What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan the worst ever import?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
I hope for Warrington's sake that Cullen chose the 'sale or return' option on him. I have never seen a professional player that far off his game before.

He looked scared to death. He could barely run, couldn't tackle, couldn't pass and his kicking:shock:

He has his chance now with Bridge out with a broken arm, but if he doesn't take it, he looks a cert to be back home very soon.

JasonE

Bench
Imo he's only ever been a handy interchange player and the Wire were crazy to pay big money for him, as for the worst ever import can i offer the name Scott Donald ?

ozbash

Referee
i have been quite a fan of sullivan when he was at the Cronulla Sharks. I reckon he must have had an off day today, worst ive ever seen him.He is usually brilliant off the bench and would often lift the sharks up another gear.

might not be used to snow ? :)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
He tore it up off the bench with the Sharks but he would have aspired to dreadful today.

That kick! They had to have scored if they'd gone through the hands.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am glad you took him.

Can't tackle, terrible kicking game, no vision.

Was good at making tired forwards look tired.

salivor

First Grade
As others have said, Sullivan was always a good bench player but I've never seen him as a starting half. The Wolves would be best to move him to the bench and move Briers into halfback, surely GB can't persist with nuffies like Long and Deacon for the next series with a bloke like that running around in the ESL.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I thought he was playing off the bench? Wire fans say he looked dynamite at hooker in the pre-season, don't know what happened.

Davico was a much worse import for mine, at least Sullivan is there.

bartman

Immortal
salivor said:
The Wolves would be best to move him to the bench and move Briers into halfback, surely GB can't persist with nuffies like Long and Deacon for the next series with a bloke like that running around in the ESL.
They have done, despite the jersey numbers. I think he only started in Round 1, then played 7 minutes off the bench in Round 2, 6 minutes in Round 3, and only got all that game time last night because of halfback Chris Bridge getting injured.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
bartman said:
Owen Craigie deserves a mention if we're talking worst ever import...

When Owen Craigie left the UK last year, one Widnes official pointed out that he was departing with checked luggage of about 105 kg, which was only slightly less than his average weight as a player at stand off for Widnes.

Craigie had some talents but he also has a mental problem that has stopped him from realising his full potential.

Gaz_E

Juniors
I think Sully is suffering a real confidence crisis, and being thrown in at 7 when he's not played there for a while, coupled with the expectation of our (warrington) fans hasn't helped. I'll judge him when he's had a proper run of games and got up to speed. I think friday's game saw him trying that bit too hard to impress and it didn't happen for him, but he was attempting to attack the line and throw some passes which is a start. He admitted himself he's not played 7 for a while and was working on his skills again in both passing and kicking, plus getting his fitness up to the required level to got the full 80 in a meet the players forum before the season started. Given that all Rauhihi's done is play and appalling 30mins or so then go off injured with the money he's on i'm more inclined to point a finger in his direction as he didn't show much in the one trial game he played, where as Sully looked alright both at 9 and in the halves during the trial games.

As for worst imports, i offer up Adam Doyle, Scott Wilson, Tony Tatupu, Craig Teitzel, Dallas Mead, Tommy O'Reilly, Matt Rodwell without naming a whole bunch of south-sea islanders for Warrington alone who've been beyond terrible.

bartman

Immortal
Isn't Chirs Bridge out injured? But he seems to be named in tonight's 18...?

I was going to write with Bridge out for a while, Sullivan will get that game time to enable him to settle into the role, and feel less pressure to impress.

Either way I think Warrington will look a better prospect in the second half of the year when everyone's calmer and the new combinations have settled a bit more.

roughyed8

Juniors
Warrington beat Wigan 24-12 at the JJB stadium Lee Briers kicked 4 field goals:shock: in the victory, Warrington's first ever victory in the superleague in Wigan. Also Bradford overcame a spirited display By a injury hit Hull side winning 18-12 at a muddy Odsal.

bartman

Immortal
Sullivan didn't make the starting 17...

And for Wigan Pat Richards got his chance on the wing, with Dallas moving fullback, but to no avail.

Latest posts