What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuff bout next game?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
i want Hewitt, Fothergills (foth-er-gills), Wade, Howe, McAndrew (McAndrew), Arliss (ar-liss) and Hannah. Taufa (t-ow-fa) would be a good one too

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
ooh, as for full names: Shaun Hewitt, Adam Fothergills, Michael Wade, Ben Howe, James McAndrew, Andrew Arliss, Shaun Hannah, Sione Taufa

Paullyboy

Coach
As has been suggested by the others, some legends players would be great. Earlier on in the year I made what I deemed to be the all-time greatest players team after doing some pretty heavy research on the topic.

Churchill (church-hill)
Irvine (Er-vine)
Messenger (As in MSN messenger)
Brown
Grothe (Grow-th)
Lewis
Sterling
Beetson (Beet-sen)
Purcell (Per-sell)
Ryan
Bath (As in have a bath)
Provan (Pro (as in short for professional) - vin)
Raper

SP

Bench
ill may as well add some:

these are some from my under 13's footy team from like 7 yrs :lol:

also some are some of my friends

Heit (pronounced like you say Height)
Nixon (Nicks-son)
Witt (it aint pronounced in the game)
Mullins
Jänssen (its a scandinavian name, pronounced Yanssen)
Zhe (chee)

Jonotallica

Juniors
I'm not going to worry about this until it's announced that there will definately be a sequal.

If (more like when) that happens, I ll leave some names and perhaps this thread could be stickied to make it easier for Mario and Co to find it?

Also, great work on that sentance Timmo. :)

Evil Homer

Staff member
'textbook stuff there'
'what a hit'
'great work by Walker'
'they've come out strong in this second stanza'

Then post-try comments used when they've put the ball down,depending on the type of try,such as:
'Walker-they were never going to catch him'(but only for certain speedy players)
'Walker wasnt going to be stopped there,great strength from him'

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Ritchie

"I don't the [insert team name] can come back from here"

"He's sealed the match for them, that puts them in the 8/gives them the minor premiership/the grand final win"

gil10

Juniors
Here's my list:

Rath
Waugh
Rogusz (Row-guss)
Dempsey
Heathwood
Christie
Gordon
Hoareau (Horo)
Swan
Sparrow
Daley
Brearley
Esparon
Mayes
Braney
Dumas
Pittman
Gilbert

Also Mario, you should keep the retired player names in the database for next years version. Such as:

Gee
Fittler
Tallis
Sattler
Moodie
etc...

Here's some team names as well:

Brawlers
Gladiators
Devils
Crushers
Pirates...

NZtiger

Juniors
Just a few of my mates surnames I'd like to see added:

(apologies if any are in already)

McKinley
Reedy
Burn
Durry
Sims
Wutts

As for commentary suggestions:

I'd like to see mentions of how how close teams are from the top 8 near the end of the season. ie. "If the home team lose today there will be no chance of a top 8 finish" "It's do or die for the away side today" "Lose and it's bye bye for the ****"

And as I have mentioned before, a comment from the commentator about the home crowd leaving if you are playing very badly!!! :D

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
NZtiger said:
P.S Is anyone gonna sticky this post and change the HEADING as Mario suggested?

The moderators for this forum i haven't seen them around for ages. Maybe this forum needs new moderators or you could PM Willow or Legend to get them to come in here and change the name and make it sticky.