You could do worse

Kris_man

Bench
Stuart Fielden, it's a shame we didn't get him :( . he would have fitted right in here with his high level of mediocrity

Latest posts