What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sully Off To England???

Frenzy.

Post Whore
black_dot said:
Weird, only in that I can't understand how this quote from Raper in the same paper today also fits in with this :-

" People can say what they like, people can have their opinions. But it's what we believe that matters. I think we've got the personnel. we have shown that by some of the games we have won.We have a terrific backrow,we have good back up, strong forwards and smart hookers, we've got the strength"

Kingston obvioulsly isnt who is he thinking of when mentioning hookers, so it's hilder and sully.

:lol: Well one quote doesn't have to justify the other and vice versa. Also Raper is in damage control on many fronts and isn't going to give out news of players leaving. He may well be referring to Sully and Hilder but that doesn't mean they are staying either.

I have a feeling the golden child Bird is earmarked as the No 1 hooker for 2006, maybe even from here on in in 2005.

BTW reefy's list is accurate as far as those off contract are concerned and none are considered "must keeps".

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Maroubra Shark said:
I find this hard to believe but according to the tele (pg60) we are in line to get 0 big name signings:? How does that work if we are SUPPOSED to be one of the more cashed up clubs this year. The only thing I can put it to is that who ever is holding that cash book has short arms and long pockets. Surely we have to sign 1 big name to do any better next year.

The reality is that having the money doesn't guarantee anyone wanting to come to the club. I know for a fact we are interested in 2 big name forwards and a big name back but the club has to be able to get them here without paying overs.

It's really nothing to do with short arms and long pockets. It's more about who works where they don't want to when they have a choice.

black_dot

Juniors
Could it be about keeping tight financially this year as an insurance policy incase we get slapped with a big pay out or two from the courts ?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
no, nothing to do with that.
More a case of, what would one of our juniors do, if offered 2-3 times the amount the
Sharks are willing to pay.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
For out of towners, yesterdays local rag had an article on Williams.
Aparently the negotiations are happening as we speak, but him & Galloway will be sought after if they are free agents on June 30. Complicating that matter, is the Sharks have to wait until June 30 to see if they can get Cayless, Bailey or Mason so wont sign these 2.
I would say Galloway is growling about that.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
black_dot said:
Could it be about keeping tight financially this year as an insurance policy incase we get slapped with a big pay out or two from the courts ?

Maybe. We'll know in October/November.

Alan Shore

First Grade
If we have to lose one I'd rather keep Reece Williams, he's been far more consistent than Galloway. Ideally we retain both and snare Cayless or Mason.

Why would we even consider letting Hilder go?

Surely

Post Whore
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
:lol: Well one quote doesn't have to justify the other and vice versa. Also Raper is in damage control on many fronts and isn't going to give out news of players leaving. He may well be referring to Sully and Hilder but that doesn't mean they are staying either.

I have a feeling the golden child Bird is earmarked as the No 1 hooker for 2006, maybe even from here on in in 2005.

BTW reefy's list is accurate as far as those off contract are concerned and none are considered "must keeps".

This is a good move, Hilder whilst initially playing alright as a hooker has gone off the boil a bit.

Would be good for him to get back into the back row for a while. Let him run off some passes, instead of exclusively playing a dummy half roll.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well Bird better have a very long off season with the ball in hand & learning how to pass & throw an offload that is a bit more than a speculator.

RgSharks

Juniors
There is no chance we will let hilder go. Although i agree, he should play in the backrow, where he has played most of his career.

Surely

Post Whore
Blue Bagger 66 said:
Long overdue if he does - he runs rings around both Sullivan and Hilder (and Bird for that matter!)

How can you make that assessment Blue Bagger, have you seen sullivan and hilder play at PL level (or Bird for that matter).

I'm only guessing here but i would imagine any of those 3 players would kill it at PL level.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
Surely said:
How can you make that assessment Blue Bagger, have you seen sullivan and hilder play at PL level (or Bird for that matter).

I'm only guessing here but i would imagine any of those 3 players would kill it at PL level.

Yeah I have - and all 3 did play well at PL level, hence their selection in first grade. All I'm saying is Kingston would kill it at NRL level if given the chance. Just because he ain't playing NRL don't mean he ain't good enough. I just think he desreves a chance to prove himself and I'd prefer him to do it with the Sharks than be lost to another club.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
kinga will run rings around those players. guaranteed.cannot believe he hasnt had a start. he will get signed up by another club odds on.
I believe all players in my list will go.
Also I reckon merrit will get a release.
First 2 player to go will be Williams & Galloway.
Then watch the dominoes.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I believe that to be the case as well reefy. Seems people at the Sharks have very different ratings on some of the players that we (the forum in general) rate as valuable.

I don't think Kinga will get a run unless we get 9 long term injuries at once. Players will continue to be shuffled.