What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart to Rebels

buck__naked

Juniors
I assume it has already been covered in here but I could find it anywhere.

On the radio this morning Mark Geyer said that he has heard word from a reliable source that Ricky will leave the club at the end of the year to take up an assistant coaching role at the Melbourne Rebel. This would most likely result in Brown signing with the sharks. Personally I think Stuart is a better coach than Brown but a change could be good just to shake things up a bit in the club.

mortz

heard this , also heard if browny comes it will turn the heads of a few players this way

carcharias

Immortal
heard this , also heard if browny comes it will turn the heads of a few players this way

like this?

spt_dragons030415,0.jpg

I tell you what ..our club is fuggen dreadful when it comes to winning shyte ..but geeze the Dragons have given us something to cheer about over the years.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I keep hearing Souths are after brown...i dont know if its for the top job but i know they are chasing him...if it is for the top job would the lang man come back to the sharks?

samshark

Juniors
Geyer has zero credibility for rumours and scoops. I am getting sick of some of the crap he goes on with. People make out he was some sort of Origin legend. FFS he played, what, 2 games and two test matches. He spent half his career in trouble and never realised his potential.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Geyer has zero credibility for rumours and scoops. I am getting sick of some of the crap he goes on with. People make out he was some sort of Origin legend. FFS he played, what, 2 games and two test matches. He spent half his career in trouble and never realised his potential.

Agreed.
Was speaking to Ramps a while ago about the same thing & compared Geyer to the likes of Bundi, Wynn, Lazo, Chief etc.
Geyer is/was a myth. 1 photo

Inferno

Coach
I keep hearing Souths are after brown...i dont know if its for the top job but i know they are chasing him...if it is for the top job would the lang man come back to the sharks?

Can't think why, I thing Lang is doing a great job for them at the moment. I don't remember a time they were playing footy this well.

That said I definitely wouldn't say no to Langy. He definitely knows how to coach, and none of his teams have ever struggled in attack.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If Brown went to Souths why wouldn't Lang just slot back into his coaching co ordinator role at Souths?

He's only coaching the NRL side because he was already on the payroll and unlike the Sharks, Souths weren't going to pay out a sacked coach as well as pay a brand new one.

Qld Shark

Juniors
It's funny how the same old rumors keep going around.
I was talking to a mate from Syd a ney yesterday, and the old "Gus has been approached to come out of retirement" story is doing the rounds....again.
Watching the Knights v Tigs last night, Gus was putting a bit of sh!t on Ray Warren as usual. A little while later, Rabs starts saying to Gus how Ricky had been talking Gus up in the paper, and how Gould had been helping out at Gymea etc. What I found interesting wasn't so much what was said, more how it was said, I would have loved to be in the commentary box to see the looks being exchanged. I may be reading a whole lot more into it , but while the rumours are flowing......... Pssst did ya hear that Gus is gonna coach the Sharks?

Surely

Post Whore
If Brown went to Souths why wouldn't Lang just slot back into his coaching co ordinator role at Souths?

He's only coaching the NRL side because he was already on the payroll and unlike the Sharks, Souths weren't going to pay out a sacked coach as well as pay a brand new one.

I was under the impression lang did want to coach after this season, as you said he just filled a void for this year.

mortz

It's funny how the same old rumors keep going around.
I was talking to a mate from Syd a ney yesterday, and the old "Gus has been approached to come out of retirement" story is doing the rounds....again.
Watching the Knights v Tigs last night, Gus was putting a bit of sh!t on Ray Warren as usual. A little while later, Rabs starts saying to Gus how Ricky had been talking Gus up in the paper, and how Gould had been helping out at Gymea etc. What I found interesting wasn't so much what was said, more how it was said, I would have loved to be in the commentary box to see the looks being exchanged. I may be reading a whole lot more into it , but while the rumours are flowing......... Pssst did ya hear that Gus is gonna coach the Sharks?

haha, i heard that at the pub yesterday, also heard the sniffs from our camp to the gould camp