What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suaalii

TheFlash

Juniors
Hey mate Dan Silverman is a made up player that dickhead orange man made up, he gets he's thrills in trying to make people look like fools by asking who Silverman is, just a bully in another format this is the same person who has ago at people if they get off topic on threads, he's actual knowledge of Rugby League is limited and he covers it up with he's BS.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hey mate Dan Silverman is a made up player that dickhead orange man made up, he gets he's thrills in trying to make people look like fools by asking who Silverman is, just a bully in another format this is the same person who has ago at people if they get off topic on threads, he's actual knowledge of Rugby League is limited and he covers it up with he's BS.
That’s a rather extreme reaction..

Have you had a bad day?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I dont thnk fullback is our issue right now, and to get involved in a high priced (and God knows what other demands the agent and player want) bidding war for a youngster who hasnt turned 18 yet would be irresponsible.

Trying to buy players and at the same time trying to fit in all our current juniors will only lead to tears and frustrations.

How do we fit in to our squad:
Dufty, Ramsey, Schiller, Sloane as fullback options, or
Feagai's, Ramsey, Rava, Saab (as it stands), JP, SSE, Lomax, Schiller Sloane as centre/wing combos, or
Hunt, Sullivan, Amone, Norman, Wishart and lets throw Dufty here as well.

Even now we are going to have to be ruthless with some of these juniors and they will be forced out as you cant fit them all in (i realise some above are not juniors). Adding more will just be a recipe for disaster as young guys like Suaalii will jever be settled long term. No doubt he would stick around short term only then move to a glamour club, leaving us with our juniors already disillusioned amd looking elsewhere for their opportunity.

As many have stated already, we need forwards not backs.

Agree that forwards are our No 1 priority but this guy, by all reports, is exceptional. What's the point of having (virtually) billionaire owners if we aren't going to compete for the very best.

In our glory days, Frank Facer would have been after him.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Or improve him.
I really don’t get the Dufty hate..

He’s really come out of his shell this season..

Topped the try assists..

Equal top tryscorer..

2nd best in the squad for line breaks..

3rd best for tackle breaks..

If that’s a bad player, give me more of them.

redv13

Bench
I really don’t get the Dufty hate..

He’s really come out of his shell this season..

Topped the try assists..

Equal top tryscorer..

2nd best in the squad for line breaks..

3rd best for tackle breaks..

If that’s a bad player, give me more of them.
Surely he is the worst fullback at catching bombs?? I can’t think of a worse fb this yr in that category

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Surely he is the worst fullback at catching bombs?? I can’t think of a worse fb this yr in that category
For the players who’ve played fullback this year, dufty ranks 12th for errors.

Drinkwater at the Cowboys ranks 1st.

This would be why Bellamy let him go.

Dufty has improved out of sight this year.

Banjo2014

Juniors

Just checked the stats on nrl.com - Ponga had 25 handling errors - Drinkwater had 30 errors but he played alot of five eighth - didn't he?

https://www.nrl.com/stats/

possm

Coach
So how would this 17 year old kid Who has never played NRL be our fullback
Has he played rugby league?
what are you gonna tell all our other potential and current fullback at our club
Have you given up on Schiller now!
Fed dinkum
POSSM MESS
I am sure you have heard of a training assessment trial prior to signing a contract. Maybe he is not ready as yet and maybe he is. If not ready than the contract price should reflect this and he will need to start in a lower grade until he is ready.

My attitude towards selections has always been the same and never will change, 'form and skill-set' should be the over-riding criteria for selection.

For years the problem at our club is that we bag every suggestion to look at a player and mostly end up with sub-standard players. In the case of Hunt and Norman, we have ended up with high priced failures. In the case of Jack Bird and AFB our managers (in my opinion) made poor decisions regarding their retention.

But I am glad the term MESS has stuck in your mind. It has resulted in the reduction of Millward's influence on our squad.

possm

Coach
For the players who’ve played fullback this year, dufty ranks 12th for errors.

Drinkwater at the Cowboys ranks 1st.

This would be why Bellamy let him go.

Dufty has improved out of sight this year.
Going with your thinking, one would think that Bellamy would snap up Dufty if he was available. So why not swap JAC for Dufty. New contracts offered to each player from 1 Nov on.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Going with your thinking, won would think that Bellamy would snap up Dufty if he was available. So why not swap JAC for Dufty. New contracts offered to each player from 1 Nov on.
Would one? Why would Bellamy swap a undersized and unproven winger to replace a State of Origin winger in JAC? He’d also never replace Dufty with their current fullback Papenhuyzen and can’t ever seeing him replacing Munster at five eighth....not following your logic here...?

possm

Coach
Would one? Why would Bellamy swap a undersized and unproven winger to replace a State of Origin winger in JAC? He’d also never replace Dufty with their current fullback Papenhuyzen and can’t ever seeing him replacing Munster at five eighth....not following your logic here...?
I could not have said it better myself. I was trying to prompt exactly the statement you made as, although Dufty is a good attcking player at times, he is not a fullback we can rely on and without improvement in his defence, is not our best option at five-eighth.

For me the solutions from within are not quite ready right now and Dufty would cause us grief if we persisted with him at fullback. The likes of Ramsey and later Schiller would possibly make good fullbacks but would also make good wingers.

I'm tired of wasing season after season with poor coaching staff and poor players in our squad. Now we have a new coaching staff that definitely have the skills and experience and we have let go a lot of deadwood from the player roster (with still more to go).

So now, it is very important to recruit/promote the right players to enable the team to be competitive in season 2021 and beyond. Beefing up our forward pack with good hard nosed props and a top edge forward is essential and would need to be recruited from outside the club as it seems that no suitable candidates are coming through. Finding a suitable fullback is the other problem and so it will be up to the coaching staff to determine whether Ramsey is the man for the job right now or, do we recruit a fullback from outside the club.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Wrong again champion!! Drinkwater played 16 games this year. 13 at 5/8 and 3 at fb.
How’s that wrong? You’ve just confirmed he played fullback, like I said.

But kudos to you. It takes a certain level of dedication to trawl through 20 weeks of opposition team lists to try and win the Internet.

Latest posts