What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion

NPK

Bench
I know there is a suggestions thread, but I felt like making a new thread :D

Has a sports game ever had the option of playing (or watching) a game through a player's eyes? ie. the view you are looking at isn't a camera view, but the view that your chosen player sees.

Maybe the player whose eyes you want to see through can be chosen before the game and stick with him (but maybe still control the goalkicker), or whenever someone gets the ball the view switches to his perspective. This may get confusing, but it's an interesting idea I think.

It would make it realistic, as players don't have an aerial view of the field when they're playing...
Attributes could be created if this view is used...eg: ball players have better/wider peripheral vision than non ball-players..

Feel free to comment/flame 8)

NPK

Bench
Dammit, whenever I have a good idea, someone has already thought of it :)

Anyway, would it be able to be incorporated into a league game?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
What would be better would be career mode you start as a rookie, play each game as only that player when selected and as you to good things (big tackles, scoring tries, 40-20's etc) you get higher attributes, or if you do bad things (miss tackles, high tackles, handling errors) you lose attributes.

bulldog

Bench
I remember a soccer game a few years ago with a 1st person mode , It didn't really work . Don't know if it's been mentioned before but what about the crowd spurring your team on , temporarily lifting your stats . NHL did it a few versions ago .

The Engineers Room

First Grade
OR

if a player plays for another team against his original (Andrew Johns plays for Souths against Newcastle) a few things happen. His stats are increased and he is targeted for bigger hits.

[furrycat]

Coach
I think that is a bit unnecessary but it would be fun to see because I'd put Johns into another team just to smash him harder ;)

Rockn

Juniors
What about a replay option where you watch a replay of the game just played through a single players eyes? I'd love a career mode where if you play better you get higher attributes, but I would like to see it done for the whole team (like league week player ratings, if they get an eight they improve, a six decrease, and ezxtra training or something for a 5 or below?)

Latest posts