What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suaalii

possm

Coach
Contract negotiations between Suaalii and South Sydney have broken down and now the Rorters are wanting to add him to their squad even thought they have Tedesco in their squad who is the best fullback in the competition.

Given that the NRL are even considering a rule change to allow him to play NRL prior to him turning 18, and given that fullback is the backline position we really need to fill, should we make a play for Suaalii?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/dd5026cd6eb51f34be3ab2239bec6fa7

possm

Coach
We have neither an uncle Nic or an uncle Russ.
I'd say our two uncle Gordons are so much richer than uncle Nic and uncle Russ put together. It is time we started to compete for the good players instead of buying duds, bargins and below average players.

Sometimes there is a need to recruit someone special to lift a team. This particular young gun is rated highly by most coaches. Let's go after someone who could make a difference.

Walpole

Juniors
Contract negotiations between Suaalii and South Sydney have broken down and now the Rorters are wanting to add him to their squad even thought they have Tedesco in their squad who is the best fullback in the competition.

Given that the NRL are even considering a rule change to allow him to play NRL prior to him turning 18, and given that fullback is the backline position we really need to fill, should we make a play for Suaalii?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/dd5026cd6eb51f34be3ab2239bec6fa7
Matt Dufty is our fullback.

If you don't believe me, have a look at the bloke in number one in the first game next year.

BLM01

First Grade
Is he not a 5/8th
That is player number 70 on your wish list for next year for the first grade squad
hope we got the money to Afford them all

possm

Coach
Matt Dufty is our fullback.

If you don't believe me, have a look at the bloke in number one in the first game next year.
Griffin will demand more than that. We need a top line fullback and so, maybe Dufty will stay until this guy is eligable to play first grade or maybe even replaced by someone else who can tackle.

possm

Coach
Is he not a 5/8th
That is player number 70 on your wish list for next year for the first grade squad
hope we got the money to Afford them all
Come on now, what else 'Dragons' can we talk about. 'We're not in the finals and we have let go a bunch of players and recruited none. If we intend on waiting till Nov 1 to sign players (when Griffin officially begins his term), then there will be no decent players left.

Like many young players he can play in the halves or at fullback. He wants to play fullback and we need a fullback. But if it is five-eighth then I'm sure he will do a much better job than Norman.

Dragon David

First Grade
Suaali, Muesli, Salami who cares about this bloke. He is demanding stuff and his manager no doubt will try his best to get as much for him as he can and I can see it now that he will be a spoilt brat and will cry out if things don't go his way. He is a Kings scholar and no doubt his parents will also expect him to have the best.

No, we stick to the ones that WE have been nurturing and play them rather than go for someone who will want the world.

Walpole

Juniors
Can we rename 2021 Squad, Signings,R to add all these other player's who we dream of having but pure fantasy. Or start new thread so we just look in there if we want to have wank. Thread Name "FantasyLand".
Unfortunately it's only just started. There is going to be a thread about every single player off contract between now and round 1 next season, no matter how unattainable or how big a grub they are. Each thread will contain a re-jigged version of our team based on the latest "signing". Even a shortened off season is unbearably long.

Old Timer

Coach
Suaali, Muesli, Salami who cares about this bloke. He is demanding stuff and his manager no doubt will try his best to get as much for him as he can and I can see it now that he will be a spoilt brat and will cry out if things don't go his way. He is a Kings scholar and no doubt his parents will also expect him to have the best.

No, we stick to the ones that WE have been nurturing and play them rather than go for someone who will want the world.
Just another kid demanding the world before he has even stood up and shown what he has got.

Signing a kid who has had more legal advice than the high court could give is a recipe for disaster.

hazzbeen

Bench
Can we rename 2021 Squad, Signings,R to add all these other player's who we dream of having but pure fantasy. Or start new thread so we just look in there if we want to have wank. Thread Name "FantasyLand".
Yes mate let's just worry about who we have than dream about who we might get .....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I dont thnk fullback is our issue right now, and to get involved in a high priced (and God knows what other demands the agent and player want) bidding war for a youngster who hasnt turned 18 yet would be irresponsible.

Trying to buy players and at the same time trying to fit in all our current juniors will only lead to tears and frustrations.

How do we fit in to our squad:
Dufty, Ramsey, Schiller, Sloane as fullback options, or
Feagai's, Ramsey, Rava, Saab (as it stands), JP, SSE, Lomax, Schiller Sloane as centre/wing combos, or
Hunt, Sullivan, Amone, Norman, Wishart and lets throw Dufty here as well.

Even now we are going to have to be ruthless with some of these juniors and they will be forced out as you cant fit them all in (i realise some above are not juniors). Adding more will just be a recipe for disaster as young guys like Suaalii will jever be settled long term. No doubt he would stick around short term only then move to a glamour club, leaving us with our juniors already disillusioned amd looking elsewhere for their opportunity.

As many have stated already, we need forwards not backs.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s quite apparent that kids only allegiance will be to the jersey that has the biggest $ emblem .

A bad start to a career that demands ones heart and blood , sweat and at times tears .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I dont thnk fullback is our issue right now, and to get involved in a high priced (and God knows what other demands the agent and player want) bidding war for a youngster who hasnt turned 18 yet would be irresponsible.

Trying to buy players and at the same time trying to fit in all our current juniors will only lead to tears and frustrations.

How do we fit in to our squad:
Dufty, Ramsey, Schiller, Sloane as fullback options, or
Feagai's, Ramsey, Rava, Saab (as it stands), JP, SSE, Lomax, Schiller Sloane as centre/wing combos, or
Hunt, Sullivan, Amone, Norman, Wishart and lets throw Dufty here as well.

Even now we are going to have to be ruthless with some of these juniors and they will be forced out as you cant fit them all in (i realise some above are not juniors). Adding more will just be a recipe for disaster as young guys like Suaalii will jever be settled long term. No doubt he would stick around short term only then move to a glamour club, leaving us with our juniors already disillusioned amd looking elsewhere for their opportunity.

As many have stated already, we need forwards not backs.
Well said and all very true. Just concentrate on getting good quality forwards - end of story.

Latest posts