What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan for Flanagan Swap

Dragon David

First Grade
We would all like it to happen, but it wont, and I hope Im wrong, very wrong I reckon if Hunt says he is good to go he will be the 7 against the cows,,,,
The problem is that because Hunt is leading in the Dally M Awards, he has achieved this as the half back. I don't think Hook will change tack and put him in as a hooker when most of his good games have been at half. If Hunt is rested, Sullivan will be our half against the Cowboys but what I think is that Hunt will play for at least half of the game and Sullivan will then come on.

Sometimes it is good to have these problems. We knew from the get go that this year there would be players vying to get a start in first grade and we were happy that we had some sort of competition within the playing squad. Except for Rava, all other players look like they are available to play in Round 14. Hopefully Su'a and Moose and Burns will be in our team either in the first 13 or starting on the bench. I think Hook has a problem with player selection which is good for a change.

justadragon

Bench
The problem is that because Hunt is leading in the Dally M Awards, he has achieved this as the half back. I don't think Hook will change tack and put him in as a hooker when most of his good games have been at half. If Hunt is rested, Sullivan will be our half against the Cowboys but what I think is that Hunt will play for at least half of the game and Sullivan will then come on.

Sometimes it is good to have these problems. We knew from the get go that this year there would be players vying to get a start in first grade and we were happy that we had some sort of competition within the playing squad. Except for Rava, all other players look like they are available to play in Round 14. Hopefully Su'a and Moose and Burns will be in our team either in the first 13 or starting on the bench. I think Hook has a problem with player selection which is good for a change.
Hope you are right Dave and we get to see Sullivan in at 7 even though it maybe for half a game. I pose this question to you What happens if Hunt wins the Dally M from 7, what happens next year ? I can just see the write up now " Griffin shifts Dally M halfback to 9 and lets rookie take the reins " NOT !!!!! :)))

blacksafake

First Grade
If Hunt says he’s right to play then he should.
It’s an important game & a win would be very handy, he’s our best 7 as well as our captain.
Hopefully Bud will be in the 17 but I can’t see him & Mbye both being on the bench.

denis preston

First Grade
Just on that rumour, I don't believe any of it but would Bud's manager be inquiring on what plans the club has for Sullivan in 2023 ? What I am saying is , if hooks intention is Hunt as 7 until the end of his contract where does that leave Bud ? One things for sure , if they resign Hunt than Sullivan will have the right to look elsewhere surely ?

For me Sullivan 7 Hunt 9 sticks out like dog balls for 2023 . We save 600k buying a good 9 and we get a cheap game organiser for the first time since Widdorp left.