What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart new Aussie coach, Murray new NSW coach

Fairfax

Juniors
Steelers4eva said:
Exactly Dodge, Wouldn't be surprised to see Freddy or Ricko get a call up from retirement ;-) He managed to poach Anasta during this years SOO series so I wonder who Ricky will get his sticky mitts on next! Which of the Kangaroos are due off contract at the end of this season?

Hmmm, how did Hodges get back to the Broncos?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fairfax said:
And Tate deseved to be in the side after his season? You've got to be kidding.

:lol: Because all the Roosters who made rep teams deserved it this year :roll:

You seem to forget that Brisbane spent most of the year at the top while Easts barely managed to crack the eight.

Iafeta

Referee
Misty Bee said:
I have no problems with ricky Stuart as a coach.

I do have a problem with the ARL appointing a head coach who wants to clip international League so his club doesn't have 'burned out' players.

Wayne Bennet also spoke ofplayer burnout - yet he promoted the Tri Series. Yet 2 weeks ago, Stuart was advocating cancellation of the next Tri Series. So his appointment is sort of like letting an anti smoker run a tobacconist.

Good point.

I hope Wayne Bennett stays involved with International League in some way - he was a great promoter of International league and its importance.

aids

Bench
i'm a usual bennet basher, but i belive the efforts he made for international league were great.
make him the head of the internation football board for life.
it's a good thing he stood aside though.

i'm suprised gould wasn't given the job, but i guess stuart is close enough.

anyone know who city origin coach will be?

nqboy

First Grade
What happened to the bit where the ARL weren't going to decide for a few months?

It's not what you know, it's who you blow.

Jono078

Referee
Sounds good to me.

Will be interesting to see his first Austrlian lineup in the ANZAC test. Wouldnt be suprised if Cross gets a spot, not that he is a bad player though.

Also Ricky likes Young and Creagh, so expect to see them in a Roos jersey soon aswell.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Crying Ryan Cross was overlooked by Stuart, as he was by Gus, yet had he been around, Ricky says, they make the 8 LOL.. Must be something special then.

Not to get picked for SOO, yet single handedly, cost them a place in the 8 LOL.

Super coach.. Coaches the Roosters minimal injuries this season, possibly there best injury run since the year they won the Claytons Grand Final.

yet they could not make the TOP 8. Yet they pay more for their players than any other club.

overpaid Hacks. Over rated..

yes Baby.. im back for today onleeeee.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
taxidriver said:
plenty of more deserving coaches.

but he wanted it, he asked his bosses, and got the job..

Nick runs the RRL, the NRL, the ARL, the REFS , Auditors. etc..

Wait till next year lol..

The Business

Juniors
skeepe said:
#-o

Possibly one of the most overrated coaches in the business.
A premiership, two other grand finals, a SOO series and a Jersey Flegg premiership all in his first four seasons as a coach.

Yep overrated.

The Business

Juniors
Steel Dragon said:
It should be a nice change to have a younger coach of the roos squad - with a bit of luck Stuart will bring in a few new fresh faces and cut back some dead wood.

Good to see Muzz get a bit of recognition too - I hope he does well.

But the day Brett Finch makes the Australian team, I will renounce my Australian citizenship!
Don't worry he's on the outer at the Roosters and will struggle to be in first grade. Unless the other 14 half backs are out injured he'll never play for Australia.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Business said:
Please explain Ricky's "wanker based selection process".

Any Roosters player selected for NSW except for maybe Minichiello based on 2005 form.

Misty Bee

First Grade
LOL at people lamenting Stuart replacing Wayne Bennet because the selection process will suddenly become biased....!!!!!

I wonder if Anasta hs a reasonable season - will Lockyer still be test pivot?

innsaneink

Referee
Graham Murray, coach of NSW ....who also coaches Nth Qld, many of whom will again make up the Qld origin squad......cant hurt.

melon....

Coach
Excellent news!!! Fewer Roosters in Origin...watch us kick arse...hang on we have Finch, and the idiot says Finch will play for Australia, you cant get picked from Reserve Grade can you?